Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1157 new cases in SC. Gracious.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

1157 new cases in SC. Gracious.

Jun 20, 2020, 12:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was the percentage positive?

Jun 20, 2020, 1:02 PM

It's OK to see more cases if the positive rate is decreasing. The ####### morons that argue "more tests means more cases" every time don't understand that subtle point.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The percentage I am seeing is 16.2%, which is significantly

Jun 20, 2020, 1:07 PM

higher than it used to be. However, it's possible that percentage is from yesterday. not clear.

Re: The percentage I am seeing is 16.2%, which is significantly

Jun 20, 2020, 1:16 PM

Also the highest one day death total in SC.

Jun 20, 2020, 3:02 PM

But apparently, according to some selfish jerks, there us no need to use masks or be cautious. They want everyone to get it, no matter hiw many die, juat so they wont b inconvenienced.

Some people are so rediculous.

Personally, id rather be too cautious than to kill an innocent person because i was a jerk.

Jun 20, 2020, 3:17 PM

Important stat is number entering the hospital.

That's a trailing indicator of spread

Jun 20, 2020, 3:35 PM

If you see an increase in both number and percentage, you can expect an increase in hospitalizations and that is how the hospitals plan.

Jun 21, 2020, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: The percentage I am seeing is 16.2%, which is significantly ]

Cornflakes said:

But apparently, according to some selfish jerks, there us no need to use masks or be cautious. They want everyone to get it, no matter hiw many die, juat so they wont b inconvenienced.

Some people are so rediculous.

Personally, id rather be too cautious than to kill an innocent person because i was a jerk.

Yeah, it don’t help when every other tag you see going down the road is from out of state. The state has opened back up and people out of state are flocking to the SC beaches like nobodies business. Also, The mask that you suggest people wear is more of a fashion statement to them instead of a safety protocol. He’ll most people don’t even wash them.

Where are you seeing that!?!

Jun 20, 2020, 3:24 PM [ in reply to The percentage I am seeing is 16.2%, which is significantly ]

link, please?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where are you seeing that!?!

Jun 20, 2020, 3:41 PM

wordometers.info updates before this page, but this should be the official source:

https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/sc-testing-data-projections-covid-19

Check the dashboard at the top of this page for a graph of "New Cases Per Day," 1.2k for yesterday. There is a graph further down that tries to reallocate the cases to the date that symptoms appeared, which they get from the patient, so it shows 3 for yesterday.

I found it too.

Jun 20, 2020, 3:33 PM [ in reply to The percentage I am seeing is 16.2%, which is significantly ]

Increased from 5% a month ago to 16% now. Not good

https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/sc-testing-data-projections-covid-19

What is your take on this?

Jun 20, 2020, 3:37 PM [ in reply to The percentage I am seeing is 16.2%, which is significantly ]

Total cased: 22,631
Recovered: 10,790

Remaining positive: 11,841
SC Population: approx 5M

Percentage currently positive: 0.23%
that's less than 1 in every 4 thousand people.

https://covidtracking.com/data/state/south-carolina

I see now what you mean by 16%

Jun 20, 2020, 3:41 PM

It's an increase in current cases over the last 14 days.
So, 14 days ago there must've been around 0.198% currently infected. Or a little less than 1 in 5,000

Re: I see now what you mean by 16%

Jun 20, 2020, 3:45 PM

It's the percentage of tests that are positive. It doesn't have anything to do with the total population.

They look at that as the best indicator when you have enough testing that you can assume you have a good random sample of the whole state. We aren't there yet because testing is still skewed to people with symptoms.

I was just seeing that.

Jun 20, 2020, 3:50 PM

Yeah, that unfortunately doesn't tell us much. Most people with no symptoms aren't going to get tested. I tried to yesterday, but the turnaround is a few days. I just want to know if I have the antibodies, not whether I'm currently infected (although that would obviously be good info, too).

If you give blood most places, they include an antibody test

Jun 20, 2020, 10:30 PM

Those tests are only 50%^ reliable, but it's better than nothing.

The Blood Connection

Jun 21, 2020, 9:48 AM

said 7-14 days for the antibody! I thought it was like 10-20 minutes?

Re: The Blood Connection

Jun 22, 2020, 8:43 AM

it's 10-20 minutes in places like Germany. We, unfortunately, elected a moron which means 6 months into this, I still can't get an antibody test while having lab work done because something-something.

BS!

Jun 22, 2020, 12:40 PM

I just got back from a Dr. appointment and they're offering antibody testing for only $60. You want the address?

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: 1157 new cases in SC. Gracious.

Jun 21, 2020, 8:18 AM

Sure the number of cases are going up. But look at the attachment. It is a great tool for tracking this virus. The graphs at the bottom show cases going up but also show a huge increase in testing. Most importantly though is the number of deaths are decreasing dramatically. One of 2 things is happening... Either this virus is not as deadly as it was originally, or we are building up an immunity to it.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jun 21, 2020, 11:02 PM

Or both.

Jun 21, 2020, 9:58 AM

It is because Trump had a rally.....in Tulsa Ok.

Only Coots Get it....Dont Worry***

Jun 21, 2020, 11:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 11:42 PM

Good! Over 30% of SC hospital beds are open and there’s no vaccine on the horizon that the CDC currently expects to have a .004 mortality rate.

More people die from smoking every year. Over the course of your lifetime you’re more likely to die in an automobile accident.

You want to look yourself up fine but that is not living to me. Not when it puts millions on employment and loved ones die in hospitals (from non COVID conditions) completely alone.

Jun 22, 2020, 7:24 AM

I live in Knoxville Tennessee. The Knox County Health Department is reporting 4 hospitalizations currently from COVID19. I don't know what is going on in South Carolina, but I went to the link that ArchieCampbell provided (see above) and they do not report hospitalizations, except to list a projection of ICU beds needed. Is there any way to get actual real time information on hospitalizations in SC? It seems if you want to know how things are going in a particular county, that would be the website to visit. My relatives in South Carolina are telling me it is sooooo bad here! Don't come visit! I think they are simply parroting what they are hearing on television.

Jun 22, 2020, 8:10 AM

Yup

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic