Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I said at the outset of this election
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I said at the outset of this election

Dec 11, 2020, 8:42 PM

When everyone was concerned about possibility for violence, I felt we had strong institutions at both the state level and in the courts, and that ultimately because we are a nation of laws, I believed we didn’t have much to worry about there.

I’m incredibly thankful today to see that this is still the case. The greatest experiment in self-governance, 230 years later, has survived a civil war, multiple world wars, depressions, terrorism and pandemics. Now, thanks to our courts and the rule of law, it can add to that list the scourge of a would-be “strong-man” autocrat.

But this also bittersweet. While I am relieved, I feel like we have submerged ourselves into a dark time.

The people that tried to bolster Trump’s ambition to act not as a President but as a Ruler, have worked to undermine our democracy. They need to be held to account for this traitorous subterfuge.

I’m looking at the 18 state AGs, the 126 House of Reps. These people basically tried to unwrite our Declaration of Independence. They are scoundrels and should be tarred and feathered, the lot of them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I said at the outset of this election

Dec 11, 2020, 8:46 PM

will be interesting to see how this all plays in 2022... whether any of them will be held accountable

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/10/opinion/trump-constitution-norms.html?searchResultPosition=2

A lot can happen in two years, we shall see***

Dec 11, 2020, 9:11 PM

Dec 11, 2020, 9:53 PM

JFC, it’s the trump supporters that follow the rules and refrain from burning down ###. What alternate fkn reality do you live in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 9:59 PM

Following the rules, you mean like plotting to kidnap the governor of Wisconsin?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 10:04 PM

Dec 11, 2020, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I said at the outset of this election ]

I know your weed brain has a hard time connecting dots. Extra wide synapses.

Dec 11, 2020, 11:06 PM

I'll need to check with out local physician MiuraTiger® to see if extra wide synapses is a real thing before I choose to be insulted or not.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was a lot of loose talk

Dec 11, 2020, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I said at the outset of this election ]

Before the election about the potential for violence from either side.

I did notice a lot of this kind of posturing from the GOP, though. The word unhinged comes to mind.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arizona-republican-party-overturn-election-results-death/

Re: There was a lot of loose talk

Dec 12, 2020, 9:12 AM

Another good example of people who claim to be American leaders acting in very un-American ways.

Dec 12, 2020, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: I said at the outset of this election ]

Keowee,

Some radicals on the left crossed the line in their protests. Many of them were arrested for it. Most of the progressives here have condemned the unlawful and destructive actions from those groups (without condemning their protests themselves).

Profuscious is referring to democratically elected public officials who disavowed their oath to the Constitution and to the people that they were elected to represent. And whether you like it or not, the actions of those elected officials represent a far greater threat to our democracy and the rule of law than do the protesters in the streets.

Dec 12, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: I said at the outset of this election ]

JFC, it’s the trump supporters that follow the rules and refrain from burning down ###. What alternate fkn reality do you live in.

Yeah, its the Trump supporters who refrained from wearing masks because their hero said it wasn't cool.

15,000,000 cases and approaching 300,000 dead and an economy in the crapper.

But yeah, the lefties burned down a Wendys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is another thing I realized...

Dec 11, 2020, 10:51 PM

I kind of take this attack on democracy personally! The aftermath of this election has been a shock to me.

My people showed up on this contingent in the late 1700s and wound up on the frontier. They have shed blood here and abroad ever since. So yes, anyone who wants to come at me, feel free. You have that right,

Bit I will be gawd-danged to just sit idly by and ignore this kind of treachery. If you have a problem with that, I suggest you #### up a rope.

Re: Here is another thing I realized...

Dec 11, 2020, 11:40 PM

Did you know Laura Ingalls?

Dec 12, 2020, 7:38 AM

He dated Nellie Oleson.

Dec 12, 2020, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Here is another thing I realized... ]

blob:https://tenor.com/09077619-420c-4da7-9729-87fa714d1ae8

Dec 12, 2020, 9:04 AM

Pro,

I could not have said it better - no hyperbole or histrionics - just a straightforward observation of what these so called public servants have done.

I don't know about tar & feathers, but they should NEVER be elected to public office again.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic