Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rule Question - If PAT is blocked or intercepted and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Rule Question - If PAT is blocked or intercepted and

Jul 15, 2012, 3:39 PM

returned for a TD but the runner "showboats" before the goal line and a flag is thrown. What is the call? It's suppose to be 15 from spot but then whose ball is it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rule Question - If PAT is blocked or intercepted and

Jul 15, 2012, 3:42 PM

Good question, but I would say that no points (for the PAT only) and we move on to the kickoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2012, 3:44 PM

It is not a TD - it is 2 points.

My GUESS, the try is no good.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Would be the same as if he was tackled

Jul 15, 2012, 3:49 PM

If the returner was tackled at any point before crossing the line the attempt is no good. Thus if there is a penalty on the return the attempt would be no good. The interesting question is would the penalty then be marked off on the ensuing kick-off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't a penalty against the defense on the play not

Jul 15, 2012, 3:57 PM

result in a 2nd PAT attempt for the scoring team?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wouldn't a penalty against the defense on the play not

Jul 15, 2012, 4:03 PM

I doubt it because the penalty would occur AFTER the change of position. Same thing applies if there is a penalty AFTER an interception on a return. The INT stands, but the penalty is marked off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great minds and all that stuff :-). *****

Jul 15, 2012, 4:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting thought but

Jul 15, 2012, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Wouldn't a penalty against the defense on the play not ]

After a change of possession I don't think so - for the same reason if the def showboated on an interception return the ball wouldn't go back to the offense.

Nope

Jul 15, 2012, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Wouldn't a penalty against the defense on the play not ]

The penalty in effect stops the play immediately at the point the penalty is committed. So the play, up to that point, is 'counted' and play moves on to the Kickoff.

The 15 yard penalty is not moved over to the kickoff.

All of the above sounds correct. No points. Play over. Go

Jul 15, 2012, 5:07 PM

to kickoff.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All of the above sounds correct. No points. Play over. Go

Jul 15, 2012, 5:26 PM

ok, that makes sense, so what are they really gonna do?jk

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All of the above sounds correct. No points. Play over. Go

Jul 15, 2012, 9:55 PM

Cherry would mark it off 15 and give the other team a PAT!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of Furman v App State in '02; Napier threw the

Jul 15, 2012, 4:10 PM

interception on the 2 point conversion when they went up 1 point with 7 seconds left, but lost by 1. Looks like the guy showboated a little; wonder if they would have called it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUcQ4irFl_s

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why did Napier throw that ball??! wow***

Jul 15, 2012, 6:08 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this video explains it pretty well...

Jul 15, 2012, 5:31 PM

http://youtu.be/M5QGkOGZubQ

And there can be no appeal...

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think this video explains it pretty well...

Jul 15, 2012, 7:13 PM

I love that!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2012, 6:37 PM

Hope we are never the team kicking if that happens,,and would not want to be the player who gets flagged and have to come to the sidelines and be greeted by Dabo

It depends on...

Jul 15, 2012, 7:52 PM

if Clemson is playing and if Ron Cherry is the ref.

If both are true, then if Clemson was showboating the call would be no points, half the distance to the goal for the other team, and replay the conversion attempt.

If the other team was showboating, the flag would be waived off, they would be awarded 2 points, and 15 yards would be accessed against Clemson for unsportsmanlike conduct when Dabo blows a gasket.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's Funny.***

Jul 15, 2012, 8:06 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic