Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Observations From NCSU Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Observations From NCSU Game

Sep 20, 2013, 5:16 PM

Sat in Section 25 with over 1,000 Clemson fans so had no guff from the pack fans. Even out in the concourse and thru the donor lots the wuffie fans were pretty tame. NCSU student section was there early and LOUD. The venue is great to watch a game, even in the upper deck you are close to the action.

I see a lot of comments on how offense was off and not clicking, which is mostly true until the 3rd quarter, but I won't let Morris off the hook on this one as Clemson had success with Read Option and Wide Out Screen (Sammy was being given 9-10 yards of cushion the whole game so he was free for 5 yard gains almost automatically every play. NCSU did not adjust and until they did Clemson could have moved 4-5 yards a whack all night. Clemson's staff appeared to try to force their playcalling on the wuffies instead of taking what was given. Not sexy but NCSU had answer for the Read Option in the 1 - 4 gaps.

Defensively, apart from a bust or two and a Ref picking a Clemson linebacker, the Tigers played pretty well man for man. Again scheme concerned me, I counted maybe 3 blitzeds all night and lots of soft zone in 3rd and 4th and long. When Clemson pressured NCSU they were shook up and out of sync.

In the end a win by 12 which could have been 15 or 19 at the end was not what we wanted to see; however the Pack, apart from penalties, played tough and a first conference road win on Thursday night is what matters. It all still comes down to take care of business, win, win pretty or win ugly but move on to next week. Bottom line, if Clemson wants to make MNC game they will have to play much better to beat FSU and the Coots. I'll take this win and can't wait to dismantle Wake next week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Observations From NCSU Game

Sep 20, 2013, 5:30 PM

I was sitting around a lot of State fans. They were all very nice. At least three different guys said (two even before kick off) if you all win, I hope you run the table and get the National Championship. Then at the end of the game, they made the same statement. Pretty good sportsmanship, if you ask me!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

two things...

Sep 20, 2013, 5:40 PM

I agree on the run option. Up the gut was working, but we kept trying to go outside or even sweep it but that was not working.

Also, we hindered ourselves because Boyd was off the entire game. He did settle down some in the second half, but there may have been only two or three passes that the receivers didn't hvae to make an adjustment on. Boyd has got to get that under control or he will be known as someone who gets shaken up if he gets pressure on him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to Create QB Controversy But Playing Stoudt a Series

Sep 20, 2013, 5:57 PM

or two would sometimes make sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought that too...

Sep 20, 2013, 5:58 PM

but I think Dabo is afraid to do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe Morris needs to be in the box

Sep 20, 2013, 5:55 PM

rather than on the sideline?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True....Had He Been 100ft Up He Would Have Seen Enormous

Sep 20, 2013, 5:57 PM

Cushion Sammy Had All Night

Re: Observations From State Game

Sep 20, 2013, 8:36 PM

I'm certain the coaches up in the box told Morris that
Sammy was getting a big cushion. It is up to him to use
the information from the other coaches.

I sat in the student section and yes it was LOUD....

Sep 20, 2013, 8:55 PM

I live in the Raleigh-Durham area and some State students who are friends of mine got me in with a NCST student ID. I'm a big Clemson fan. I had to wear a NCST sweatshirt so I could sneak in, but took it off as soon as I got to my seat. As you can imagine, there were some really angry students with those two TDs that got called back. No one gave me any trouble through any part of the game though. I was there two years ago when we got embarrassed. I'm just glad I got out of there with the win this time around.

I didn't see Battle's punch until it had already happened (I was leaving the game at that moment with my State friends). Although I went back to see it on ESPN3 replay and I didn't see the State player take any jabs at Battle. So anyone who says they saw him hit Battle first on TV is shooting bull. Although when it did happen, I was so embarrassed in front of my NCST friends. That's just not a Clemson thing to do.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic