Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I saw this years ago, I forget exactly where and when. But it laid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 334

I saw this years ago, I forget exactly where and when. But it laid

Jan 6, 2021, 6:41 PM

out the political demographics of this country. Approximately 25-30% are hardcore Republicans, and about the same are hardcore Democrats. So... 40-50% are neither. WE ARE THE GREAT SILENT MAJORITY. Not necessarily Independents per se, but people who will vote their conscience, as the saying goes. You can't just pencil us in. We have open minds, and you have to win us over. No one can win with just their "base"... you gotta win a big chunk of us, too.

It seems like both Republicans and Democrats often overlook this simple math... the extreme factions in a party are not a winning formula. Never have been, never will be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Sorry for the #### graphic.

Jan 6, 2021, 6:48 PM

But basically that's great if voter preferences look like the top graph, but what if they're distributed more like the bottom?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

jerrymandering makes this worse.

Jan 6, 2021, 7:04 PM

fix this, make politicians take a stand that appeals to a wider swath of public opinion, and things will get better. Jerrymandering forces politicians to pander to the activist extremists of their party, left or right. If not, they get primaried.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*gerrymandering***

Jan 6, 2021, 7:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: *gerrymandering***

Jan 6, 2021, 7:29 PM

it's like an echo chamber. Phonetically, it's all the same.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 334
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic