Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Yahoo polls anonymous coaches' scouting report, predicts Clemson-Notre Dame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: Yahoo polls anonymous coaches' scouting report, predicts Clemson-Notre Dame

Nov 6, 2020, 1:57 PM

Yahoo polls anonymous coaches' scouting report, predicts Clemson-Notre Dame

The No. 1 Clemson Tigers and No. 4 Notre Dame Fighting Irish will vie for top spot in the ACC in a 7:30 p.m. broadcast start on NBC Saturday in Notre Dame Stadi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could be a loss but don’t think so

Nov 6, 2020, 2:14 PM

and even if so, the probable ACCCG rematch will be a high ticket item for sure!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Yahoo polls anonymous coaches' scouting report, predicts Clemson-Notre Dame

Nov 6, 2020, 2:18 PM

Giddy???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The interior of the offensive line is more ACC-ish than one

Nov 6, 2020, 2:22 PM

of the top-five rosters in the country."

What the crap is that supposed to mean?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: "The interior of the offensive line is more ACC-ish than one

Nov 6, 2020, 2:37 PM

He is saying the same thing that we Tiger fans have been saying on here. But when have said it the response " it's a loaded box!". Truth is compared to the top 5 teams in the country our o-line is the softest. And at times the sloppiness. They must play better for us to win.

Watch UGAs or Bamas O-line....

Nov 6, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to "The interior of the offensive line is more ACC-ish than one ]

Then watch ours.

Theirs look NFL ready, ours looks inferior.

Which is also why ETN has had very little success running it up the middle. He really has to get to the edge to do anything.

Re: Watch UGAs or Bamas O-line....

Nov 7, 2020, 1:20 PM

Agree, but they are better at pass protection.
Usually the giant O-Linemen for SEC and Big 10 are better run blockers, but they have trouble with quick pass rushers.

Re: "The interior of the offensive line is more ACC-ish than one

Nov 6, 2020, 7:02 PM [ in reply to "The interior of the offensive line is more ACC-ish than one ]

He’s saying Brockhorst, Stewart, and Putnam aren’t good right now...and he’s absolutely correct...

Stewart is a walking bad snap...The lack of communication between Carman and Brockhorst caused a stupid chop block penalty that negated a huge 3rd down conversion...

They need to get better as a unit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I thought that "chop block" was a bad call

Nov 7, 2020, 11:06 AM

There was no upper engagment when the other lineman went low...

After the low hit, the defensive player kinda fell into the other OL and bounced off him.
(Forgive me for not remembering which OL went low.)

Re: TNET: Yahoo polls anonymous coaches' scouting report, predicts Clemson-Notre Dame

Nov 6, 2020, 3:19 PM

Yep, they all have a special plan going in the game against Clemson, and they all leave the game scratching their heads wondering what else could we have done. The answer is your best, and whatever their best is, Clemson has for the past 5-6 years has found a way to make their best not good enough, and that has been even when a team could match Clemson with talent. I believe Clemson has won so many games bc of the coaching staff. They study what a team is best at, and they come up with a way to defeat it. And they don't execute their plan all at once giving opposing coaches the time to make adjustments to counter, Clemson coaches I believe scheme their plans 1 quarter at a time until it's late 3d quarter and into the 4th throwing the kitchen sink at our opponents, and it's to little to late to make adjustments to stop them.

In our toughest games, we fans go crazy with the dink and donk plays Tony is calling, and late 3d quarter, he looks like a genius with how really fast we can score points. And he never shows anything against the less talented teams, and that gives the media everything they need to criticize Clemson bc we didn't get the blow out they expected, but, Clemson shows why they are deserving when it really counts!!! That's what I believe bc, some of our games, I often ask myself, how could we look so mediocre at one point, then like champions at another point. And that's why I believe that it's all in the planning of every game we play, maybe not, buy it sure looks that way!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 3:58 PM

I wish I could give you multiple TUs for that one.

I guess I'll get back to you later.

Nov 6, 2020, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Yahoo polls anonymous coaches' scouting report, predicts Clemson-Notre Dame ]

AllO, I am glad someone else gets it.

Nov 6, 2020, 7:47 PM

I got blasted on here after the VA game for suggesting the coaching staff was intentionally not blitzing and just rushing 3 or maybe 4 during that game to not show too much to Miami and “confuse” the scouting report. I think it’s great strategy - why show everything you have in games where it is not needed. BTW - the defensive game plan against Miami looked a lot different with blitzes coming from everywhere - just as I had predicted.

Nov 6, 2020, 3:28 PM

Which coaches are they talking to , Nancy state, uscjr, 'domers, the only coaching staff that has anything to say are from 'bamer. Even 'bamer can only talk 1/2 the time. Talk is cheap.

Nov 6, 2020, 4:40 PM

None of whom have beaten us, so their talk is just theory!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 6:13 PM

Unless our O-line has learned to block better this week and the back 6 or 7 have learned to cover, this will be a game that comes down to turnovers and costly penalties.

honestly with lawrence out we have nothing to lose

Nov 6, 2020, 7:20 PM

if we were to lose a close one..then beat them in the acc title game with lawrence we still make the playoffs

Re: honestly with lawrence out we have nothing to lose

Nov 6, 2020, 7:54 PM

I know I’m not supposed to say this - but the drop off from TL to DJ is not that much. If we lose - I think it will be because we are missing more on defense than offense. I don’t think they will keep us below 30 points and I’m really not expecting it to be as close as everyone is predicting. I think we are going to make a statement by winning convincingly.
GO TIGERS!!!!

this game will likely come down to

Nov 6, 2020, 8:57 PM

ETN producing and scoring. Whether it be rushing or receiving, the game may be his to win. Obviously his production will be determined by the performance of the OL. The Tigers can not turn the ball over. Possessions will be vital and they need to get those big third down conversions. Look for coach V to be the games MVP! I’m sure glad he wears orange!

Re: honestly with lawrence out we have nothing to lose

Nov 7, 2020, 7:27 PM [ in reply to honestly with lawrence out we have nothing to lose ]

And UGA loses again today!!!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic