Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think I missed the part where Clemson lost
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

I think I missed the part where Clemson lost

Oct 4, 2020, 8:21 AM

last night. Forgive me if I did. Maybe share a link if you can?

These boards get more spoiled with every game. Drunk on guaranteed wins and unrealistic expectations.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think I missed the part where Clemson lost

Oct 4, 2020, 8:28 AM

Well, we actually won, but we played like a team playing not to lose.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell that to TL ETN Amari and Skalski

Oct 4, 2020, 10:33 AM

Potter and many others

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the bandwagon fans don’t get the perfect game they demand,

Oct 4, 2020, 8:30 AM

It’s a loss.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, and don’t forget the PlayStation All-Americans...

Oct 4, 2020, 8:32 AM

to borrow one from the Bowden years.

Oct 4, 2020, 8:34 AM

Agreed. It is a great day in Tiger football when we can complain about a 41-23 victory.

Overall the team did not play great. That being said the verdict is still out on how good UVA will be. They are a well coached team. Bottom line: played a C to C- performance and still controlled the entire game.

I am a bit concerned about playing the elite at this point with some of the things I saw last night with both lines, LBs, and the Wideouts do not seem to be playing to their full potential at this point.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 8:39 AM

On board with this ‘take’. Good thing we don’t play any proven elite teams for a while.

Exactly

Oct 4, 2020, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: I think I missed the part where Clemson lost ]

To me, the offense looked fine. Some concern on the O line, hopefully that can be cleaned up.
Receivers are fine. You must balance what the defense tries to take away, not just worry about deep threats all the time. It appears Ngata is hurt, expect more throughout the year.

My concern is on defense.
Not much penetration.
Few opportunities for tackles for loss.
Ends allowed runners and flare passes to get outside and burn us.
Did not contain the QB.
Allowed the QB to be comfortable and complete some easy passes after his start.
Did not stuff any runs on short yardage situations. It has been a long time since I saw our d line get pushed around like that. And the linebackers did not fill the gaps and get into backfield.
Linebackers could not contain their running back and qb. We generally have plenty of speed there.

It would be too easy to say that UVA has a wonderful O line. Maybe they do, but we are used to watching the def make adjustments after half and shut them down. This did not happen.

My take - anyway.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly

Oct 4, 2020, 8:50 AM

Careful having an honest take on here....??

Oct 4, 2020, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: I think I missed the part where Clemson lost ]

COTIGER1® said:

Agreed. It is a great day in Tiger football when we can complain about a 41-23 victory.

Overall the team did not play great. That being said the verdict is still out on how good UVA will be. They are a well coached team. Bottom line: played a C to C- performance and still controlled the entire game.

I am a bit concerned about playing the elite at this point with some of the things I saw last night with both lines, LBs, and the Wideouts do not seem to be playing to their full potential at this point.

COTIGER1® said:

I thought Spector added a little something to our receivers and that Ladsen seems to be getting better each game. Trevor was high on some throws to the tight ends but that was caused by the pressure Uva got on him. The D I think will be fine but like you I am a little concerned about Linebacker play and safety play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 9:05 AM

Agreed. I would like to see Amari play the outside some more with Spector in the slot.

Oct 4, 2020, 8:38 AM

Agreed, lots of fans have gotten entitled.

Oct 4, 2020, 8:43 AM

Andrew Booth had one heck of a game, between he and enough we have two legit lock down corners.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 8:44 AM

Lol ‘Enough’ - DK did indeed look really good. He will play in the NFL at some point.

Oct 4, 2020, 8:43 AM

Our ‘close‘ wins and abominable performances against weaker teams has become an 18-point (should have been 24/25 point if you exclude garbage time) margin of victory.

We used to lose games like this about 3-4 years ago. And, now, we are losing the game within the game...

Oct 4, 2020, 8:45 AM

i was glad to see our starters get challenged going into miami. it is easy for a team to become complacent when they are sitting on the sidelines the entire second half.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 10:07 AM

Good point! Maybe a wake up call that appeared at the right time!

Oct 4, 2020, 8:50 AM

Notva loss and not a pretty win but an ugly win is still a win.

I personally don't think its bad that we didn't roll over Virginia. Teaches the young tigers adversity. Teaches them to fight. Although our team has lots to work on I think some positives came out too.

Amari is sure handed and fights for every ball
Spector is becoming a security blanket.
Boothe is a lockdown corner
Ettiene as a receiver is a dangerous threat.
Lawrence is well Lawrence. He's throwing lasers out there.

Yes defensive line needs help and improvements but they are young and I don't recall seeing Davis play last night.

Those of you bitching about this win just....take the win pretty or ugly we have a long ways to go and if that doesn't help just remember then we did survive the Hatfield and West years

It looked like a typical

Oct 4, 2020, 8:58 AM

Third game of the season for Clemson. The calendar says October...the schedule and games played says September. That said, Coach V won't make practice a pleasant experience this week, BUT...the UVA QB being mobile was an excellent primer for Mr. King. Bronco knows how to coach, much more than Diaz and he took a ton of what was learned from the ACCCG and put it to work. He used the Tiger defense's youth and speed/over-pursuit to their advantage. It was an excellent game to learn from. This game will prove more beneficial than whining over a stuck 'reboot' button on X-Box! ;)

Oct 4, 2020, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: I think I missed the part where Clemson lost ]

I'm pretty sure it's too early to call Boothe a "lockdown" corner when all we've played is WF, Citadel and UVA. My comments don't have anything to do with us winning. That was a foregone conclusion. It's how we won that concerns me. We have to go undefeated and win in a big fashion to stay afloat in the rankings if there ends up being several undefeated teams. We don't win big each and every game, we don't make the playoffs and then all that will be on here is how we got robbed out of a spot because of the SEC. You can all say what you want but if you think that performance last night was stellar then you are simply talking to hear yourself. It's a tough year to stay focused and they aren't focused in my opinion.

Oct 4, 2020, 10:14 AM

Haven't seen/heard anyone mention a stellar performance. We have a lot of talent and it wasn't all on display last night. Maybe this will serve as an eye opener for them.

Oct 4, 2020, 8:57 AM

There are things that concern a lot of us when we know teams like Miami and ND are on the schedule not to mention elite teams in the post season

This isn't 2008 When any win counted.....

Oct 4, 2020, 9:04 AM

We are at a different level and how we win or lose matters. Right now, Alabama, UGa, maybe Florida and tOSU would clean our clocks the way we played last night.

We were playing our starters late in the game and our Defense was getting punked by an average team.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Oct 4, 2020, 9:38 AM

I think you missed the part where Dabo said we "play to a standard". Yes, he said that ...... not us, so our expectations are no greater than Dabo's. What do you think practice is going to be like this week. I think I know!

Oct 4, 2020, 9:55 AM

Exactly. Just have the same expectations as Dabo.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic