Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When the term 'War with Iran,' is used does that...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 467

When the term 'War with Iran,' is used does that...

Jan 9, 2020, 1:42 PM

mean boots on the ground or do air strikes from outside Iranian airspace count? I mean, if it's simply a barrage of missiles taking out military and strategic targets is that really a war?

What if it's just a retaliatory strike, does that count?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw "WW3" mentioned a few times in here

Jan 9, 2020, 2:14 PM

So, I would guess it means full out, nuclear and conventional war.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw "WW3" mentioned a few times in here

Jan 9, 2020, 2:47 PM

We already know we can knock out Iran's communications and jam its radar.

What I'm wondering is when Iran feels froggie and Trump catches them jumping and dumps 120 ACLM missiles on them will that be considered an act of war?

Asking for Pelosi.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When the term 'War with Iran,' is used does that...

Jan 9, 2020, 9:45 PM

I don't think we have enough missiles to take out all of Iran, it's a pretty big country. But war with Iran would likely begin as you say, stand off attacks using our extraordinary air power.

But attacks on Iran who are Shia would also likely encourage the involvement of Shiites from all over the middle east including Hezbollah, Shiites in the West Bank and Gaza, Yemen Lebanon etc, etc.
It could also involve Russia, Syria, as well as approx.140,000 Iraqi Shiites that were incorporated into the military in 2016.

So, a 'war with Iran' wouldn't just be with Iran. It could very well turn into a conflagration pitting, yet again, Shia vs Sunni. In fact, world wide there are 1.5 Billion Sunni and 200 Million Shia. Iran has 82 Million of them.

Also, Iran has missiles too and would likely target U.S. installations on both sides of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 467
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic