Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I always feared our fans would do this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I always feared our fans would do this

Sep 4, 2016, 9:04 AM

Start winning big on the big stage, then *gasp* start complaining after wins like we're 2001 Miami or something. There will come a time in the very near future where we go 10-2 and a large portion of people will be upset, and that's sad. Remember where we came from and enjoy the ride.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or, hear me out...we can have civil discussions on how to

Sep 4, 2016, 9:06 AM

improve this team. Because that performance last night (players and coaches) wasn't where it should be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I'm sorry...

Sep 4, 2016, 9:08 AM

but "we" aren't going to improve anything. That's what needs to be understood.

Or you can explain how you intend to make improvements?

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes... you are. Don't start playing the semantics game on

Sep 4, 2016, 9:17 AM

a message board discussion by a fan about player/coach flub ups...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought football was entertainment and as such

Sep 4, 2016, 10:51 AM

I always expected fans would debate/discuss the performance afterwards. I also view message boreds as a main vehicle for that these days. What I find most odd is those people who don't really understand that aspect.

I feel pretty confident that every single one of us that is a true Clemson fan is happy for two big goals being met:

1) We won the opener on the road in a hostile environment!
2) No significant injuries!

A debate about our performance sure beats posts that start out with:

"Coot said this"
"Coot did that"
"Coot at work wore"
"Coot at grocery store bought"

Amen to that

Sep 4, 2016, 11:08 AM

This is a huge step up from every other post about the gamecocks.

What I don't like though is that some of posters are focusing on the criticism in a way that seems ungrateful to the coaches and team for getting us to this great position.

You can talk about the negatives without being negative.

You forgot "coot pumping gas...".***

Sep 4, 2016, 11:11 AM [ in reply to I thought football was entertainment and as such ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Give me a ####### break. People say "we" about NFL teams

Sep 4, 2016, 9:19 AM [ in reply to I'm sorry... ]

in cities that they don't even live in.

There's something in these hills.

Re: I'm sorry...

Sep 4, 2016, 9:24 AM [ in reply to I'm sorry... ]

Without Boosters, Dabo doesn't get his 140,000 sq ft Taj Mahal. So "we" is appropriate.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Re: Or, hear me out...we can have civil discussions on how to

Sep 4, 2016, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Or, hear me out...we can have civil discussions on how to ]

Right, totally agree. I wasn't thrilled with the clock management either. But I won't call our eventual HOF coach dumb, or bash Gallman for going OOB. It's the first game, away at a traditional power's field, and we won. Today is a good day.

Let's hope so...

Sep 4, 2016, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Or, hear me out...we can have civil discussions on how to ]

If we can't make observations in the right spirit, then why have the Tiger Boards? Yes, it was a great win (aren't they all?)... yes there are things to be fixed, and we have a couple of relatively soft opponents to hopefully fix them.

If we're going to compete on the "big stage" then we can't afford mental lapses like happened in the final 45 seconds... like Wayne running out of bounds...just coming out of a time out... did any of the coaches on the sidelines remind him to stay in bounds? And Dabo, if you're going to "put it in the hands of the defense" then don't tie their hands behind their backs in a prevent, IMHO. I know, that's second guessing, but I'll second guess a prevent virtually every time. Sorry about that.

In the end, thanks to the Tigers-- players and coaches-- for a truly memorable win! The last time Clemson beat Auburn at Auburn, I was one-year-old! Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's hope so...

Sep 4, 2016, 9:32 AM

We already are competing on the big stage. In fact, we competed on the BIGGEST stage just 7 months ago. I remember winning at Miami on 04, then sitting in Wallace Wade watching a 53 yard field goal split the uprights and a two win Duke team celebrating. These are the good ole days.

If we are six games into the season then yes I agree.

Sep 4, 2016, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Or, hear me out...we can have civil discussions on how to ]

Opening night, on the road, very hostile crowd, freshmen in key positions. I think we did well. we all know how we would have responded in years past.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Re: I always feared our fans would do this

Sep 4, 2016, 9:11 AM

Our fans are showing an attitude of entitlement instead an attitude of gratitude. Our only goal last night was to win the game and that was accomplished. Over the next two weeks we have two goals: win the games and improve. We will be fine and our dream is still alive.

50 sec - 5 sec-40 sec- 5 sec = ZERO

Sep 4, 2016, 9:14 AM

Whats truly amazing is listen to the telecast.....Not ONE word is uttered from Brent or Jesse

about that. Football 101, Only 2 things had to happen on 3rd down to secure a victory, don't fumble

and stay in bounds. WORST case they would have had one play from deep in their territory.

Re: 50 sec - 5 sec-40 sec- 5 sec = ZERO

Sep 4, 2016, 9:19 AM

Yep... the math don't lie!

I was also amazed that Jesse didn't comment... as for Brent, he summed up his "presence" on the final play of the game by (almost) screaming, "he has to throw it quick, the clock is going to run out before he throws it."

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 9:21 AM

Amen to that statement . Long time reader but I never take the time to post. I started going to games in 1975, was there through the Ford years and went to all the bowl games including the NC. Danny set the standard and lots of fans were complaining toward the end of his tenure about going 10-2. Enjoy the wins,but stay positive!

My father and I had this same conversation a few weeks ago,

Sep 4, 2016, 11:01 AM

as we rode by to check out the new football facility. This same thing happened in the 80's and new fans came out of the woodwork everywhere. You nailed it when you said we have to remember where we came and not become like some of the other fan bases out there. It's okay to have expectations, but we have to realize that not every game is going to be perfect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 11:15 AM

I'll admit in the moment I was a bit disappointed with the playcalling last night. Anything that wasn't thrown to Mike Williams wasn't very successful, but we are basing all expectations of this team and Auburn on last year.

That Auburn front looked as good as anyone we'll see last night. A good test to open with and gives our coaches film against an elite front as we prepare move down the road. Probably learned a lot more than we would have against Furman or Louisiana Tech.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic