Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With the news out of Tennessee, now is the time for healing.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

With the news out of Tennessee, now is the time for healing.

Jan 27, 2021, 8:41 AM

When the news broke that Tony Elliott was considering the UT job, a lot of folks here said some things they probably regret. And now that Josh Heupel is apparently the new UT coach, well, I'm sure that Coach Elliott has regrets himself. The good news for TE, if I know Dabo like I think I do, is all will be forgiven. I think the best thing we, as fans, can do in a time like this is welcome Coach Elliott back with open arms. We all make mistakes let's just put this behind us and move forward as one united Clemson family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

No doubt Dabo will invite Tony and his wife over to eat

Jan 27, 2021, 9:09 AM

the fattened calf followed by music and dancing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: No doubt Dabo will invite Tony and his wife over to eat

Jan 29, 2021, 7:58 AM

Has Dabo lifted his suspension? Maybe having to miss the CFP game has made him fully understand the ramifications of taking visits when committed!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once a Tiger always a Tiger***

Jan 27, 2021, 9:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Once a Tiger always a Tiger***

Jan 27, 2021, 9:29 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Once a Tiger always a Tiger***

Jan 27, 2021, 9:53 AM

Is that Kip Winger?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I regret clicking on this post.

Jan 27, 2021, 9:32 AM

Please forgive me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

shood we also feel this way about....

Jan 27, 2021, 11:30 AM

kevin steele??

some things you just cannot forgive and forget

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Some people here are still livid at Ken Hatfield

Jan 30, 2021, 11:29 AM

nearly 30 years after the fact.

Just saying.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: With the news out of Tennessee, now is the time for healing.

Jan 27, 2021, 11:49 AM

I am a forgiving person, but my experience is that if someone is willing to step out once, they will do it again and again. Been burned too many times. I hope TE stays for many years to come, but I'm doubting it will happen.

Jan 27, 2021, 12:16 PM

Color me confused.

A 41 year old assistant coach, offensive coordinator, at one of the very elite programs in the country is not supposed to listen to an offer to become a head coach?

What does Elliott need to be forgiven for?

Should Jeff Scott have refused to answer USF's calls?

Should Brent Venables refused to answer Dabo's calls?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not shocked that an FSU fan doesn't get it

Jan 27, 2021, 1:06 PM

Also, "confused" is not a color. Moran

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 30, 2021, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: With the news out of Tennessee, now is the time for healing. ]

Color me confused, too, and I’m a moron too I see from subsequent poster. TE and any of our staff who believe they should listen to another school should. In TE case, he is a man of faith, devoted husband and he would not decide something without a peace from God and the support of his wonderful wife. We don’t own people - we provide employment opportunities.

It depends. Did TE visit TN in person or was it just a Zoom meeting?

Jan 27, 2021, 3:58 PM

It’s important. Dabo is a man of principle and we all know his policy about taking visits.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2021, 7:16 AM

Dabo's strategy of hiring coordinators that are not very good is paying dividends. Not many coaching staffs stay together this long when they have quality coaches looking to climb the ladder. Fortunately, we do not have that problem at Clemson.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is a time for healing...and unity! .... and decency! ...

Jan 29, 2021, 11:27 AM

To hellll with all those nazis who didn’t vote for me!
C’mon man!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All kinds of feels in this post.***

Jan 29, 2021, 12:09 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

it's not a mistake for assistants to consider other jobs

Jan 30, 2021, 4:06 PM

So Dabo had nothing to forgive him for. Excellent assistants will be considered for other jobs, no bodies feelings were hurt. It'll happen again, and that's the way it should be.

If any of our assistants pull a stunt like that again...

Jan 30, 2021, 4:10 PM

Well, let’s just say I don’t think they’ll have to worry about asking for forgiveness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic