Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clemson wins Natty and is standing at 30-0
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Nov 18, 2019, 9:01 AM

For 2018-19, do we finally get respect? We will most likely have rolled through our conference schedule, Texas A&M twice, SC twice, Alabama, Notre Dame, LSU, and Ohio St.

Thoughts?

Oh yeah! Then look out 2020 when we add some absolute monsters to the defensive side of the ball and continue adding talent on top of talent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Nov 18, 2019, 9:04 AM

They'll continue with the same narrative and figure out a new one if the conference is stronger next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No

Nov 18, 2019, 9:11 AM

The ACC will suck next year again. The SEC will be better than the ACC next year again. We need to win out next year too. They will say we have an easier path to the playoff than SEC schools. It will be accurate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2019, 10:15 AM

You're obsession with the SEC is weird. I bet 80 percent of your posts are defending or bringing it up. That or complaining about tigernet. You're like the guy that goes to a bar every day and then complains to to bartender about how bad the bar and the bartenders suck.

Nov 18, 2019, 10:37 AM

To be fair, majority of posts on TigerNet football board seem to be about:

SEC over rated (because media pushes SEC)
ESPN against us (because SEC)
Finebaum not nice (because SEC)

I'll agree with Carlsbad that Clemson Tiger Varsity Football will most likely not get the 'respect' fans crave even with another Championship this year for the reasons he cites.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 6:51 AM

Of course you agree with him. Your posts are even worse than his. If I didn’t know any better I would think you were the same person

Nov 18, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: No ]

But what he’s saying isn’t wrong...it sucks that we have to be flawless in order to make the playoffs

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 7:41 AM

^^^^THIS - actually ANY team outside of the SEC (and possibly the Big10) must go undefeated to be considered for the CFP. There are at least 3-4 teams (Bama, LSU, UGA, UF) in the SEC that could have 2 losses and still be considered for the CFP. All of those SEC teams are artificially propped up by preseason rankings that are undeserved having done absolutely NOTHING to earn those high rankings other than being in the lovechild that is the SEC.

Nov 22, 2019, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: No ]

I have no obsession with the SEC. I just know sports. What I dont get it people's obsession trying to minimize the SEC. Who cares about the SEC? They are better as a whole. Who cares? We are are the best program in the nation. Why are so many of our fans so insecure.

***Carlsdad....He's right you know.******

Nov 18, 2019, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: No ]

Breaking Oklahoma’s all-time winning streak of 44 straight

Nov 22, 2019, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: No ]

... would be amazing.

They’d have to respect us then ... right? No?

Meh ... probably not.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

47 and in the last 100 years the 2nd most is 34 miami

Nov 22, 2019, 8:41 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_NCAA_Division_I_football_winning_streaks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I stand corrected ... still my point stands.

Nov 22, 2019, 12:55 PM

We could win 50 straight and not convert the doubters.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: No ]

We have ND next year on the road , quality win . I expect UNC, Lullville, to be better. Who knows with VT and UVA. Seems like we need someone on that side to take over

Re: If Clemson wins Natty and is standing at 30-0

Nov 18, 2019, 9:07 AM

We're ranked a solid number 3 in the nation. I think that is showing a lot of respect for us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2019, 9:10 AM

We already get respect. They just dont know for sure who we are because we havent played anyone. Being invited to the playoff is very respectful. We will be there.

No, next time we have a close win to the super bowl champion

Nov 18, 2019, 9:13 AM

we'll drop about 5 spots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody is saying, "I hope we get Clemson first in the

Nov 18, 2019, 9:14 AM

playoffs because they are over rated"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nobody is saying, "I hope we get Clemson first in the

Nov 18, 2019, 9:59 AM

You are correct. We have respect from other teams just not some of the media. I am wondering if we now get more respect from the media because of the Alabama QB situation. Will we get bandwagon fans now?

Nov 18, 2019, 3:23 PM

You have to remember that sports commentators are not rewarded for being accurate. They are rewarded for attracting viewers/readers. So it is in their interest to stir up football fans from week to week.

The UNC game was bound to result in dozens of articles questioning our rightful place in the landscape.

The 1st CFP rankings are always going to draw tons of speculative articles about all of the possible controversial outcomes. In the end, the games are played on the field and the final four are never as controversial as all of the articles. We just have to be patient and let our team speak for themselves.

I am looking forward to 1. winning the Natty on the field
2. starting 2020 30 - 0
3. adding the #1 recruiting class in the nation to that championship team

Nov 18, 2019, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Nobody is saying, "I hope we get Clemson first in the ]

YUP! +1 to you...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Nobody is saying, "I hope we get Clemson first in the ]

While that is true, it proves nothing about anyone showing CLEMSON the respect that has been earned.

Those same people are also not saying "CLEMSON would kick our butts, so they should be ranked ahead of us" either.

I think its funny and it doesn't bother me at all it just

Nov 22, 2019, 8:45 AM

makes it that much better every time we win.

LSUs defense is garbage. Oh St and Clemson both blow them out. #4 will be a sacrificial lamb for LSU to make sure that an SEC team makes it to the final.

Just smile and point out how we destroyed ND and Bama and the game was not as close as the score suggested.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:19 AM

Why don't you ask us when it happens. Technically you still have 4 games to play.

Thank you leftie! It's unbelievable that people forget to

Nov 18, 2019, 9:54 AM

focus on our next game and not look past UofSuCk. I mean, look what happened when UGA looked past UofSuCk...it's like tnetters never learn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'm just glad he referred to us as you.***

Nov 18, 2019, 9:59 AM

They will never respect us because of Dabo's values.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:24 AM

The media does not appreciate his beliefs and good works. SAD.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:34 AM

What is said publicly does not reflect the amount of respect we have across the country.

There are no teams taking us lightly and thinking that we are what some in the media say we are.

A narrative is just that. It's a story that some like to tell.

You would think so, wouldn't you? Butt, they seem to apply

Nov 18, 2019, 9:49 AM

a different set of parameters to us vs others. Next year it will be:

They lost most of the offensive line, defensive secondary, AND Tee Higgins, AND Travis Etienne. No way they will retool from that and still be relevant on the national stage.

That's probably almost verbatim from Flying Ears first broadcast of the new season. He will be over being "Gobsmacked" again by then.

You know why we get dissed by the media? Because

Nov 18, 2019, 9:57 AM

they love to hear y'all whiners cry about it. Anybody who knows anything about football knows full well Clemson is the elite of the elite right now. But some of y'all ##### so much over anything that even remotely resembles a slight, the talking heads throw kerosene on that fire just to make fun of you.

I have a gut feeling they're going to Ron Cherry us soon.***

Nov 18, 2019, 10:00 AM

Nov 18, 2019, 10:02 AM

We will start the season of 2020 ranked 3rd! We don't play anyone!! Joel Klatt will say the eye test has cataracts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2019, 10:06 AM

I will be happy to hear that we have a "soft schedule" in 2020. We have some monsters coming in for the D-line, as well as the other recruits, but we lose a lot this year. Four out of 5 starters on the O-line, I think it is 3 out of 4 safeties by playing time, probably Etienne and Higgins and Simmons, and possibly a few more leaving early and transferring. We will have some great people to replace them but a "soft schedule" will give us some time to get everybody up to speed.

I believe we travel to south bend next year***

Nov 18, 2019, 10:10 AM

I should have worded it differently

Nov 18, 2019, 10:58 AM

Instead of respect, do you guys think the narrative will ever change?

Re: I believe we travel to south bend next year***

Nov 22, 2019, 7:47 AM [ in reply to I believe we travel to south bend next year*** ]

Ian Book is ND's 'best' QB and is a SR, so they will have a new QB next year. ND can circle our game as a "L" right now.

Nov 18, 2019, 1:53 PM

Then we'll have a pretty good shot at at least a 37 game winning streak, since we don't play @ ND till November 7.

Nov 18, 2019, 4:07 PM

And is better next year, does that mean the ACC is better. By association, I say it does.

No because we don't play anyone.***

Nov 18, 2019, 4:11 PM

Nov 22, 2019, 6:53 AM

We get respect now.

Nov 22, 2019, 6:53 AM

If we win ?
My dear soul , the only remaining question is by what margin do we win ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 22, 2019, 7:17 AM

Nope!! No respect unless we move to SEC or Big 10. Even if Acc improves, there is so much hatred for the Acc being weak respect will never be there. Who cares anyway. The fun is in the winning for us tiger fans!

Nov 22, 2019, 7:18 AM

Nope!! No respect unless we move to SEC or Big 10. Even if Acc improves, there is so much hatred for the Acc being weak respect will never be there. Who cares anyway. The fun is in the winning for us tiger fans!

The reality is that to the media

Nov 22, 2019, 7:35 AM

we are boring. There isn't much excitement for them covering 50-3 games each week. The playoffs will be fun, but even that it is boring for them if we win again unless it is in some dramatic fashion.

Re: The reality is that to the media

Nov 22, 2019, 7:37 AM

If wr had 50-3 wins every week vs good teams they would love it. We are playing scrubs and that bores them.

Re: The reality is that to the media

Nov 22, 2019, 7:54 AM

I hope everyone realizes how hard it is very difficult to always be undefeated, no matter the competition. Sometimes the football gods don't cooperate and the ball bounces the wrong way. It takes an extremely talented team to win um all year after year in any league.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic