Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who Remembers This "Dabo" Moment In His Interim Year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Who Remembers This "Dabo" Moment In His Interim Year?

Sep 21, 2018, 9:46 AM

I have been debating FSU fans about the fact the Boxcar Willie Taggart may not be the right man and the school doesn't need 3 years to determine if he is the right man.

Here is a post I made comparing a moment in Dabo's interim year at the Gator Bowl that I felt was a meaningful event on a national stage. I don't know if it was shown on TV and those fans that were their like me I would appreciate your input:

"....I still remember the attending the Gator Bowl in Dabo’s interim year and are reminded of an event that I don’t know if it was shown on TV. At the end of a play, a lineman (I think an offensive player) trotted off the field in a manner in which Dabo did not show a sense of urgency and Dabo turned his ### around and made him run back to the huddle and the sprint back to the sideline…The Clemson fans went crazy with seeing a coach run his ship….."

FSU fans have no clue how to deal with this level of adversity..It's a real train wreck...LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

I hope Taggart is at FSU for a long time ...

Sep 21, 2018, 9:51 AM

Clemson will string together Atlantic Division crowns the likes of which have never been seen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he is there for 2-3 years so that they can repeat

Sep 21, 2018, 9:57 AM

with another horrible hire that they have to keep 3-4 years then they will be the FSU of the 60's

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope he is there for 2-3 years so that they can repeat

Sep 21, 2018, 3:42 PM

Willie is the perfect hire for FSU. Please encourage them to keep him. If they fired him, they might hire a good coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope he is there for 2-3 years so that they can repeat

Sep 21, 2018, 5:14 PM [ in reply to I hope he is there for 2-3 years so that they can repeat ]

Incompetent AD + bad coaching hires + impatient fanbase/donors is what put the Kansas football program in its current position. They went from winning a BCS bowl to one/two win seasons in five years. I don't know if this will happen at FSU, but I wouldn't be surprised. They're lost without Bowden and Fisher.

Re: Who Remembers This "Dabo" Moment In His Interim Year?

Sep 21, 2018, 9:51 AM

Yes - I remember it vividly. I thought it was extremely odd at the time, and probably embarrassed the guy, but long-term I guess it showed Dabo's attention to detail. But yes - when Dabo did that, I thought he was a bit extreme and should have handled it differently without embarrassing the guy. JMO.

Sep 21, 2018, 10:02 AM

We've all seen Dabo coach enough now to realize he probably had many conversations with the team about giving their all. When he saw that player not giving his all he did what Dabo does. He had to get his players to buy into what he was attempting to do and I know that Tajh Boyd said that in the first few years not all the players were bought into the team being champions. Even players from his class were not "ALL IN". Just watch the team now. Is there anyone that isn't "ALL IN" if there is they won't be around very long. It may have been embarrassing but that player either had a lot more respect for Dabo or was never really "ALL IN". I thing that's one of the reasons for the higher than normal transfers. I know some like Hunter Johnson saw the writing on the wall that he wouldn't be playing much after the spring Trevor had and without ever starting he would be done after Clemson and he still has dreams of making it in the NFL. Only time will tell. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Who Remembers This "Dabo" Moment In His Interim Year? ]

Yes - I remember it vividly. I thought it was extremely odd at the time, and probably embarrassed the guy, but long-term I guess it showed Dabo's attention to detail. But yes - when Dabo did that, I thought he was a bit extreme and should have handled it differently without embarrassing the guy. JMO.

I'm guessing you never played a sport or coached. That's how u get your team's attention.

Sep 21, 2018, 3:13 PM

I'm 68 and played sports all my life. I played yesterday in a tennis group (I know, you don't consider that a sport because you're all tough and stuff). I also ride motorcycles, which some might not consider much of a sport, but the way I ride might be. :) You sound like a loser to me.

You are pretty right about me not actually coaching, other than my softball team about 40 years ago, but no football coaching except on t-net.

Sounds like you know so much about coaching, so where did you coach and what sport(s)?

It wasn't about that one player, it was about the entire

Sep 21, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Who Remembers This "Dabo" Moment In His Interim Year? ]

program. Every detail matters and the players had to buy in and take pride in ever single thing they do for their team. You think the next guy coming off the field was lazy about it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 21, 2018, 9:55 AM

I think he did that in a regular season game once too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he did it to the kicker in his first game as interim

Sep 21, 2018, 1:05 PM

I think it was Georgia Tech

Re: I think he did it to the kicker in his first game as interim

Sep 21, 2018, 2:41 PM

It was the punter

Yup. Loved it. It was goofy, but loved it.***

Sep 21, 2018, 8:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 7:39 PM [ in reply to I think he did it to the kicker in his first game as interim ]

Buffalo Creek Tigers you are absolutely correct. I drove down with ny son for the GT game and loved seeing him take charge like that. Told my son then that he was the real deal and wasn't going to put up with laziness. Glad he is the coach and not some lame duck like the coots have.

Sep 21, 2018, 7:49 PM [ in reply to I think he did it to the kicker in his first game as interim ]

yes, it was his first game against GT...the punter

Sep 21, 2018, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Who Remembers This "Dabo" Moment In His Interim Year? ]

Danny sent Donald "Iggy" back to the locker room to don the TEAM socks when he came out in some "Wilder" tubes...LOL...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 9:57 AM

that paragraph is one of the most poorly written examples of the english language that I've ever seen.

Some Articles For You To Read..

Sep 21, 2018, 10:02 AM

They seem appropriate:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3515520/Are-grammar-Nazi-Language-pedants-likely-introverted-disagreeable.html

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/news/a43468/stop-pointing-out-typos/

http://time.com/108148/bad-grammar-bad-english/

https://www.sciencealert.com/people-who-pick-up-grammar-mistakes-jerks-scientists-find

https://www.businessinsider.com/people-who-correct-typos-may-be-jerks-study-finds-2016-3

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/like-correcting-people-then-take-up-latin-why-grammar-nazis-arent-just-annoying-theyre-often-wrong

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Some Articles For Your To Read..

Sep 21, 2018, 12:00 PM

you

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

It's official! I am a jerk.***

Sep 21, 2018, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Some Articles For You To Read.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: It's official! I am a jerk.***

Sep 21, 2018, 5:30 PM

Better than being a jerk-off like i have been accused of being...

Sep 21, 2018, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Who Remembers This "Dabo" Moment In His Interim Year? ]

Did you understand it ? Then shut up

Sep 21, 2018, 10:09 AM

That was a kicker and it was home vs gtech

Sep 21, 2018, 1:33 PM

I was about to say I'm pretty #### sure he did this with a kicker.

I'd like to see FSU get back to prominence

Sep 21, 2018, 10:16 AM

Not that I like them - I hate them. Absolutely hate them. Maybe worse than the C*cks. But we need a strong ACC and some great rivalries. The Clemson-FSU game has, until recently, been a great rivalry that always decided the winner of the Atlantic. With Jackson at Louisville, the media all though the Cards would challenge, but they were so enamored with Jackson's hurdle that they missed the ineptitude of the rest of the offense.

One reason Alabama is so highly regarded is the SEC West is highly regarded, whether valid or not. Would be nice for the ACC Atlantic to get good beyond just us and maybe one other team. At this point, the best team we play during the season may be on weekdays during practice rather tha on weekends. Just looks like one of those down years for the conference, or division, anyway.

Re: I'd like to see FSU get back to prominence

Sep 21, 2018, 11:39 AM

I agree with that. We need for the league to be as strong as possible. Most,if not all, conferences have a few very strong teams and the remainder are occasionally good for a short time. The ACC has the potential to be a good as anyone. FSU, Miami, VPI, Louisville,Syracuse, Pitt etc are all big time teams. Personally, I think they are now comparable to the SEC or Big 10 or PAC 10.

True in football and basketball. Agree?

Re: I'd like to see FSU get back to prominence

Sep 21, 2018, 5:35 PM

We don’t need anything except to win

Sep 21, 2018, 10:20 AM

Dabo did the same thing in his very first game at home vs Georgia Tech. I think it was a kicker or punter.

Last week

Sep 21, 2018, 11:31 AM

I had an appointment with my gastro Dr. and he often ask me about the Tigers. Even though he is a tarheel he appears to have a genuine like for Coach Dabo. During my recent visit he reminded me of the ‘scolding’ that Dabo gave the punter in the acc championship game a few years ago. I’m sure that you all remember the situation when the punter decided to run for the first down late in the game rather than punt. Dabos displeasure was certainly displayed on t.v. The Doc knows this kid very well since he was from Winston Salem and told me the kid was a great young man and an excellent Lacross player who could have gone to school anywhere but chose to walk on at a Clemson because he liked the Tigers and Dabo that much. We are fortunate to have all the great resources, including individuals, that makes the Tigers so desirable.

Re: Last week

Sep 21, 2018, 1:36 PM

And dabo let him throw a pass to Wilkins the next game against OU.

GOTTEM

Sep 21, 2018, 10:47 AM

Even though he gives them 'tough love' at times, the players still respect him, they realize it's still love. Many coaches still only spew hate and negative reinforcement.

Sep 21, 2018, 11:06 AM

I remember at Dabo’s very first game against Ga Tech he had the players remain behind the rock with locked arms until the cannon was fired. Tommy B. had allowed the players to start working half way down the hill with lots of antics and it looked “sloppy” to me.
I said right then..”Dabo gets it”.

It was Dawson Zimmerman, and he had a hilarious blog about

Sep 21, 2018, 3:12 PM

I wish I could find that blog. The guy was funny.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Sep 21, 2018, 5:39 PM

It was the punter. Tnet was abuzz with chatter about how we needed to get through the season and hire a big name coach, but for me, that was THE moment that I thought that he got it. He saw CLEMSON football the way I did: play every snap as hard as you can and make no excuses. What I didn’t see was how successful he would be. In my wildest dream I never thought CLEMSON would be an elite team. But here we are. :)

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic