Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I suspect Dabo isn’t concerned at all
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I suspect Dabo isn’t concerned at all

May 23, 2018, 10:37 AM

where Belk ends up. He has spent enough time around him to know his work ethic and the type of player he is. This guy had an opportunity to learn and be mentored by two first rounders and follow in their footsteps when they leave next year and he decided this wasn’t the best place for him. Belk probably wasted money on a lawyer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I suspect Dabo isn’t concerned at all

May 23, 2018, 10:44 AM

So are you saying we did a bad job at evaluating him? Should we have known he had bad work ethic and the type of player he was while recruiting him? I don't think its the work ethic, I don't think he could handle the hard coaching and he was just soft. He was probably being pushed hard and couldn't handle it.

May 23, 2018, 10:57 AM

Well, I would say Dabo and staff have done a great job evaluating recruits but every now and then they miss on a guy. Whether it’s a bad work ethic or he is soft, all I’m saying is that there is no big threat wherever he goes.

Character plays a huge roll in qualifying at our program.

May 23, 2018, 11:21 AM

We don't know if he lacked anything. All we know is that the kid wanted to leave and Dabo seemed unmoved by his transfer. Maybe Dabo 'shook the dust off his feet,' or maybe he just obeyed his moral conduct guidelines.

We will never know anything for sure except the kids either wanted to leave or felt obligated to leave. I don't believe anything else but I know we lose little and loses a great opportunity at a great education and appears to be ready to settle for fourth or fifth best in SC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo says it all the time..he wants guys who are "all in"

May 23, 2018, 10:59 AM

that's why he tells them to go visit other schools and compare. the last thing you want is a guy who is here and isn't committed or wants to be here. You won't get the effort and attitude you need to win a championship.

When Belk committed i think he envisioned alot less of a logjam of talent on the d-line with guys moving on to the league. Expected to be 2nd string or starting this year but now understands that was probably going to be next year. Knows he'll start at USCjr for as many years as he wants.

Anyone who longs to play for them...we definitely don't want on our team

Or maybe he really, just didn't like being at Clemson

May 23, 2018, 1:02 PM

He did join early. Maybe that last semester of hs would have changed his mind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 23, 2018, 11:21 AM

And this goes on and on and on and on and on. Let the coaching staff handle all of this. Unlike majority of T-Netters, the coaches have earned the respect to be able to handle these problems. The rest in nothing but blah-blah-blah-blah.

May 23, 2018, 11:29 AM

You’re right Bob. It’s all blah, blah, blah. But that’s what boards are mostly about. Sometimes useful information gets passed along but most of the time it’s about our useless opinions. Isn’t it great!

May 23, 2018, 11:22 AM

How many practices did it take for you to decide he had a bad work ethic? People need to let ish go. He wasn't happy so he left. Big deal. Clemson will be just fine without him and you fans that want to take shots at 18yo kids.

May 23, 2018, 12:54 PM

I actually never said he had a bad work ethic. That was inferred from my post. All I was saying is that Dabo has been around him and he probably has some good indications of his work ethic, could be good or bad.

It's time to lighten up & let this go

May 23, 2018, 11:34 AM

Belk is gone. There isn't much to be done about it, and none of us have a say in it. He is a teenager - should be finishing up his last year of high school.

Is he a bad kid? No.

Was he ready for major college football? Maybe, maybe not.

Does he have room to grow up some? Probably. I am 68 years old and have room to grow up!

Is he the first kid who might not have had the best work ethic? No. We have had several good players who took a few years to see the light. I seem to remember someone being tagged as "Lazy L---t" who ended up being a good player.

Give it a rest. I wish that he could have stayed at Clemson because I think that he has a major up-side. He might still turn out to a good one, so there is no need to demonize him.

I doubt if Belk has managed this very well, but he hasn't hurt me or my family. Let it go.

Re: It's time to lighten up & let this go

May 23, 2018, 11:39 AM

Good point Sugar. What else do you want to talk about? Is it raining at your house today?

May 23, 2018, 1:04 PM

All this does is make a 2019 DT want to come even more now

May 23, 2018, 1:16 PM

You guys are making this too complicated. He just didn't like the food.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic