Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Possibly the craziest question I have ever asked on t-net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Possibly the craziest question I have ever asked on t-net

May 7, 2020, 7:57 PM

But can anyone possibly see Will Shipley playing as a slot receiver like another Renfrow? I liked the way he separates, and has good hands from what little I saw in his highlights. With his speed, I see him scoring often as his greatest asset is his speed IMO. I can see third-and-Shipley as a viable play often times.

Is that even possible? Not sure if a great 5* RB would ever even be considered to play that position sometimes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

INB4RACISTCOMPLAINT***

May 7, 2020, 8:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Possibly the craziest question I have ever asked on t-net

May 7, 2020, 8:17 PM

certainly not an expert,but i can see him lining up in multiple ways to take full advantage of his talents.will give opposing defenses nightmares.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 7, 2020, 8:20 PM

What hoosicktiger said.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2020, 8:18 PM

Shipley can definitely succeed in the slot at the college level if he is elusive enough.

If he's a disciplined route runner, can cut and pivot quickly (the biggest question mark IMO) and fool defenders with his eyes, he will get regular time in the slot.

I would not compare Shipley to Hunter because they aren't similar at all. Shipley is much bigger and plays physical. Hunter was/is a paperweight, pure and simple. His ability to stop and change direction on a dime was incredible. Shipley is a different cat.

I'm sure Elliott will test Shipley's ability in the slot. But it's a lot different than coming out of the backfield.

May 7, 2020, 8:18 PM

We have a recruit named Troy Stellato out of Florida that’s perfect for the slot/Hunter Renfrow spot. He is going to come to Clemson. Will Shipley will work all over the field but mainly as a RB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 7, 2020, 8:19 PM

Here’s his junior video.

https://247sports.com/Video/Troy-Stellato-Junior-Season-9584149/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 7, 2020, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Possibly the craziest question I have ever asked on t-net ]

yep - tigers will use shipley like bv used isiah

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I see a wheel in his future***

May 7, 2020, 8:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I see a wheel in his future***

May 7, 2020, 8:55 PM

I hope so.
CJ on a wheel route was a thing of beauty.
Devastating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 7, 2020, 8:26 PM

Better out of the backfield where he would be matched up with backer. No contest on a wheel route or on swing passes away from the motion.

May 7, 2020, 8:38 PM

Here is where you likely "Will" see him.

1. Running back
2. Slot
3. H back
4. Tight end
5. Wr either side
6. Wild cat

JMO

May 9, 2020, 11:21 AM

7. Punt returner

May 7, 2020, 9:15 PM

I don't have a clue but, I think he could possibly get drafted as slot quicker in the NFL with his speed, than as a RB....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2020, 9:35 PM

I believe he’ll get quite a bit of time at “piggyback ride giver”. Course most of it will be after the game cuz he won’t get touched much during the game.

May 7, 2020, 11:08 PM

yup

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2020, 6:08 AM

~JKB

Nah, if he’s as good as advertised he needs the rock 20+ touches

May 8, 2020, 6:57 AM

Won’t get that in the slot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nah, if he’s as good as advertised he needs the rock 20+ touches

May 8, 2020, 8:35 AM

With the talent the Clemson offense has all over the field (and on the bench), I don't see anyone other than QB and Center averaging more than 20 touches per game in the near future.

May 8, 2020, 6:48 PM

Shipley is talented enough to be used in a lot of ways - including as a slot receiver. But, one way to use him as a slot receiver would be quite different from the way we lined up Hunter Renfrow. If we use a 2-back set, he can run a short wheel route into the middle of the field from the fake toss or lead blocker position.... just let him circle around the DE or go up the gap between the DE and DT and give the ball to the 2nd back, who can either run the ball or throw to Shipley. A fake to both backs would open the short middle and flat for a quick pop..... which would run defenses ragged as all get out. If you combined that look with a WR running a quick slant from the same side, and a TE blocking/running a drag route from the opposite side, the D would completely collapse on itself and if one of the RBs or the TE wasn't open, the opposite side WR would have the entire deep area to himself.

May 8, 2020, 6:57 PM

Watch for the current # 13, Brannon Spector

I remember suggesting Kelly Bryant

May 10, 2020, 9:06 AM

move to receiver or safety and getting BLASTED for it. But as to your suggestion it sounds a bit like the real USC did with Reggie Bush back in the day. Worked well for them...

You think KB would get snaps in our

May 10, 2020, 2:29 PM

Safety rotation in his last year? He definitely wouldn’t have gotten snaps in our WR corps

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My suggestion was made

May 11, 2020, 8:34 AM

During the time frame when he was backing up DW. Being such a good athlete I thought he ought to see the field while backing up DW to utilize his athleticism. To answer your question Yes I do. With his size and speed I think he would have made an excellent S or WR.

If you think that is a crazy question, then you obviously

May 12, 2020, 7:34 AM

have never read any post by TigerBalm1 or several others on the boreds! :)

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic