Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think it's time we face the facts about next year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

I think it's time we face the facts about next year

Feb 3, 2017, 1:27 PM

Our D is young and loaded with talent. For the first time in a few years, we don't have to reload on D. The last time we didn't have to reload on D was 2014, and that group did alright,

On O we have a ton of skill on the outside, and if Bryant or Cooper turns out to be the real deal, we have a great chance to get back to the playoffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it's time we face the facts about next year

Feb 3, 2017, 1:33 PM

Yes all we need is consistent QB play. Its going to be hard to replace DW but looking back at our games he only hit the deep ball about 10% of the time. If we can get someone who can hit those like TB we will be in good shape.

Feb 3, 2017, 1:38 PM

I value decision making more

Decision making is important but....

Feb 3, 2017, 1:56 PM

... the competition in the spring will also show us who performs best under pressure.
The young talent that replaces DW4 will know that he has big shoes to fill, so level-headedness under pressure while making good decisions will be key.
The winner coming out of such a group of loaded talent will indeed be a great QB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2017, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I think it's time we face the facts about next year ]

I thought Gallman was an absolute HERO all year. His presence forced the opposition to respect the run. Whether he got yards or not, he punished defenses for trying to stop him. Can't replace him, be we must have something similar from someone.

Gallman was the best back in pass protection I've ever seen

Feb 3, 2017, 2:20 PM

Feaster, Fuller, or whoever is back there needs to be willing to lay the wood on blitzing LBs like the Train did.

Feb 3, 2017, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I think it's time we face the facts about next year ]

Gallman did something nobody has mentioned. His protection blocking was critical in allowing Watson time to deliver. Who ever is our main back is going to have big shoes to fill.
An overall record of 10-2 or 11-1 regular season is entirely possible, but so is 9-3. We have our work cut out because we will get the best shot of every opponent who would love to beat the defending national champions.

Go Tigers!

Feb 3, 2017, 1:45 PM

We really need Feaster to break out

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Feb 3, 2017, 1:50 PM

I was thinking the same thing. With only having to replace Guillermo on the line we should get a pretty good push up front to get out RB's in space a little better than the last couple of years. Many think the we will fall off because of the departure of DW4 but I think we will be a better rounded offense this year with a much better defense. The road to the repeat starts in 211 days. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it started yesterday***

Feb 3, 2017, 1:52 PM

agreed

Feb 3, 2017, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I think it's time we face the facts about next year ]

most definitely need to take some heat off the QB.

It would helpful if the new TE could block as well...

just a thought.

I'm more concerned about finding a TE who can catch as well as Leggett

Feb 3, 2017, 8:01 PM

His blocking was so so......
Any blocking we get from a new TE is an improvement most likely.

It's his catching that we will miss....

Feb 3, 2017, 2:07 PM

Can't wait to see Tee explode and just dominate. I agree with Trey 92. Good decisions and reading the D. Would have been nice to have Tee and/or amari in early so they could start repping with the qb 's.

That may take the longest time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was with you right up to "get back to the playoff" ...

Feb 3, 2017, 2:17 PM

I'll settle for winning the Division and an ACCCG appearance.

Best O-Line and best D-Line in CFB. Easily can get back

Feb 3, 2017, 2:32 PM

with some good QB play

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

best O-Line?

Feb 3, 2017, 4:17 PM

we likely won't be the best Line in our ACC division.

"experienced" does not equal "best" -

they're two different things.

for instance, in the 2015 Natty Clemson had 145 yards rushing and only 2 sacks.

in the 2016 Natty, Clemson had 91 yards rushing and 4 sacks -

and the Bama D-Line was better and deeper in 2015.

people need to stop spiking their orange Kool-aid...

Re: best O-Line?

Feb 3, 2017, 4:21 PM

I could have sworn this year's Bama D was considered their best up-front ever?

And who's line will be better in our division? FSU and Louisville's lines both were getting their QB killed most of the year, and the other teams really don't matter.

Re: best O-Line?

Feb 3, 2017, 4:27 PM

Alabamas Defense is always the best ever until they face a hunh team. Then they are gasping for air and can't walk for three days afterward they are so tired

...and Bama LOST. Who was better?***

Feb 3, 2017, 4:27 PM [ in reply to best O-Line? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my point was that we had a better O-Line in 2015 than 2016

Feb 3, 2017, 4:41 PM

had nothing to do with Bama...

nothing at all.

Re: my point was that we had a better O-Line in 2015 than 2016

Feb 3, 2017, 5:22 PM

Our O-line was also more experienced in 2015, which contradicts your original point.

Re: my point was that we had a better O-Line in 2015 than 2016

Feb 3, 2017, 10:28 PM [ in reply to my point was that we had a better O-Line in 2015 than 2016 ]

I agree 15 line was a good bit better than the 16 version. Running game was amazing all year in 15 not just vs bama. I hope we can get to that level again next year. It will take a lot of pressure off our new qb.

I'll settle for another National Championship

Feb 3, 2017, 3:37 PM [ in reply to I was with you right up to "get back to the playoff" ... ]

What do you think the players and the coaches think?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please, please don't tell the coaches and players there is

Feb 3, 2017, 4:04 PM [ in reply to I was with you right up to "get back to the playoff" ... ]

no chance! LOL!

WTH -- if we get back to the ACCCG

Feb 3, 2017, 4:38 PM [ in reply to I was with you right up to "get back to the playoff" ... ]

Then we've beaten Louisville and Fla.St. in our division already - or at least some combination of it. If we're in the ACCCG, who in the coastal can beat us?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: I was with you right up to "get back to the playoff" ...

Feb 3, 2017, 8:03 PM [ in reply to I was with you right up to "get back to the playoff" ... ]

So you'd settle for losing an ACC Championship to an inferior team?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 3, 2017, 2:42 PM

Until proven otherwise "On the Field of Play" I wholeheartedly believe Clemson will once again be in the playoffs. I'm concerned about who is taking the reigns of course, but I also see whomever it is has a lot of skill talent surrounding them. If we have a qb who can manage the game, we will be in great shape.
GO TIGERS!!!

Bill Connelly just released his 2017 S&P projections today

Feb 3, 2017, 2:51 PM

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/2/3/14496224/2017-college-football-rankings-projections

We are 6th and very much within striking distance of a playoff spot. Our projected S&P margin of +22.3 is about 4.5 points lower than last year primarily due to losing the majority of our offensive production, but it's still in the range that #3-4 seeds in the playoffs have had over the 3 years. Our main competition, FSU, is a few points ahead at +25.7, but given the fact that they have to play us in DV, that's almost a dead heat.

FYI here are some of the average S&P margins from the 3 years of the playoff:

National champion - 27.0
Runner up - 27.2
#1 seed - 28.7
#2 seed - 25.1
#3 seed - 17.8 (2014 FSU and 2015 MSU really skew this downward. Neither team was really playoff caliber but both managed to fluke their way in. Not coincidentally, both teams got blown out.)
#4 seed - 22.9

Re: Bill Connelly just released his 2017 S&P projections today

Feb 3, 2017, 3:34 PM

Nice

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

How did Scar get 11th

Feb 3, 2017, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Bill Connelly just released his 2017 S&P projections today ]

in the SEC? No way should they be ahead of Kentucky.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His recruiting class logic is full of carp...***

Feb 3, 2017, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Bill Connelly just released his 2017 S&P projections today ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's your beef with it?***

Feb 3, 2017, 7:51 PM

Agreed. Need a RB to step up too.***

Feb 3, 2017, 3:36 PM

Re: Agreed. Need a RB to step up too.***

Feb 3, 2017, 11:35 PM

In Dabo I trust .

Replies: 33
| visibility 1