Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Man, I'm worried that Dabo poked the bear.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Man, I'm worried that Dabo poked the bear.

Nov 24, 2020, 8:55 AM

As much as I'd like to go down to Tally and beat up on FSU 55-3 before playing ND, I'm not sure that would be a good idea anymore.

Mike Norvell is angry, and his team is angry. I just have a feeling if we end up making up that game, we are gonna end up running into a buzz-saw and getting beat, ruining our ACC title game chances and natty chances.

There is zero reason for us to make up that game. Beating an awful FSU team does not help our playoff chances. Losing to an angry Norvell will ruin our ACC Title and Playoff chances.

I hope Dabo is smart enough not to take the bait.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU lost to Georgia Tech. We would destroy FSU***

Nov 24, 2020, 8:56 AM

How did they beat UNC?***

Nov 24, 2020, 9:40 AM

UNC's defense is is just a tad worse than FSU. FSU's offense

Nov 24, 2020, 9:51 AM

and defense are both bad to very bad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First, let's take care of Pitt. then concentrate on VT

Nov 24, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to FSU lost to Georgia Tech. We would destroy FSU*** ]

before thinking about FSU.

The FSU game, Dabo will get a very comfortable lead, take the starters out and the reserves will get valuable experience and playing time. Then we will hopefully concentrate on ND in Charlotte.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU would not beat Clemson

Nov 24, 2020, 8:56 AM

but I could see them taking cheap shots to get our guys hurt

Yes. Why would you risk injury? There's zero reason to play

Nov 24, 2020, 8:58 AM

the FSU game. Use that time to practice for ND. The only reason to make it up would be if we had to cancel the Pitt game or the VT game. Because then, our head to head win against Miami doesn't matter.

But Dabo has woken up this FSU team. Dangerous, dangerous game.

Re: Yes. Why would you risk injury? There's zero reason to play

Nov 24, 2020, 8:59 AM

Where has Dabo ranted about the coach and the team? Please show me.

And if anything, our players are pissed off and would run mad all over that #### team.

Nov 24, 2020, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Yes. Why would you risk injury? There's zero reason to play ]

Caddie said:

the FSU game. Use that time to practice for ND. The only reason to make it up would be if we had to cancel the Pitt game or the VT game. Because then, our head to head win against Miami doesn't matter.

?????? You lost me at "woken up this FSU team"

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 10:43 AM

Let us enjoy the deep, rich satisfaction of the state each of these football teams are. So much different than 10 years ago.

Then, we were running after FSU. To try to get to their level, that of a national championship contender. Now, they are running away from us, looking for places to hide in their embarrassment.

FSU will viscerally feel what the word dangerous means

Nov 24, 2020, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Yes. Why would you risk injury? There's zero reason to play ]

when they arrive next year in the Valley.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Yes. Why would you risk injury? There's zero reason to play ]

User Logo
Caddie
All-TigerNet [11934]
TigerPulse: 96%
Yes. Why would you risk injury? There's zero reason to play
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 8:58 AM

hopefully you are trying to be funny because no one can be this stupid.

Re: FSU would not beat Clemson

Nov 24, 2020, 10:31 AM [ in reply to FSU would not beat Clemson ]

After watching NC State cheap shot Liberty all night, I'm glad we don't play them this year.

Re: Man, I'm worried that Dabo poked the bear.

Nov 24, 2020, 8:58 AM

Nov 24, 2020, 9:03 AM

So FSU is angry. Big deal! They are terrible. If you're worried about playing FSU, you're not getting much sleep.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Man, I'm worried that Dabo poked the bear. ]

FSU has poked the tiger and they should be worried about Dabo and our team.

Nov 24, 2020, 9:04 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is angry and our team is angry so that.......

Nov 24, 2020, 9:04 AM

means we'll want to beat the #### out of FSU.

Sometimes playing emotional can backfire on you and

Nov 24, 2020, 9:06 AM

cause you to do dumb stuff. Like, what if ETN tries to plow over a safety to score a TD and separates his shoulder in a meaningless game that we did not even have to play.

Nov 24, 2020, 9:14 AM

I agree . We've beaten FSU the last 5 years by a combined score of 675 to 45. The last thing we need to do is awaken a sleeping giant. I could see them pulling some stunt where Bobby Bowdens wife shows up wearing her half Clemson half FSU sweatshirt and rips off the Clemson part exposing her booby

Nov 24, 2020, 11:10 AM

Where do you get your stats?? That would be winning by over 100 points per game.

Nov 24, 2020, 11:40 AM

Nov 24, 2020, 9:19 AM

Need to save the Nole nuttt cuttttting for 2021 in the Valley.

82,000 Tigers would like to help with the process.

Go Tigers !!!!!!!!

Beat the Pits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 24, 2020, 9:19 AM

We are the Bear ??

Go Tigers! ????

Nov 24, 2020, 9:22 AM

Now, THAT'S funny.

If the game is played, and I'm not sure it will be, Dabo will play his starters the first half, build up a 40 point lead and then turn the game over to the rest of the guys in the second half.

FSU better hope the game is scheduled to be played in Clemson, that way Dabo can play all 114 guys on the sideline. If it is played in Tally, he will only be able to go 80 deep and FSU will feel the wrath of the 2nd and 3rd string players, not the walk-ons.

Nov 24, 2020, 9:25 AM

Please let everyone in on the joke.

Shirley, you can't be serious

That bear he might have poked

Nov 24, 2020, 9:25 AM

Is laying on the side of the road. It isn't going to hurt anybody.

Nov 24, 2020, 9:26 AM

Ooh, Mikey is upset. And his SemiAholes are weally, weally angwy. I'm so ascared.

Get a grip, you pusilanimlous pipsqueak! If we play those turda again in the next few weeks we will obliterate them. They aren't even as good as they were two months ago, and they stunk back then. I'd rather not have to play and possibly have one of our guys get hurt. But if we do play, it's either at Death Valley or we need to collect travelling money from them. No compromising at this point. Amen?

Nov 24, 2020, 9:27 AM

Pusilanimous, as in cowardly clump.

Nov 24, 2020, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Man, I'm worried that Dabo poked the bear. ]

Turds. I spell really lousy when passionate! :)

I think the plural of turd is turdae, not turda

Nov 24, 2020, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Man, I'm worried that Dabo poked the bear. ]

In Latin

Jeez, the sarcasm gauge on TNet this morning...

You need to read the ESPN article about FSU.

They're years away from being able to compete with us. Having big hearts can't fix the issues they have, and Dabo's proven he can keep his team focused no matter what. He's won a championship after losing a game, he's won a championship with an undefeated team. Trap games, buzzsaws, angry coaches, emotion: these things don't affect us. Notre Dame beat us because our team was devastated by injury, and it still took double OT in their house to take us down.

Personally I think the makeup game won't happen, but we'll see. I do want to play it, because you play your games. You don't pick and choose to help your playoff chances or avoid injury. Only cowards do that. You man up, play your whole schedule, and you are judged by your body of work.

Also, what the h3ll do Norvell and FSU have to be angry about? WE are the angry ones, and they'll find that out the hard way either in December or next year.

Nov 24, 2020, 9:29 AM

I hope you are not serious about FSU beating us because they are mad. I guess your post is tongue in cheek, although I may agree there may be no point in playing them right before the championship game.

Nov 24, 2020, 9:39 AM

But you could use the same logic for Clemson. Based on Dabo’s interviews he’s the one fired up and angry. They best watch out.

Nov 24, 2020, 9:43 AM

If we play, we'll beat them 60-6. I doubt Dabo is worried about losing to FSU this year.
My fear is that we may get a key player hurt, or a bunch of guys get Covid from FSU.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Nov 24, 2020, 9:43 AM

No reason for them to be pizzed . Dabo said he thinks their players wanted to play . Adm did not .
Anyway, a pizzed off pissant couldn't do much with an aardvark.

I'm thinking just the opposite... I can see the horse stepping

Nov 24, 2020, 9:47 AM

on his own deek, getting impaled on the flaming spear, and catching Chief Osceola's nuts on fire.

Not at all scared of that bunch....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Nov 24, 2020, 9:49 AM

More like "Poked a couch potato"

excellent point

Nov 24, 2020, 9:50 AM

I can't see the FSU administration encouraging their fine young kids to play mean and vicious. I don't think the FSU coach would allow that at such a prestigious institution. It's not about Ws and Ls at FSU. They really care about their players. Just go ask them...

So good to see YorkTiger back in the house....***

Nov 24, 2020, 9:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 9:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nov 24, 2020, 9:59 AM

Is this a joke? A troll?
Dabo is one percent correct in everything he said.
Plus play anybody anywhere anytime we are not scared!
If you lose to FSU no matter their emotional state you do not deserve to be in a playoff!

Shirley you're joking

Nov 24, 2020, 10:24 AM

...otherwise, I'd say your post is one of the most idiotic I've ever seen on Tigernet (and that's saying something).

1) The only "bear" in this conversation is Clemson/Dabo. FSU can barely field a football team with average talent and coaching.

2) You can forget Clemson travelling back down to Tallahassee unless the Nole's foot-the-bill.

3) If you've convinced yourself that FSU is buzzsaw material then you haven't watched them play.

4) FSU being "angry" has nothing to do with the curb-stomping Clemson would administer. "Angry" teams don't beat Clemson. Only a really good team that plays out of their collective mind has a chance to beat Clemson, and FSU hasn't shown that ability in years.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is a joke...right?

Nov 24, 2020, 10:28 AM

who cares how angry Norvell or the crap semiholes are? they would still get beat by 50 at this point. Clemson isn't exactly happy with them either.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Nov 24, 2020, 10:41 AM

FSU, their coach, their fans, and even that turd known as John Swofford can get mad, glad, or sad because it will not make a bit of a difference......we would beat them every day of the week and twice on Sunday even on their best day of the year......hope we do get to play them so we can beat the snot out of them.....look for us to score a 100 points because Dabo is not going to play MR nice guy this time around and pull the starters before halftime.....it will get ugly for the criminoles and one for the record books......Go Tigers!!!!!

I Too Hope We Don’t Play FSU

Nov 24, 2020, 10:52 AM

I hope there isn’t a game on Dec. 12.

But not because I’m concerned that “Dabo poked the bear”. There is nothing at all to fear there. I wouldn’t be surprised if FSU has cancelled the rest of their season by then.

I’d rather have the open week to prep for Notre Dame. That would give us two full weeks to prepare for them. ND has Wake scheduled on 12/12.

Although I wouldn’t be surprised to see the league intervene and make the schedules equitable, so that there is no perceived advantage for the ACC Championship.

Nov 24, 2020, 10:55 AM

There's very little chance FSU is beating Clemson, no matter how mad they may be. There is a far greater chance that both teams hit the field with a lot of anger and things get out of control from there.

Nov 24, 2020, 11:14 AM

Ima beat yo covidass! LOL!

Nov 24, 2020, 11:20 AM

FSU is not the one that spent 300k and countless hours traveling to Tallahassee only to see them wasted over a bunch of what-if's and hand wringing.

The reason there is so much vitriol aimed at Dabo is that he has the audacity to say we need to be logical about our decision making and look at the facts. She wrongly says the death rate is 2.1%. Again choosing fear over logic and reasoning. A 2.1% death rate assumes we know every single case of Covid which is not the truth. Antibody studies have shown the actual cases are 10X as high meaning the death rate is more like .2% or even lower. The media loves to fan the fear flame and when someone dares speak against fear, they hate it.

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic