Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on the ACCCG?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 379

Thoughts on the ACCCG?

Dec 18, 2020, 12:44 PM

Obvi, APM hopes Clemson beats the Domers. Given that our guys SHOULD have won in regulation up there with a depleted squad, APM is not too worried about the game. Despite their ranking and their wins, APM still is not convinced ND is really THAT good. If they play Alabama, Bama will kill them.

That said, it's 2020, and whatever happens happens. The only game APM allowed himself to get excited about (FSU) was forfeited. Once bitten twice shy. APM will tune in, no doubt. But not getting too excited about it, not making it an event.

Where y'all at with this one?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

about the same honestly

Dec 18, 2020, 12:45 PM

this season has been strange for multiple reasons. I hope we win as you said, but it won't bother me as much this year as it would in the past if we don't. Is what it is at this point for me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that being said...Bama is going to go in dry against anyone

Dec 18, 2020, 12:48 PM

they play so I don't think it really matters who is in the playoff with them. They will beat ND, Clemson, Florida, OSU by 14+. They are pretty much unbeatable right now.

I'm no expert on Bama, but Lane Kiffin did put

Dec 18, 2020, 12:58 PM

650yds and 48 pts up against them. Heck, even an anemic TN offense had 300yds. AU had plenty of chances to make it a tight game with them, but they self-inflicted wounded themselves to death. I'm not entirely sold on Bama being the Darth Saban variety team this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I didn't ask you did I? So......

Dec 18, 2020, 1:04 PM

JK...I get that, but Bama just always seems to get it done for some reason. And they normally don't play down to their competition like we seem to do at times. Def not like we used to woth Bowden, but sometimes it is clear that the team overlooks underdogs.

lol that exact thing was said about 2018 bammer

Dec 18, 2020, 1:08 PM [ in reply to that being said...Bama is going to go in dry against anyone ]

we can beat them

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Talking heads were saying Bama's defense was the best ever

Dec 18, 2020, 1:54 PM

and possibly the best overall team ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on the ACCCG?

Dec 18, 2020, 12:48 PM

IAN BOOK, RON ZOOKCAPTAIN HOOK,

Dec 18, 2020, 1:23 PM
CLEMSON nd.jpg(82.9 K)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I stealed this and used it on buddybook***

Dec 18, 2020, 3:48 PM

WE GON WIN

Dec 18, 2020, 12:49 PM

If not, it's 2020 so I wouldn't hate it for Clemson because 2020.

BUT IT WOULD SUCK FOR THOSE COCKY SMUG BASTERDS TO DROP BY THE ACC FOR 1 YEAR AND TAKE HOME A TROPHY SO HELL NO.

we will have a mostly healthy defense

Dec 18, 2020, 1:02 PM

Trevor will create some runs with the RPOs

Etienne won't give them a scoop and score

Tigers win by double digits

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I think double digits too. The line just isn't right.......

Dec 18, 2020, 5:31 PM

I'll take 1 point though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think our offensive efficiency improves with Trevor and

Dec 18, 2020, 1:37 PM

hopefully a healthy Ladson and Dixon and theirs regresses with our 3 defensive starters back and their center out which leads to more at bats for us and fewer for them. Also, our increased functional depth on defense will allow a 4 man front and pressure with our front four allowing our linebackers to run free and make tackles. More tackles from our front seven means fewer tackles from our secondary and fewer nicks dings and injuries during the game and a better performance late in the game.

Tigers win by 10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From your lips to God's ears. Honestly, two things keep me

Dec 18, 2020, 3:44 PM

from betting any money on this.

Defensively, the things that hurt us last time are still there. Book had acres of green grass in front of him all night and linebacker play seemed to be a weakness. Getting Skalski back will help, but who is betting on his health? Davis will help, but we didn't lose the game there. We'll be better defensively, but I would be surprised if its night and day.

Offensively, I can't see how we're going to improve on the 1 yard per carry we got last time. In the end that lost the game for us - we got over 400 yards passing, so how many do we need to win? - and it will be an issue tomorrow.

I don't think that means we'll lose. I think we'll win. I'm just saying that people who think last time was anomaly and that "the real Clemson" is going to blow out ND this time are expecting different things to happen with the same players. We're a very good team. So is ND.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Book is a Conner Shaw clone

Dec 18, 2020, 3:52 PM

something about slow white quarterbacks gives us problems.

If we can get some pressure on him and not let him get those easy yards, I will be happy.

I am officially concerned he will still get his short runs for first downs and keep our offense off the field and when we get the ball, we will feel pressure to make things happen and TL will not look as good as DJU did and I am afraid it is going to be a close close game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And then add that he's not really slow - he's at least quick

Dec 18, 2020, 4:45 PM

and elusive - and he's a handful. I know we have 5 star all world defensive ends, but he ran past and threw over them all night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 379
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic