Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I still have tears in my eyes and a lump in my
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I still have tears in my eyes and a lump in my

Mar 26, 2020, 9:02 AM

throat as I type this so please ignore any typos. Just saw video clip on the Today show showing people who are most affected by this virus - doctors, nurses(especially), the sick and their families. Especially touching was the faces and body language of the hospital workers as they removed their masks for the cameras - red marks deep into their skin from wearing those masks all day, and the grief shown in their posture as they witness another victim die. This is truly a WAR being fought by those trying to heal the growing masses. I met a nurse at Walter Reed Hospital who helped treat an entire squad from my platoon in Viet Nam who were riding on a truck hauling cans of gasoline when a landmine ignited everything and almost everyone survived their burns long enough for her to witness their tremendous suffering as they died in her field hospital. She said that experience was the worst thing she had to endure in her year there. This current crisis must compare to her experience as countless patients come in to those hospitals in the most affected cities. They need our prayers and any support we can give, And please stay home if you can.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still have tears in my eyes and a lump in my

Mar 26, 2020, 9:42 AM

They are heroes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 10:32 AM

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Mar 27, 2020, 12:16 PM

The ones that put their lives on the line everyday in trying times like we're in today, and like we have been in of our past, Americans stand up and do what we must do, like our Military, like the Medical profession, like the people that put themselves at a higher risk to serve us, to make our lives bearable the way people have done in America these past few weeks, they are Heroes, they are the people that we sing about in the Star Spangled Banner, America the Beautiful, and many others that tell the story of what being an American means. We are the brave when we are called on to serve our country, and our own in anyway to help and protect others. Americans have always stepped up when we have been threatened by anything, we always have, and I believe we will always!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People that use cpap machines wake up with lines on their face

Mar 26, 2020, 12:56 PM

I don’t know why that is being used as a “you’re so special” moment. Just doing that job is enough for praise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I use a cpap and my lines are nothing like these

Mar 26, 2020, 3:35 PM

people had - they were deep and very red - and it wasn't just the fact that there were lines - their faces were marked by fatigue and worry that showed how hard they had been working.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 2:46 PM

clover65® said:

throat as I type this so please ignore any typos. Just saw video clip on the Today show showing people who are most affected by this virus - doctors, nurses(especially), the sick and their families. Especially touching was the faces and body language of the hospital workers as they removed their masks for the cameras - red marks deep into their skin from wearing those masks all day, and the grief shown in their posture as they witness another victim die. This is truly a WAR being fought by those trying to heal the growing masses. I met a nurse at Walter Reed Hospital who helped treat an entire squad from my platoon in Viet Nam who were riding on a truck hauling cans of gasoline when a landmine ignited everything and almost everyone survived their burns long enough for her to witness their tremendous suffering as they died in her field hospital. She said that experience was the worst thing she had to endure in her year there. This current crisis must compare to her experience as countless patients come in to those hospitals in the most affected cities. They need our prayers and any support we can give, And please stay home if you can.

Message was edited by: clover65®

clover65® said:

I saw the same clip... It brought tears to my eyes too.

I ordered dinner for 50 promptly after seeing the clip to be delivered to the local fire and rescue station where I live. Admittedly, my wife works at that station as a firefighter and I know first-hand what she is dealing with but I tell her everyday thanks for being hero. She says she's not and it's her job. She'll never know I ordered it but I hope it brings her and her closest friends joy tonight if they have time to eat.

Mar 27, 2020, 12:28 PM

A real Hero never feels like they are a Hero, they feel they did what Americans have done since America became a free country of our own, we/they help people when we see their lives in danger, and that was bred in our DNA as Americans. We protect and serve our fellow man/woman as our brothers and sisters and we don't feel like were Heros when do bc we just do it. Being an American equals a Hero!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 8:03 PM

I saw it as well. Heartbreaking.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 27, 2020, 5:55 PM

THANK YOU FOR THE REMINDER!! THEY ARE HEROES!!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic