Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking forward to VT game Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,880

Looking forward to VT game Saturday

Nov 30, 2020, 9:35 PM

After sitting through that beating we took in '98 I really look forward to opportunities to repay the favor. Here's to Dabo padding some stats for TL and ETN and making that '98 game look tame.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking forward to VT game Saturday

Nov 30, 2020, 10:43 PM

In all seriousness; "it should be a blowout"! On paper at least; it should be. The issue is Clemson gets everybody's best. Some other schools out there get everybody's best - but Clemson sometimes plays into it with how many people we play. Some guys have to "get into a rhythm before they start playing their best"! Hard to do sometimes when you are in and out.

That said, "we often can use that to our advantage as well! It certainly isn't all bad; in fact I like it.

VT has played far less talented offenses and have given up lots of yards. I know, I know - they played a few games with a ton of players missing. I know. That may skew their numbers; I know.

But, they are giving up 463 yards a game! Clemson is averaging over 500 yards a game. If everything stays true to form we do blow them out and you get your wish.

Their RB is 4th or 5th in the Nation in rushing! Concentrate on stopping him and the QB runs and I think we have this one pretty easy! I like our DB's versus their WR's one on one. Cover zero and make the QB have to be Trevor Lawrence good to beat you. He hasn't been consistently that good a passer - so really like our chances.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll go out on a limb here and say Venables has got this***

Dec 1, 2020, 6:50 AM

Dec 1, 2020, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Looking forward to VT game Saturday ]

Hopefully Coach V is ready for Enter Sandman. This year it's their best play.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I recall sitting in the upper deck thinking

Dec 1, 2020, 7:08 AM

How far the program had fallen in very short amount of time. Things can change very quickly

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 8:28 AM

We will need to be able to play in nasty weather on the road. Their crowd will be very small by the Governor's decree. I don't think it will be easy @VT. GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 8:48 AM

Man I was there That day. Miserable game, miserable heat.

There was no gravity in the valley that day, the earth just sucked.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,880
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic