Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I rarely watch network news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

I rarely watch network news

Oct 5, 2020, 8:28 AM

in the morning. ABC was on this morning and it was hilarious to hear them screaming about Trumps ride in the car. They were just shocked and really concerned for the driver.

Whatever. Bunch of dolts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i hope they continue their crazy

Oct 5, 2020, 8:47 AM

They can't hide their hatred and normal people pick up on it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw that. Based on their tone, I thought Trump murdered

Oct 5, 2020, 9:10 AM

someone's kids. Is that not what happened?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on whether the other people in the car survive.***

Oct 5, 2020, 9:19 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Science says they'll be fine. Masked up - only briefly in

Oct 5, 2020, 9:50 AM

car together...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh ok. Definitely worth the risk then. ;) ***

Oct 5, 2020, 9:56 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Science says there was no risk. But seriously -

Oct 5, 2020, 10:03 AM

obviously there was more of a risk by doing the ride than not doing the ride.

But since the increased risk was likely only a fraction of a percent (if we believe science and the effectiveness of masks and limited contact), then the OPs original point is still valid. They are treating "the ride" like Trump sentenced those agents to death.

I'm waiting for the report about how the fumes from the exhaust pipe put the entire crowd at risk (no longer being serious, by the way...)

How we know y’all are in a cult is that the defenses

Oct 5, 2020, 10:05 AM

of Trump involve incredible mental gymnastics and seldom have to do with policy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not a fan of Trumps - but I do notice that he is treated

Oct 5, 2020, 10:11 AM

differently by most media outlets.

This coverage is a "C'mon man" moment - it wasn't THAT big of a deal.

Probably a big deal to the families of those Secret Service

Oct 5, 2020, 10:19 AM

agents who will, at the very least, have to wait out a two week quarantine. No family dinners for at least 14 days for those guys, but Trump got to have his photo op. Its all good.

There are many here and among his supporters

Oct 5, 2020, 10:23 AM

That would have been thrilled for the honor of riding shotgun in the smallpox express

Re: Probably a big deal to the families of those Secret Service

Oct 5, 2020, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Probably a big deal to the families of those Secret Service ]

How do you know the people in the car did not already have the Wuhan Flu?

Yeah Trump probably already gave them the virus

Oct 5, 2020, 10:26 AM

This is ####### hysterical

Agreed. But again - inconveniencing 2 families should not

Oct 5, 2020, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Probably a big deal to the families of those Secret Service ]

warrant 5 minutes of National Coverage with all of the reporters shaking their heads in stunned-disbelief as if they were watching a mass execution on the WH lawn...

Obama gets a marine to hold an umbrella...

Oct 5, 2020, 11:08 AM

Right wing collectively loses their minds.

Trump makes his detail ride around in Corona car with him so he won't look weak to his supporters.

Right wing yawns.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I didn't know any better,

Oct 5, 2020, 11:47 AM

I might believe there was some sort of double standard at play here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife treats covid patients

Oct 5, 2020, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Probably a big deal to the families of those Secret Service ]

and has never quarantined. Neither have I.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, generally...

Oct 5, 2020, 10:27 AM [ in reply to I'm not a fan of Trumps - but I do notice that he is treated ]

###### world leaders usually don't get a lot of love from the news media.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Your lack of concern about masks

Oct 5, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to How we know y’all are in a cult is that the defenses ]

during the riots and marches deems your point moot. You have nothing to say on the matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know what you saw....but the majority in the marches &

Oct 5, 2020, 10:36 AM

"riots"......are wearing masks.

Some not for covid but it still preventative. :)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ lie***

Oct 5, 2020, 10:44 AM

Re: ^^ lie***

Oct 5, 2020, 12:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you often worry about 1/5,000 risks?***

Oct 5, 2020, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Oh ok. Definitely worth the risk then. ;) *** ]

Re: Do you often worry about 1/5,000 risks?***

Oct 5, 2020, 11:50 AM

I wouldn't put you or your family at a 1/5000 risk of Covid for the sake of a publicity stunt.

People can't be at the bedside of their loved ones right now, but Trump can go on a Covid tour because his election means more than the health of his secret service.

Re: Do you often worry about 1/5,000 risks?***

Oct 5, 2020, 11:53 AM

Not just about the risk of dying.

Oct 5, 2020, 11:56 AM

It's the risk of spreading a plague.

In case you just arrived to Earth, let's catch up: 200,000 people have been killed so far in the US. A million worldwide. We are trying to prevent more deaths. One way we do this is by prohibiting people hospitalized with Covid from, say, hopping in SUVs and being driven about by healthy people for the sake of their own career advancement. They are forced to quarantine during their recovery.

Re: Not just about the risk of dying.

Oct 5, 2020, 12:02 PM

Oct 5, 2020, 12:14 PM

I didn't send her, but yes, she does go outdoors. She stays 6 feet away from people and wears a mask.

She and her roommates are very diligent about Covid safety. We drove her down to DC yesterday after having her here for her birthday. The roommates asked that she not take public transportation just to avoid additional risk.

Obviously Trump isn't their role model for keeping safe. On a related note, none of them have caught Covid. Meanwhile, some Trumpers at her school threw a party indoors with no social distancing and no masks. A bunch of them got Covid.

Oct 5, 2020, 12:23 PM

Oct 5, 2020, 12:32 PM

I don't take issue with much of what you said. I'm referring to driving around an actual hospitalized Covid patient for no good reason. That's insane. Once you're sick, you quarantine. Everyone does that except Trump.

Where did you get that 1/5000 number from as a risk factor

Oct 5, 2020, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Do you often worry about 1/5,000 risks?*** ]

for those agents in the SUV with Trump yesterday? Windows up, Covid-infected person shedding virus?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where did you get that 1/5000 number from as a risk factor

Oct 5, 2020, 12:57 PM

Re: Where did you get that 1/5000 number from as a risk factor

Oct 5, 2020, 1:09 PM

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/07/13/covid-risk

That doesn’t dispute what I said does it?

Oct 5, 2020, 1:29 PM

There's a 3 in 1000 chance that a 40-49 year-old with NO

Oct 5, 2020, 2:04 PM

underlying health conditions will die according to current metrics. Under 40 it's 1 in 2500 for those with no other conditions. Over 50 the numbers begin to ramp up significantly obviously. Of course, these numbers are based on reporting, and are for someone actually infected, which you must agree is MUCH easier if you're in a small enclosed space with a heavily infected person long enough to share all the air, as these agents were. I would add that this refers only to deaths and doesn't address longer-term health issues following related to infections.

Re: There's a 3 in 1000 chance that a 40-49 year-old with NO

Oct 5, 2020, 2:27 PM

Re: I rarely watch network news

Oct 5, 2020, 10:09 AM

Just think if there had been a puppy in the car with him!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 10:17 AM

ABC tried to not be a Trump hater a few years ago but the closer it has came to the election they are as bad or worst than the rest. The media tries to divide you into tribes. I hope we survive.

Yep - ABCs Night News was a great place for "just tell me

Oct 5, 2020, 10:31 AM

what happened" reporting. But in the last few months, they've started interjecting their own opinions some...

Re: Yep - ABCs Night News was a great place for "just tell me

Oct 5, 2020, 11:34 AM

They were just reporting for a time but not now.

Oct 5, 2020, 10:47 AM

The MSM propaganda machine is a big problem.

Where is the fairness? Who on the left believes coverage is fair and balanced from the networks?

You guys are all about fair, but the situation in this country with the MSM and social media leftists is essentially a monopoly on political point-of-view.

Freedom of the Press was not meant to be like this - when the Press is, for all practical purposes, completely one sided.

Oct 5, 2020, 10:53 AM

Weren't you the one who posted a few months ago about how you watched a few minutes of ABC News and they reported fake news, then someone found the clip and it wasn't at all how you made it sound?

Lol

Oct 5, 2020, 11:03 AM

Yeah they are pretty much going overboard on that story. It seems overblown.

Has anybody thought that drivers

Oct 5, 2020, 1:49 PM

Might have been given the option whether to
drive Trump or not?

And maybe they chose to go with the POTUS...

There's one thing for sure. None of us know

C’mon man!

Oct 5, 2020, 2:03 PM

Bless your heart***

Oct 5, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Has anybody thought that drivers ]

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic