Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Lamar wins Heisman....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

If Lamar wins Heisman....

Dec 3, 2016, 10:58 AM

It will tarnish the award in my opinion. The award was not intended for this type of performance and character.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's his character?*****

Dec 3, 2016, 11:02 AM

I think I heard Lamar quickly committed to UL then regretted

Dec 3, 2016, 12:49 PM

making a decision so early. His Mother said to him if you told them you were committing to them then you will stand by your word and keep your promise. He grew up a Clemson fan. I'm not sure our gripe is with Lamar but with the same spinsters we have to endure in Clemson's everyday football coverage.

I may be wrong with what I think I heard so correct me if wrong. I respect them if true

Re: I think I heard Lamar quickly committed to UL then regretted

Dec 3, 2016, 12:51 PM

Right, my gripe isn't with Lamar it's just that if DW4 has another strong game tonight and he misses he Heisman AGAIN, then the voters have it severely messed up.

Yep, though I'd argue he was 6 points less valuable than DW4

Dec 3, 2016, 1:03 PM

in a bonafide H2H match-up. Rarely do 2 contenders @ same position get a chance to face each other. We did and somehow Lamar won the duel. What a shame to see what has happened to such a prestigious accolade such as the Heisman. Espin is hellbent on ruining our beloved game.

Re: Yep, though I'd argue he was 6 points less valuable than DW4

Dec 3, 2016, 1:07 PM

Hahahaha. Good friggin Lord.

Remember, it was only when Saban said he was the best

Dec 3, 2016, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I think I heard Lamar quickly committed to UL then regretted ]

he'd faced since Cam Newton that the media folks said they would have voted differently after the NC game. Distant 3rd or an invite was all DW4 got prior to Saban.

2015 our entire conf was so weak they may not even make playoff consideration. Only when we debuted at #1 in the committee's eyes did they give us a fair shake. Remember too that we were a weekly punchline 4 years running until Dabo corrected them. Giving CU deserved praise only comes in the 11th hour when they have no choice or when they are corrected.

I know DW4 wasnt sacked 11(?) times ever nor did anyone on his team consider yanking off their helmet in the most important game for him and the team. Respect and leadership to DW4 is why. Remember when earlier he took the fall on behalf of the entire team? He even did it on THE VERY NETWORK that somehow forgot to recall now when it matters the most.

Heisman is simply worthless...unless you like Kardashian stuff

FWIW coots- you should thank DABO for NOT leaving DW4 et al in the game, considering it was/ is a justified course of action to counter your over-hyped espin/sec monopoly. 10 percent have already voted which means dw4's 3rd QTR benching in your game already cost him 10 percent in his resume' presentation. Dabo's decency in pulling our starters is/ was the INCORRECT action in the game itself, but he is a man of class. 78-7 EASILY and that's being modest. You and your publishing friends down there might consider both sides of your position or point before you rattle off your gibberish.

Re: If Lamar wins Heisman....

Dec 3, 2016, 11:17 AM

Done already. Sadly character doesn't count with Heisman voters. Case in point: Jameis Winston.

and Manziel....their choices aren't too good lately***

Dec 3, 2016, 12:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and Manziel....their choices aren't too good lately***

Dec 3, 2016, 1:46 PM

Come on, Manziel was clearly the best player in 2012

Dec 3, 2016, 12:50 PM

Character? He doesn't appear to be some kind of jerk with off the field antics - a la Johnny Football. And his stats are mind blowing. Let him have his little statue - is rather the Tigers win the Natty anyway!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2016, 12:54 PM

So he whines a little bit? If you weren't a Tiger/DW fan, would you care?

And it's ok that his team lost three games. The most awesomeness leader ever -Tebow - lost three or four games his Heisman season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2016, 1:06 PM

So scoring 50+ tds and racking up 4500+ total yards isn't a performance worthy of winning the Heisman?

So him whining when he loses isn't character worthy of the Heisman?

You may want DW4 to win the Heisman, but you can't say Jackson isn't worthy of winning it. It just makes you look like you don't pay attention. He's had an amazing season.

Fantastic numbers. Those are for another award:

Dec 3, 2016, 1:49 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisman_Trophy

Dont you agree that he should be in the discussion?

Dec 3, 2016, 1:08 PM

They nominate 3 and the award goes to one. Who the heck else is going to stand up there beside DW4 this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jackson stats will be hard to overcome ... we can hope

Dec 3, 2016, 3:14 PM

for huge DW game today. Natl Championship is a great consolation prize! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic