Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think the SCOTUS is going to hear this case.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

I think the SCOTUS is going to hear this case.

Dec 9, 2020, 7:03 AM

"Jordan Sekulow: I can already report now the Supreme Court has put on the docket the parties: Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. When you look at the states that were named they have to now respond by Thursday at 3 PM to this bill of complaint.

And they have to respond to very specific items. So the Supreme Court is not just considering what Texas filed today they are now going the next step which is we want a response from the states named… Again I think this is very clear. This is the case we’ve been talking about to reach SCOTUS. This is the outcome determinative case. 62 electoral college votes at stake enough to change the outcome of the election."

https://abcu8.co/2020/12/09/mi-ga-pa-and-wi-are-required-to-respond-to-texas-case-by-thursday/

Unless I'm misremembering the Gore vs Bush the issue was one county in FL counting ballots differently than other counties in the state. Maybe related, maybe not however, the SCOTUS decided the POTUS election by ending the bickering over a few hundred vote.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the SCOTUS is going to hear this case.

Dec 9, 2020, 7:04 AM

They might, but in the end it will lead nowhere. It is over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like it was in FL during the AL vs George contest?***

Dec 9, 2020, 7:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like it was in FL during the AL vs George contest?***

Dec 9, 2020, 7:13 AM

Not even similar situations. It's more like the coots hoping to make a comeback when we were up on them 63-17 with under 2 minutes to play in the 4th. That's where Trump is right now. That's where you are right now. You seriously have a better chance of winning lotto or sleeping with Marisa Tomei. That's the situation and those are your odds.

Tell me how it's different rather than insulting me and...

Dec 9, 2020, 7:29 AM

trying to ridicule me by comparing me to the coots by saying 'That's where you are right now.'

You deserve to be insulted for this idiocy.***

Dec 9, 2020, 7:31 AM

Re: Tell me how it's different rather than insulting me and...

Dec 9, 2020, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Tell me how it's different rather than insulting me and... ]

I am not ridiculing you. I wasn't insulting you either. I was explaining the reality. It's over. It is completely far fetched for Trump to get a 2nd term. It's equal to the 3 scenarios I listed.

Dec 9, 2020, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Tell me how it's different rather than insulting me and... ]

Gore came down to 537 votes in Florida, 1 state. That's why it was so contentious. Trump was blown out. The amount of things that would have to come together for Trump to win would be astronomical. Moreover, there is no proof of massive voter fraud, etc etc. It's a clown show. It's over. Trump's team gets laughed out of court at every turn. Even KellyAnne Conway has conceded it's over. You're just witnessing a money grab, grifter, con job, by Trump and crew. They have raked in a quarter billion dollars due to guys like you not getting the reality. That's not an insult at all. I am just pointing out the facts.

Dec 9, 2020, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Tell me how it's different rather than insulting me and... ]

He wasn't insulting you. He's trying to get you to grasp reality, and honestly, 88, it's for your own good. You are grasping at every straw you can find and you're so obsessed with this ridiculous idea that Trump really won, I'm genuinely worried about how you're going to handle it mentally come Jan. 20.

You have to accept this. It's over. There is nothing you can do about it, and there's nothing Trump can legally do about it. Everyone is telling him that he lost.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Dec 9, 2020, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Tell me how it's different rather than insulting me and... ]

You have repeatedly brought all of this coot ridicule upon yourself.

I don't agree with the "comeback" analogy.

Dec 9, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Like it was in FL during the AL vs George contest?*** ]

There's nothing to "come back" from. This would be more akin to the Gamecocks losing the game, then complaining ad nauseum that Dabo paid his recruits and cheated. Of course, that is pretty much what does happen.

Re: I don't agree with the "comeback" analogy.

Dec 9, 2020, 9:32 AM

I love you and pray for you every night. It's such a delight to see you have fun rather than being a stick in the mud. I know you pray for me too and I know how carefully you choose your words.

Bless your heart***

Dec 9, 2020, 10:10 AM

That's 88 for you. When you prove him wrong

Dec 9, 2020, 10:13 AM

he will send you a tmale saying he's praying for you and he won't discuss the issue any further (because he's been proven wrong).

Then he will come back in P&R and keep debating you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I usually admit I'm wrong and I keep..

Dec 9, 2020, 10:20 AM

personal communication person being that I have a specific measure of integrity. You progressives have whipped most conservatives into silence with insults and ridicule. You guys don't bother me, I've raised a lot of children.

Re: I usually admit I'm wrong and I keep..

Dec 9, 2020, 2:22 PM

I don't know about that admission thing. You claimed you would accept the election results, and when I pointed that out to you, you've just continued to dodge that while grasping at the straws on this issue.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

A case going to the SCOTUS is grasping at straws?

Dec 9, 2020, 6:54 PM

We'll see.

Re: Like it was in FL during the AL vs George contest?***

Dec 9, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Like it was in FL during the AL vs George contest?*** ]

The fact that you think the two situations are even *remotely* similar is pretty a pretty glaring admission that you have no idea how any of this works.

So when this one goes nowhere will you admit

Dec 9, 2020, 7:28 AM

it’s over or are you meeting up with Skeeter and Mealteam 6 at the VFW? Dusted off the old grays yet?

I don't understand the concept.

Dec 9, 2020, 7:36 AM

What did those states do to Texas?

Re: I don't understand the concept.

Dec 9, 2020, 7:45 AM

Texas' request will be tossed out by the end of the day Friday I bet.

Dec 9, 2020, 7:50 AM [ in reply to I don't understand the concept. ]

Nine other states are joining the suit. What they are saying is that the PA and three other states held elections which violated the US constitution in that they provided for methods of voting not approved by the state legislation(s) or general assemblies.

During Gore vs Bush the SCOTUS decision was that the counties in FL counted votes differently which disenfranchised some voters in the state. Texas and the other nine states are claiming that legally similar difference occurred here. The main difference is how those four states conducted and certified mail in ballots.

What Texas is saying is 'Why do they get to violate the US constitution while the rest of us obeyed the law?'

It might not float with the SCOTUS but it sounds good.

If they violated the US Constitution, then

Dec 9, 2020, 7:52 AM

the courts in those states would say so. That's why those states and districts have courts.

I don't see how another state could claim standing to say another state's election process hurt them.

I respect your opinion.

Dec 9, 2020, 8:09 AM

In this case the SCOTUS seems to be obligated to hear the case so I won't pretend to believe that just because they are hearing it means the respect the contentions made by Texas or the nine others.

Like everyone else I'm still learning about this. Here's another article which might help us understand more. It provides both views rather than being onesided like most news.

"This highly unusual use of the court’s original jurisdiction — which is most often used to resolve interstate disputes involving, for example, water rights — came just six days before each state’s electors are required by law to meet and cast their ballots in the Electoral College.

The filing by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton accuses government officials in the four states of using the COVID-19 pandemic to make changes to their states’ election laws through “executive fiat or friendly lawsuits, thereby weakening ballot integrity.” The state officials, Paxton writes, “flooded” their states with absentee ballots and “weakened the strongest security measures protecting the integrity of the vote-signature verification and witness requirements.” As a result, Paxton contends, the 2020 election “suffered from significant and unconstitutional irregularities in those four states” – for example, treating voters in Democratic areas more favorably than in other areas. When taken together, Paxton asserts, these flaws make it impossible to know who “legitimately won the 2020 election and threaten to cloud all future elections.”

There is normally no specific timetable for the court to act in such cases, but Paxton explains that the state will seek expedited consideration of its request. He also urges the justices to resolve the dispute without additional briefing, telling them that the issues presented in the case – involving the outcome of the 2020 presidential election – “are neither fact-bound nor complex.”

Texas is normally represented in the U.S. Supreme Court by its solicitor general, Kyle Hawkins, who argued before the court last month in the challenge to the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate. However, Hawkins’ name does not appear on the filing.

Officials in the states being challenged described Texas’ filing as an outlandish stunt with no legal basis. “These continued attacks on our fair and free election system are beyond meritless, beyond reckless,” Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro (D) wrote on Twitter.

“I feel sorry for Texans that their tax dollars are being wasted on such a genuinely embarrassing lawsuit,” Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul (D) wrote. “Texas is as likely to challenge the outcome of the Ice Bowl as it is to overturn the will of Wisconsin voters in the 2020 presidential election.”

Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr (R), who was recently named the new chair of the Republican Attorneys General Association, also brushed off the lawsuit. “With all due respect, the Texas Attorney General is constitutionally, legally and factually wrong about Georgia,” a spokesperson for Carr said, according to The Dallas Morning News.

The justices still have another election case from Pennsylvania pending: the challenge to a ruling by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court that extended the deadline for absentee ballots until three days after Election Day. The Supreme Court declined to fast-track the petition by Pennsylvania Republicans to allow the justices to consider the case before Election Day; the justices will likely consider the case early next year."

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/heres-what-the-state-ags-are-saying-about-the-texas-case/

Dec 9, 2020, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't understand the concept. ]

9 other states won't join the suit and it won't make a difference if it ever did happen. This whole thing will be completely over within a week. There is no case. At least you will be able to completely focus on the Notre Dame game without any distractions. It should be a good one.

Since when is a total blowout and buttstomping by one team..

Dec 9, 2020, 8:22 AM

considered a good game. ND might score 15 while Clemson will drop half a c-note on them. It's going to be fun but I can't say it's going to be a good game being that blowouts are seldom considered good games.

My prediction 54-13.

Re: Since when is a total blowout and buttstomping by one team..

Dec 9, 2020, 10:11 AM

Well, it is disheartening to see that your delusions are not restricted to Trump and politics.

At least there is no real harm in being delusional about CFB***

Dec 9, 2020, 12:10 PM

I don't. Election laws are run by states

Dec 9, 2020, 8:02 AM

For Texas to have standing with the Supreme Court they have to show, specifically, how they were damaged by one of those other states' election laws. Since no widespread fraud has been found in those states, they're relying on complaining about what the other states did in their election process, not some fraud that resulted from it. As such, there's no way the Supreme Court would hear it. If they do, there's no case to be made anyway without evidence of voter fraud.

I doubt they take the case.

Unless I'm misreading, or misremembering, Gore/Bush 2000 was over a recount, not invalidating the vote.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bush v. Gore is the opposite of this.

Dec 9, 2020, 8:05 AM

This would be like if Joe Montana sued Bush because he didn't like the result in Florida.

Yep. Totally different issue.

Dec 9, 2020, 8:24 AM

In that case it wasn't state against state, it was a county, a single county in Florida, and it was over a recount, not invalidating the votes of the county, or the voting system of the county. Plus that was a very close race, literally 600 votes in one county in Florida decided the Presidency. This election there's hundreds of thousands of votes in 5 states. Without some proof of a coordinated fraud, and elections being rigged in 5 different states, and in multiple different districts in those states, there's no way Texas has a case. At all.

The only way I see the Supreme Court taking the case at all is as a nod to adjudicate a dispute between states. But even then, there's no standing for Texas to begin with.

Unless you can prove coordinated and widespread fraud across several states, there's no way anything happens. And Trump hasn't proven that. If Trump thinks he can approach this like a criminal trial, and all he has to do is show reasonable doubt, then it's over. Trump has the burden of proving fraud, not showing reasonable doubt (even if unreasonable), to overturn a state's vote.

I mean to grab a retired Army officer who is a firearms/self defense instructor/amateur beer maker in Texas to give a statistical analysis of the election results in certain states, and have a fake "hearing" in a hotel ballroom, just wow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree but that's not strange.

Dec 9, 2020, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Bush v. Gore is the opposite of this. ]

We'll see.

If Texas didn't have standing the SCOTUS would have...

Dec 9, 2020, 8:25 AM [ in reply to I don't. Election laws are run by states ]

dismissed this without further consideration. The scotus directed the defendants to file. I think that suggest standing.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

I think this type of lawsuit requires a response

Dec 9, 2020, 8:36 AM

by defendants. Court will still dismiss.

That's not how it works.***

Dec 9, 2020, 8:43 AM [ in reply to If Texas didn't have standing the SCOTUS would have... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

The 9-0 decision in PA yesterday was also "on the docket"

Dec 9, 2020, 9:19 AM [ in reply to If Texas didn't have standing the SCOTUS would have... ]

But feel free to get your hopes up down 56-7 with no time on the clock and the other teams walk-ons are driving on your defense.

Not true...

Dec 9, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to If Texas didn't have standing the SCOTUS would have... ]

the case that they dismissed yesterday was docketed and responses were solicited.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So how'd that go***

Dec 11, 2020, 7:31 PM [ in reply to If Texas didn't have standing the SCOTUS would have... ]

They won't.***

Dec 9, 2020, 8:07 AM

Worked well for you yesterday. Better luck in 2024***

Dec 9, 2020, 8:22 AM

Dec 9, 2020, 8:38 AM

Anons and new friends WE must join TOGETHER to tell the TRUTH. WE are fighting a MONSTER of Darnkess who knows nothing but LIES.

#Darnkess

https://abcu8.co/about-abcu8/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

OMgoodness, what have I fallen into?

Dec 9, 2020, 8:43 AM

That doesn't dismiss what Jay said or the facts of this case. Shooting the messenger or dismissing evidence by denial or just plain ignoring it won't work this time.

Nice try, perhaps you might find where PBS covered the President's lawyer's statement or isn't that news or doesn't matter to PBS?

Wait, hole up. Is there some connection or crossover

Dec 9, 2020, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I think the SCOTUS is going to hear this case. ]

between Qanon, and Anonymous, the hacker group that was around long before Q? Seems both of those are referenced in...whatever that was you posted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you guys are going to go family style on me...

Dec 9, 2020, 9:16 AM

I want safety equipment and PPE.

There's no way. Most hackers are anarchists.

Dec 9, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Wait, hole up. Is there some connection or crossover ]

They wouldn't stoop so low as to associate themselves with American Republicans.

Dec 9, 2020, 8:43 AM

I think they will hear the case, but in the end the Supreme Court WILL NOT rule in a fashion that overturns the results of any state's election vote count, even if they believe the vote count is tainted by fraud or late (and unConstitutional) rule changes.

They will not do this because there are other Constitutional remedies to allow the individual state legislatures (and ultimately the U.S. House of Representatives) to determine the outcome via a contingent election by state delegations in the House.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.

Dec 9, 2020, 8:49 AM

You've no idea how much I appreciate you listing the remedies if the SCOTUS decides for the plaintiffs in this case.

Re: I agree.

Dec 9, 2020, 9:02 AM

He just said they won't side with the plaintiffs. They may hear it, but that's all, at most. It is over 1988. Come back to reality.

The reality is that the SCOTUS is going to hear arguments.

Dec 9, 2020, 9:14 AM

I have made no claims to how this will turn out or be decided. Imo, those who think they know should show some qualifications to support their opinion. I would respect the lunge lawyers' opinion(s) on this if they would be so bold as to predict how this will go.

I know just a few days ago Catahoula was willing to place a bet that the SCOTUS wouldn't hear a case on this. I wouldn't bet one way or the other due to the history of SCOTUS decisions and the foolishness of people claiming one way or the other.

Re: The reality is that the SCOTUS is going to hear arguments.

Dec 9, 2020, 9:23 AM

Hearing it wouldn't surprise me a bit. I don't think they will, but that could happen. The end result will be the same either way though. Trump will be on to his next endeavor.

Did your father ever tell you that you were...

Dec 9, 2020, 9:30 AM

not a knucklehead? Surely you figured out why by now.

Re: Did your father ever tell you that you were...

Dec 9, 2020, 9:33 AM

Hey bud, I am not the one who still thinks Trump has a chance. My Dad never called me that, but seems like you have some familiarity with it. Hmmm I am sorry you went through that. Dads should be supportive.

I'm a knucklehead.

Dec 9, 2020, 10:16 AM

That might be the one think I say which we agree on.

I'm honestly embarrassed for you at this point***

Dec 9, 2020, 9:05 AM

I have little respect for your opinion anymore.

Dec 9, 2020, 9:27 AM

I still remember when I referred to UGA as 'UGAy,' in the mange and you presented that I offended you. Many here will tell you that I'm quick to admit I'm wrong when it's clear that I'm wrong and have no reservations for posting sincere apologies while asking forgiveness while doing so. I put honest effort in not repeating the offense.

I remember posting such admission of guilt for offending you and sincerely asking you for your forgiveness and the forgiveness of others who I may have been offended. Never since have I used that term because I felt that if it offended I would restrain myself even though my offensive use was directed at dog fans and not homosexuals. I am also one of the few conservatives who support homosexual marriage and have not wavered from that position.

I also remember that post going ignored by you and supposed you seek to more to be offended than setting things right between Clemson brothers. You seem to delight in a driveby hit on someone who has a gay daughter and a gay granddaughter and sincerely tries to be sensitive to feelings.

So no, I really don't give a chit about your opinion because you are clearly a nefarious element within the Clemson family and you'd do well not to give me another chance to expose your spiteful deceit.

Lol I asked for this board to be above homophobic slurs

Dec 9, 2020, 9:34 AM

Guess it was too much to ask for Republicans. Amazing that an offhand request years ago is still somehow all you remember about me.

I'm sorry I 'spurned' your heartfelt apology. I wasn't asking for one. Silly homophobic jokes don't offend me - I've been through a lot worse.

We aren't 'Clemson brothers'. I have no relationship to you, nor do I want to.

None of that has anything to do with how embarrassing this post is.

"Stop the Squeal"***

Dec 9, 2020, 9:33 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 10:05 AM

If we put all of your bad thoughts in a giant dumpster, that thing would still be overflowing.

Dec 9, 2020, 10:24 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wishful Thinking

Dec 9, 2020, 10:28 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWKucFJp0KA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 11:59 AM

That's not going to happen, it's an absurd lawsuit brought by the Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton who is, significantly, under indictment for Securities Fraud. It's his 2nd time and faces up to 99 years in prison.

If you want a pardon from Trump, which Paxton does, you have to get Trump's attention. That is the basis for this lawsuit. SCOTUS won't touch it. The suit has no basis in law.

“Indicted Attorney General Ken Paxton is setting taxpayer dollars on fire with his frivolous lawsuit meant to undermine the results of a democratic election,” said Ed Espinoza, executive director at Progress Texas. “Paxton’s legal stunt should be questioned intensely. The Attorney General is currently under indictment for fraud and is under FBI investigation for bribery — if it is the case that he is seeking a pardon from Trump in exchange for this lawsuit, that in itself would be a felony.”

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2020/12/08/in-latest-partisan-move-texas-ag-ken-paxton-sues-to-overturn-trumps-election-loss

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 1:41 PM

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic