Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
at this point, when Dabo tells us something
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

at this point, when Dabo tells us something

Nov 8, 2014, 2:06 AM

do we just assume the opposite is true?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: at this point, when Dabo tells us something

Nov 8, 2014, 2:19 AM

I've been wondering the same thing. This whole season I've felt like he has been a little deceitful. No QB controversy and got defensive when asked to a QB change by the 3rd game. Every week Peake is ready and getting better. Dye is ready for two weeks, then he finally plays in mop up duty against Wake. I understand this one more than others. Watson will play if we need him to win. We needed him big! I told a friend that we should've put him in and scored a couple of quick TDs and got us some breathing room.

Also, at the end of the game when we had the ball and dye was in, all we were doing was managing the clock. We weren't trying to score. I feel like the pass was just to try and get Cole a 300 yard game. Then Dabo in the press conference said he wished we could've put it across the goal line one more time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think most of this has to do with mentality

Nov 8, 2014, 8:32 AM

Physically, Stoudt has some tools better than Watson. He CAN throw the ball for 50 yards. He CAN act like a battering ram better than DW. The problem is he is no where close to Watson between the ears.

I am guessing here, but it sounds like all the players are ready to go physically. I have a first hand experience with this as I had an injury in high school athletics. I snapped my ankle during a wrestling practice. It took 2 months for the injury to fully heal, but I could never get back on the mat without hesitation. I was no longer any good, even though my injury was healed. Some people can pay through pain, some can't, I couldn't so I can't blame the young men for not being able to either.

Stoudt can throw 50 yards? He sure hasn't put that

Nov 8, 2014, 11:37 AM

ability to use - he's the worst deep ball thrower we've had at Clemson since... Proctor?

The Dye thing was handled correctly. You don't put him in

Nov 8, 2014, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: at this point, when Dabo tells us something ]

for his first carry in 2 years during a 1 TD game. I'm also fine with coaches playing some games regarding injuries.

The Watson vs Stoudt thing... who knows? It's hard to say Watson should've started @UGA, but i think he looked good enough when he went in to warrant more PT when the offense couldn't do anything in the 2nd half. Would've liked to have seen him more in the SC ST game too. By FSU i think pretty much everyone in the world thought he should be starting except the coaching staff.

I am a huge fan of Dabo's, but I have to admit at this

Nov 8, 2014, 2:31 AM

point what he says is meaningless.

"What do you want me to say, Ron?"***

Nov 8, 2014, 4:08 AM

T-I-P, here's how I've handled those things over the past

Nov 8, 2014, 5:06 AM

50 years:

When any coach speaks, I let most of what they say go in one ear and out the other, for most all have a way of using sleight-of-hand via words. Military commanders do the same thing. So do smart business leaders. Why?

Because they want to retain a certain amount of mystery to their programs...that is, revealing a little, disguising a lot in order to keep other leaders from "game-planning" them too much.

Additionally, situations change rapidly in most all endeavors. I learned this at Clemson, as a military commander and as a business owner. Thus, you have to guard what you say and remain flexible enough to alter plans based upon situations.

You're a smart fellow....Think about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You Mean something like a $Million producing Used Car

Nov 8, 2014, 7:16 AM

Salesperson?

I've been a salesperson for over 40 years. In fact my

Nov 8, 2014, 7:23 AM

own business involved selling.

All head coaches are supposed to be salespersons, and if they've had experience selling cars, then more power to them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope your selling didn't include Stretching the truth***

Nov 8, 2014, 7:25 AM

Anyone remember when Dabo said...

Nov 8, 2014, 7:30 AM

Back in 2009 that only 10 NFL quarterbacks who throw the football as well as Tigers freshman Kyle Parker.

Re: Anyone remember when Dabo said...

Nov 8, 2014, 8:12 AM

Or there were 3 NFL QB's on this team 8 months ago?

LOL.......All good salespeople stretch the truth, most of

Nov 8, 2014, 7:32 AM [ in reply to I hope your selling didn't include Stretching the truth*** ]

the time.

They wouldn't be worth a d@mn, if they didn't.

"Biggest sale of the year!" "Nobody beats our prices!" "Final markdowns!" "None made any finer!" A few of the oft used, highly-debatable claims made by many, believed by some and scorned by a few in the business we call "selling."

Football is no different. The more successful coaches always employ sleight-of-hand. That's why I originally posted that much of what any of them say is best regarded lightly.

I think the Next New Springs Sermon should be about

Nov 8, 2014, 7:41 AM

lying. Would Jesus lie for ANY reason. I don't think so!

Re: I think the Next New Springs Sermon should be about

Nov 8, 2014, 7:44 AM

Was Jesus a salesman ?
Coots is dumb.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

LOL....Well, in that case they'd have a line stretching from

Nov 8, 2014, 7:45 AM [ in reply to I think the Next New Springs Sermon should be about ]

here to the west coast, for all of us would need to join in the chorus of the d@mned!

Textbook example of ironical - leadcoot talking about lying.

Nov 8, 2014, 7:47 AM

Classic !!!

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

would Jesus give up a 2 TD lead in the 4th? Three times? To

Nov 8, 2014, 8:27 AM [ in reply to I think the Next New Springs Sermon should be about ]

unranked opponents? At home?

Why, yes. Yes he would. He's a giver like that.

He just wouldn't do it while drunk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I hope your selling didn't include Stretching the truth***

Nov 8, 2014, 9:38 AM [ in reply to I hope your selling didn't include Stretching the truth*** ]

Tiger jack you lie EVERY time you get in here and pose as a Tiger fan. Why would you feel you have a voice in a discussion regarding truth?

Re: I've been a salesperson for over 40 years. In fact my

Nov 8, 2014, 7:34 AM [ in reply to I've been a salesperson for over 40 years. In fact my ]

These few morons on here are idiots!
By the way did I mention they were idiots?

Re: I've been a salesperson for over 40 years. In fact my

Nov 8, 2014, 9:30 AM [ in reply to I've been a salesperson for over 40 years. In fact my ]

What about Real Estate?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hartins, I swear - you're good. You are spot on! All I

Nov 8, 2014, 7:36 AM [ in reply to T-I-P, here's how I've handled those things over the past ]

wanted to post in response to just the TIP was:

Pretty much the same as the majority of the crap you post, we don't pay much attention to it.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Vince Dooley - " there is no way Herschel will be able to ..

Nov 8, 2014, 8:24 AM

play Saturday. His hand has just not sufficiently healed". About 180 yards later, it was obvious his hand was a little better than a coach Dooley thought. Can't remember which team it was against - not us!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: T-I-P, here's how I've handled those things over the past

Nov 8, 2014, 7:37 AM [ in reply to T-I-P, here's how I've handled those things over the past ]

lie you mean!

Geeeezzzzz - out in full force this morning.

Nov 8, 2014, 7:39 AM

Total Morans Brigade - reporting for dooty !!!

LOL....You call it lying; I call it sleight-of-hand via

Nov 8, 2014, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: T-I-P, here's how I've handled those things over the past ]

truth-stretching, which to me is less harsh and not so condemning.

Even ole Bear Bryant, Frank Howard and Danny Ford were masters of the art. So is Steve Spurrier.

Nov 8, 2014, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: T-I-P, here's how I've handled those things over the past ]

Does the head coach of your favorite school, Coot U tell any lies? Jw

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2014, 10:12 AM [ in reply to T-I-P, here's how I've handled those things over the past ]

"Truth is so precious it must be surrounded by a body guard of lies". Quote from Winston Churchill during WWII. That's kinda the way I look at it.

I understand where your coming from but

Nov 8, 2014, 5:30 AM

Maybe we don't know all of the details. Maybe Dabo was going to play Watson if Cole got hurt but didn't for other reasons. Watson could of some how reinjured his hand during warmups or practice but Dabo didn't want to mention that. I saw a pic of Watson's hand and it did look really swollen. Watson may not be ready to go out there just yet

so is Carolina really in Chapel Hill? Gotta know.***

Nov 8, 2014, 7:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: so is Carolina really in Chapel Hill? Gotta know.***

Nov 8, 2014, 7:12 AM

No , he misspoke about that little detail also. UNCheat is in Chapel Hill .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I rarely read/listen to Dabo's pre-game comments***

Nov 8, 2014, 7:22 AM

Re: at this point, when Dabo tells us something

Nov 8, 2014, 8:28 AM

Replace the name Dabo with the name of ANY head coach in America.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is a very optimistic

Nov 8, 2014, 9:45 AM

And confident personality and he shows this more than ever when talking about the return of injured players. I don't think anyone wants his guys back and healthy more than dabo. I don't think for a moment dabo is intentionally trying to mislead fans about players being recovered when they really are not, it is just his personality to be confident about their return.

The good thing about dabo is even though he may say a player is healthy when clearly they are not is I have never seen him actually play someone coming back from an injury that once they got on the field, looked like they should have been kept out because they were still injured.

It is frustrating as a fan when he says something DW will play if he need him to win then find out schussler was going in but I would rather have someone who is confident and optimistic rather can a coach who is consistently negative and contrary.

Overall though when dabo says a player is good to go, extend that by a week or possibly two before that player actually sees the field.

Nothing he's said has been incorrect

Nov 8, 2014, 11:27 AM

Fans have just twisted what he's said to fit what they want to hear. He never said that Watson would play in this game, and in fact Watson was listed as "questionable" and Swinney said he didn't want to play him. Fans, however, decided to play dumb about Swinney saying Watson was "ready" instead of interpreting that in the light of other comments: clearly, it was the case that Watson could've played, but the coaches still thought it was too soon to cut him loose.

It is possible he re-injured hand after Dabo's statement?***

Nov 8, 2014, 11:31 AM

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic