Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Went to check out a 4Runner yesterday, realized why
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 616

Went to check out a 4Runner yesterday, realized why

Mar 1, 2021, 7:50 AM

I haven't bought a car in years. I hate dealerships.

We just wanted to see what the 3rd row in a 4Runner looks like. Took 30 minutes to get into one and look, 5 minutes to leave. No real help from the salesmen.

Apparently a 4Runner with a 3rd Row and Leather Seats are unicorns. We can find SOME in the wild, but it is dang hard to locate. They had one on the lot new, but no key and no info about it because reasons. I might would buy it too, but I might not want to deal with the Rock Hill Toyota place also. Also, dealer website inventories are trash.

Carvana looks great, but their inventory is pretty low on 4Runners that fit our needs too. CarMax has a used one not too far away but for some reason, I have always tried to steer clear of CarMax. Buying a car is too dang stressful.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can always add leather.

Mar 1, 2021, 7:53 AM

Katzkin is quality and Toyota leather is typically thin. Not a big deal to add it if you find one that meets your needs w/o it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup, if you shop around should be able to get a Katzkin

Mar 1, 2021, 8:01 AM

install front and rear (2nd row only )for about $1200-1300.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or....and maybe this is an option, we could just do that

Mar 1, 2021, 8:10 AM

5 years down the road when the kids have destroyed the cloth seats which is my wife's nightmare. Leather is a non-issue with me, I'm not fancy. But this might be a game changer, thanks dudes!!!!!

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Load up the the family and come to Toyota of Greer.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:00 AM

I'll need you to come pick up my far to takt it in for an oil change though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T-mail.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:02 AM

You have one.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what irritates me about the lunge.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:57 AM

RH clearly has a local Rock Hill contact, likely one he used to coach in youth sports, who now has started up a boutique car theft ring and is willing to "acquire" the exact car Greenr wants for a really aggressive price. Does RH share that info with the entire board though? Nooooooooo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It could be that.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:03 AM

Or, it could be that someone had the gall to steal one of my beautifully bleached skulls from a pike in my front yard over the weekend and I'm baiting a trap to replace it.

I guess we won't know until we know.

We tried to locate one with a third row in Raleigh

Mar 1, 2021, 9:00 AM

Almost non-existent so we never even stepped foot on a Toyota lot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

It puts us in a weird spot because there aren't THAT many

Mar 1, 2021, 9:16 AM

SUVs that fit my family without going Tahoe/Suburban.

Also, I'm not sure those would fit in my garage.

Pilot? Got one, going a slightly different direction.
Pathfinder? Nah, had a Nissan years ago and weren't pumped about it.
Tahoe? Too asspensive
Suburban? Too big
Explorer? Wife doesn't like styling and I'm not huge on it. Friend has one and don't really like it.
Traverse? Not sure about this one

I'm losing hope here. Might just sell a kid.

If there ever was a poster family for a Subaru Ascent,

Mar 1, 2021, 9:19 AM

it's yours. Picture that rear window with a glorious combination of jam band and running stickers....that feeling you get when you get envious looks of admiration everywhere you go in Asheville....the security of not having to worry about other men hitting on your wife because they assume she's playing for the other team....

I am TEAM SUBARU (Mom has one) but Wife is 100% on

Mar 1, 2021, 9:23 AM

TeamPenis so she isn't into scissoring or Subarus.

How about a Kia Telluride?

Mar 1, 2021, 9:32 AM

Three rows standard, and they're getting very good reviews. Has a pretty decent reliability rating from Consumer reports as well, and I actually like the styling on them. If I was willing to buy new, I'd sure go drive one. Resale isn't going to touch a 4Runner, but hey...what does?

Got several friends with em, and they all speak of them

Mar 1, 2021, 9:33 AM

in ridiculously glowing terms.

Also would need the family stickers...

Mar 1, 2021, 10:19 AM [ in reply to If there ever was a poster family for a Subaru Ascent, ]

Him, wife, the 5 kids, and the dogs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are a bunch of leftover 2020 Expeditions out there

Mar 1, 2021, 9:30 AM [ in reply to It puts us in a weird spot because there aren't THAT many ]

Why no Kia Telluride?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like, wife doesn't. I'm not big on the rear look of it

Mar 1, 2021, 9:32 AM

either. We also bought an '11 Pilot so we have gotten cars we don't really like the style of previously, trying to get something we LIKE a little better this time. It may not happen though.

Have you thought about a 2021 Mercedes G65?***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:33 AM

G wagon, G wagon, G wagon, G wagon

Mar 1, 2021, 9:35 AM

Wife would LOVE that, no matter if it is a good vehicle or not.

It's 4 or 5 times higher in cost than what I am probably looking for. Can you finance a G-Wagon for 72 months?

72? Friend you can do 84 months.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:36 AM

YOLO

Sounds like to me, you need to be in the market

Mar 1, 2021, 9:37 AM [ in reply to I like, wife doesn't. I'm not big on the rear look of it ]

of finding your balls first, before buying a vehicle

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon MauldinT....he knows exactly where they are.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:39 AM

And he can visit them in his wife's pocketbook when she gets home from work.

She doesn't keep them in her pocketbook

Mar 1, 2021, 9:44 AM

She keeps them in her clutch. Pocketbooks are not her thing

Those were removed almost 6 years ago

Mar 1, 2021, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Sounds like to me, you need to be in the market ]

#Blanks

And if she is going to drive the car, she should have input. Sounds like #RedPill is having alot of influence on you.

There's the Palisade. Volvo XC90 is kind of plain inside

Mar 1, 2021, 9:52 AM [ in reply to I like, wife doesn't. I'm not big on the rear look of it ]

but nice looking design. Then there's the Mazda CX-9, or Genesis GV80 if you want to look really snooty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure about the crash safety of the GV80.***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:53 AM

Greenr family be going on runs like

Mar 1, 2021, 10:01 AM

Purchased a 2016 suburban in 2019

Mar 1, 2021, 10:26 AM [ in reply to It puts us in a weird spot because there aren't THAT many ]

We like it. Don't get a Tahoe there is no room behind the 3rd row. The smaller Suv with 3rd rows are very cramped so we went up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least selling to Carmax was uneventful.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:35 AM

Walked in, they gave me a number, and I went home, Decided I wouldn't do any better, cleaned out my truck and came back the next day. 25 minutes later walked out to my uber with a big fat check. I thin they are a few grand high on their sales, but it really is no haggle. Some people are willing to pay for that.

4runner with 3 rows are going to be a special order. The body style I own (2003-2009) supposedly offered it, but I've neve seen one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMHO, 3rd row seats in any vehicle with a live rear axle

Mar 1, 2021, 9:38 AM

are pretty much for marketing purposes only. Wife of Greenr has visions of taking all the kids and their friends gallivanting all around York county while still being cool because it's not a minivan, but the reality is those seats will stay folded 360+ days of the year. I only know because I've been there too.

Somewhat right. Day to day, one side of the rear would be

Mar 1, 2021, 9:41 AM

open to space the kids out. This is what we do in the Pilot now. 3 kids in a backseat and they fight like hell. It's a true fact.

The problem is traveling, which I think we can make work with a rooftop carrier or one of those hitch platform things. This isn't rocket surgery, but it is going to stress me TF out.

The 3rd row is uncomfortable AF, but the kids sit in a booster anyway.

Ok here's my legit suggestion.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:43 AM

These are pretty fantastic and the third row is a great size.

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1686549

This is what I pay my monthly TNET fees for.***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:46 AM

Yep, Imma go with Obed here... the 3rd row in most SUVs suck

Mar 1, 2021, 10:42 AM [ in reply to IMHO, 3rd row seats in any vehicle with a live rear axle ]

the only ones that are actually useful are in the Infinity QX60 (seats even slide forward with a car seat in them), Haven't been in a Acura MDX but I would assume it's similar to a Pilot. Everyone that I know who has a Pilot has gotten rid of it and gone bigger (Tahoe, Expedition).

Current car is a....

Mar 1, 2021, 10:48 AM

Pilot

Just talked to banker who has a Pilot, needs to dump it. Is this common? I see them everywhere.

I think when they first came out a lot of people tried them

Mar 1, 2021, 10:52 AM

because of the price point and 3rd row.

I'm on my 2nd GX460. Reliable, enough room for the fam plus plenty of cargo room or 3rd row. Towing capability. I don't love it but I can't figure out what else I'd want and it has NEVER left me stranded unlike the Tahoe I replaced.

GX460 isn't really any bigger than a 4runner.

Mar 1, 2021, 11:54 AM

It's basically the same truck, but it has the V8 the 4runner should have.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe not, but ride is smoother, 2nd row captains

Mar 1, 2021, 12:39 PM

chairs so my children don't kill each other on the way to school.

Have you considered that what you really need is-

Mar 1, 2021, 9:39 AM

https://www.americanbussales.net/buses-for-sale/school-buses-for-sale/9-to-34-passengers-school-buses-for-sale/2021-chevy-trans-tech-sst-14-passenger-kao1/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Just sent that to her. It's a possibility.***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:43 AM

Replies: 39
| visibility 616
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic