Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finebaum was Cracking on Clemson Yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 2,151

Finebaum was Cracking on Clemson Yesterday

Dec 4, 2013, 11:02 AM

He said the ACC was awful and FSU has played nobody. He laughed when he mentioned their win over Clemson and said commented on dabo's pitiful performance against Spurrier as to how good we are.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finebaum was Cracking on Clemson Yesterday

Dec 4, 2013, 11:04 AM

I hate Finebaum but the only way to stop this is win. Ga game shut him up for a while but he is always looking for the openings we dutifully give him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep....

Dec 4, 2013, 11:10 AM

AND people think one game like that will stop it. They even think throwing the LSU win in there would stop it.

It has to be consistent and THAT is another huge reason, even bigger than bragging rights, that we have to beat South Carolina.

Nobody is impressed with beating the ACC outside of Clemson. I will say I can see the improvement because not only did we beat them, but we beat them handily. BUT, when 95% of sports writers are wearing SEC athletic supporters on their head, the only way to shut them up is to beat them.

It's hard for people to understand, but we don't get credibility by beating them once or twice. Any reputation we build is quickly lost every year in that last game. It's about SO MUCH more than bragging rights now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and?***

Dec 4, 2013, 11:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two things: one good and one bad

Dec 4, 2013, 11:05 AM

The bad thing is he's right (until we prove otherwise).

The good thing is none of us are that miserable, squeaky excuse for a sportwriter named Paul Finebaum.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two things: one good and one bad

Dec 4, 2013, 11:39 AM

> The bad thing is he's right (until we prove
> otherwise).
>
> The good thing is none of us are that miserable,
> squeaky excuse for a sportwriter named Paul Finebaum.

Or that UGLY!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he even tries to hide his SEC bias.***

Dec 4, 2013, 11:05 AM

hes a punk, but he is right until we prove it....***

Dec 4, 2013, 11:06 AM

Re: I don't think he even tries to hide his SEC bias.

Dec 4, 2013, 11:07 AM [ in reply to I don't think he even tries to hide his SEC bias.*** ]

NO and he gets away with his love affair for which ever SEC team is hot with impunity. that is what I dont get. no one ever calls him out for it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's pissed off Auburn won.

It's made him look like the biggest idiot on his show.

Finebaum is just a short, bald, jealous little guy who is angry that his Auburn War Eagle Tigers will still have no shot at a title even after tackling Bama. Football doesn't exist outside of his own state according to him.

Dec 4, 2013, 11:08 AM

you left out ugly, well ok, very ugly actually

I think he lives in Charlotte now since he will be the

Dec 4, 2013, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Finebaum was Cracking on Clemson Yesterday ]

frontman for the SEC network.

you disagree with this?***

Dec 4, 2013, 11:10 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Between the Ga game and the FSU game

Dec 4, 2013, 11:13 AM

I heard him several times say that Clemson had a better chance at a national title run than Fl State. He is one of the many like Herbstreit and others that jumped off the bandwagon all were riding after we beat Georgia and then Ga beat Usuc the next week.
I can't stand Finnebaum but until we don't disappoint on the big stage..we will hear this crap.
Choice is just tune it out...or win...or both.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is that a crack? Sounds about right to me.***

Dec 4, 2013, 11:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re:Gotta agree with this. Those comments were accurate***

Dec 4, 2013, 11:20 AM

He is also one of the morons who said....

Dec 4, 2013, 11:19 AM

Alabama's fluke loss to Auburn is irrelevant, should be disregarded, and Alabama should still play for the National Championship because bama has proven over the last few years that they are clearly the best team in the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It's also HOW you lose - we looked terrible against.......

Dec 4, 2013, 11:22 AM

FSU and screwed up against South Carolina - playing your best and losing is one thing but the way we've lost this season is something else.

Paul Crack Clemson..

Dec 4, 2013, 11:22 AM

and I don't care.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

i see what you did there***

Dec 4, 2013, 11:23 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

You're a bright one, young Jimmy***

Dec 4, 2013, 11:26 AM

I saw it too

Dec 4, 2013, 11:45 AM [ in reply to i see what you did there*** ]

and it wasn't the least bit humorous or entertaining. I give it a 1 out of 10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It wasn't meant to be humorous or entertaining...

Dec 4, 2013, 11:47 AM

that might get me a Crump mail.

Well, he's not wrong.***

Dec 4, 2013, 11:24 AM

Finebaum also said Missouri had no place in the SEC and...

Dec 4, 2013, 11:42 AM

would get killed. Actually he pretty much said the same about A&M. He's the king of the over statement, and honestly not that good.

Who gives 2 S*#$$&!s what he thinks ?***

Dec 4, 2013, 11:54 AM

He's an SEC homer that ALWAYS bashes whoever is down...

Dec 4, 2013, 11:57 AM

...but he is truthful, and that's what stings.

(I'll say the most infuriating thing about him is his inability to properly pronounce the name of our school: "CLEM-ZIN".)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my guess is Finebaum probably didn't watch that game...

Dec 4, 2013, 12:11 PM

Nor did he watch much of Clemson against Georgia, who should've beaten Auburn. These guys like Finebaum will go out of their way to ignore anything that doesn't fit their narrative, which apparently right now is that Auburn IS THE BEST TEAM EVAR and that Alabama IS THE BEST TEAM EVAR, ALSO.

Even cracked harder on SCar's schedule and performance***

Dec 4, 2013, 12:34 PM

Finebaum is just grieving over his boys losing to Auburn

Dec 4, 2013, 12:46 PM

I'm sure he didn't give us much of a chance vs LSU last year either

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 2,151
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic