Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville is 3rd in the country in run defense with a long
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,198

Louisville is 3rd in the country in run defense with a long

Sep 14, 2017, 6:29 PM

run against them of 13 yards so far. Will we be able to run the football?

We weren't impressive in the run game last week. Our running backs were unimpressive. Our wide receivers are small this year, so their downfield blocking is not as good and the quick pass to the flats is not working well at all.

We need to run the football, shorten the game, keep Jackson off the field and keep our defense fresh. To me, that will be the key. Think we may see Feaster get a few more carries this game than last and see if he can't break a few long ones.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville is 3rd in the country in run defense with a long

Sep 14, 2017, 6:36 PM

Well they've played 2 teams that passed the ball and ran very little.
So it makes sense that they'd have good run defense numbers right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC ran for 219 and passed for 221 against Cal on 45 runs

Sep 14, 2017, 6:49 PM

and 44 passes. Against Louisville they ran it 23 times for 17 yards and passed it 38 times for 384 yards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope we say hello to Milan Richards, Hunter Renfow,

Sep 14, 2017, 6:55 PM

Amari Rogers, Trevion Thompson, etc, on short routes until they pull their linebackers back and we get to see our RB's make a difference. More than one way to skin a cat....or a cardinal!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's going to take some passes down the field to back them

Sep 14, 2017, 7:00 PM

off. An early deep throw to Cain could do the trick. Our coaches didn't seem to trust the o-line to throw the ball down the field against Auburn. Can't say that I blame them.

yep....but as bad as I saw their db's play against unc...

Sep 14, 2017, 7:08 PM

they can't afford to ignore Cain and Higgins and the rest of the deep crew....cuz they will get beat. They don't appear to have the speed or athleticism in their defensive backfield to man up against a bunch of our receivers.

I have been glad to see the TE being used some....was afraid after Legget departed and the injury, our TE's would get underused.....I personally think that if Louisville stacks the box (and I don't think they'll have much option if they want to win), it'll open the short routes considerably.

And we'll need less confusion from our OL who collectively didn't have their best game last week....they're more than capable enough of making a huge difference Sat nite tho

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn's run defense is much better.***

Sep 14, 2017, 7:10 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Etienne is a stud. Play him!***

Sep 14, 2017, 7:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like we might not see much of him Saturday night.

Sep 14, 2017, 8:01 PM

Not sure we see a lot of freshmen on the road against Louisville and on the road against Va Tech in a couple of weeks, but by the end of the year, he's could be in the two deep.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,198
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic