Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I rank the unbeatens ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

I rank the unbeatens ...

Oct 16, 2019, 11:29 AM

1. Clemson - Defending Champs
2. Alabama - CFP regular
3. Oklahoma - CFP regular
4. Ohio State - Fields has surprised me
5. LSU - Still need to see more
6. Wisconsin - Defense good / no pass game
7. Penn State - Won't make the CFP
8. Minnesota - Haven't seen them play
9. Baylor - Haven't seen them play
10. Boise State - Had to come back against FSU
11. App State - Coots should be nervous
12. SMU - Haven't seen them play

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1. Clemson

Oct 16, 2019, 11:30 AM

2. doesn't matter

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1. Clemson

Oct 16, 2019, 8:31 PM

Nm

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

I see Wisky at #6 on that list being the lowest one that

Oct 16, 2019, 11:43 AM

has a shot at the CFP. Penn State will stub their toe, and the others below #6 are not legit contendas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I rank the unbeatens ...

Oct 16, 2019, 11:50 AM

1: If we played LSU’s schedule and had the exact same results, you and many others would be screaming to be #1 based on that, so not sure “what more” you need to see.

2: Wisconsin had 180 passing yards Last week on top of J Taylor’s yards. Seems pretty balanced and not too shabby to me. Not sure why they have “no passing offense”.

Both points are accurate

Oct 16, 2019, 11:51 AM

Wisconsin has looked really good so far. I think they will beat Ohio State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'm still pretty skeptical of that

Oct 16, 2019, 1:06 PM

I do think this is the best team Wisconsin has fielded in quite some time, but they have not fared well against Ohio State. This game is at the horseshoe and i believe tOSU has won 6 in a row over Wisconsin. This is one of those matchups where Wisconsin just gets out-athleted. If they can't run the ball on Ohio State (somewhat likely) they have no chance.

Re: Both points are accurate

Oct 16, 2019, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Both points are accurate ]

GWPTiger® said:

Wisconsin has looked really good so far. I think they will beat Ohio State.

I agree. I think Wisconsin is the real dark horse here. They are really, really good this year and they'll only get better.

I think they'll beat Ohio State like a red-headed step child.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2019, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I rank the unbeatens ... ]

I need to see the LSU Tigers beat the Clemson Tigers, until that actually happens with Clemson being undefeated in 21 straight games and beating two undefeated team in that 21 game schedule. LSU hasn't done a thing that Clemson hasn't already done to this date, and has done it better!!! There isn't an argument that can be used of another team being better than Clemson until another team has stop/defeated Clemson. LSU or any team in college FB doesn't have the right of being #1 over Clemson. Before we became the man, we had to beat the man, Clemson has soundly beat the man. For it to be said that another team is better than Clemson, don't you think that somebody should at least beat Clemson first, bc that hasn't been done in 21 straight games!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2019, 4:54 AM

This makes too much sense , please delete .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 16, 2019, 11:55 AM

I agree with the teams you List, but I would rank Clemson, and LSU CO #1.
I just feel that LSU is playing as good as anybody, and Clemson hasn't started to play as good as they are capable.

Oct 17, 2019, 10:31 AM

LSU wasn't helping Clemson to win the right to be #1, and there wasn't a Co helping Clemson beat Bama. And if Bama would have been #1 to start the season, there wouldn't be any question of who the #1 team is right now... Clemson was in the ACC when they won the #1 spot, so don't lay fault on Clemson bc of the shape of the ACC now, Clemson has done it's part to hold onto the #1 spot by beating everybody played!!!

1. Clemson 2-12. ROY***

Oct 16, 2019, 12:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oct 16, 2019, 12:46 PM

If you don't have but one right, you have this one right, Clemson = Defending Champs!!! Clemson is the #1 team in the country, and that is bc Clemson has 22 straight wins with one big win being over an undefeated Notre Dame team, in the GOODYEAR COTTON BOWL CLASSIC, in the CFP SEMI FINALS in the 2018 college FB playoffs, and another big win over Alabama, the undefeated defending National Champions taking their title away from them in the CFP NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in Santa Clara, California, and the Clemson Tigers hasn't been beat since, and that makes Clemson by all rights the #1 college FB team in the United States of America!!!

The Clemson University Fighting Tigers are the #1 defending National Champion FB team until they have been defeated, enough said!!!

Oct 16, 2019, 8:11 PM

Sorry, but the 2019 Clemson Tigers have not defeated an undefeated Notre Dame team nor have they beaten an undefeated Alabama. You cannot give them credit for something the 2018 Tigers did. Thus far in this season, Oklahoma, Ohio State, LSU and Alabama have all looked more impressive than us. Take off the orange colored glasses and quit being such a homer. Think logically!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2019, 1:07 PM

What has Ohio State shown so far this year that LSU hasn't in your opinion?

Also, I do agree that a defending NC should be in the CFP with an unbeaten record no matter what just to at least get the opportunity to defend their title, but I don't subscribe to the idea of that team having to be #1 no matter what because of that reason. For that same reason I don't agree with putting Bama and Oklahoma at 2 and 3 just based on making the CFP in recent years.

Oct 16, 2019, 1:39 PM

As much as I hate to say it, LSU has probably been the most impressive team thus far this season just based on teams they've beaten to this point. I'll give credit where it's due...

Oct 16, 2019, 7:34 PM

In a few more weeks that list will be less than half its size. 1. Clemson 2. Dont care

Oct 16, 2019, 8:32 PM

I think we should be ranked anywhere from 1 to 7. No telling if we are better than those teams and last year doesnt matter. It will all sort out though.

Oct 17, 2019, 6:27 AM

^ heretic ;)

DB23

LSU should be number 1 (for now). They’ve beaten 2 top 15

Oct 16, 2019, 8:45 PM

ranked teams. Clemson does not deserve #1 based in 21-0...this is a new season and team. Just win and we will be fine, but don’t take away from other teams accomplishments. LSU deserves #1 for now.

Re: LSU should be number 1 (for now). They’ve beaten 2 top 15

Oct 17, 2019, 8:47 AM

^ Coots and Tides are not gonna like this ^

DB23

Oct 16, 2019, 9:36 PM

Boise is better than both Baylor & Minnesota & I have seen every Boise game this year & a couple of games from Baylor & Minnesota, Boise is just better

Oct 16, 2019, 10:48 PM

Plus SMU is really not a top 25 team. They suck.

We are the only school on that list that is 5-0 vs Power 5

Oct 16, 2019, 11:09 PM

competition this year. Sounds like a fair tie-breaker for now.

You could add that we've run 21 in a row off, with last time out wins against pretty much that whole crew, have likely one of the best played and developed depth of the bunch, and haven't shown any area on offense or defense both where we're not up to snuff with any one of them for the course of 60 minutes. We've also faced our fair share of adversity and stood up to the challenges.

Yeah. We're playing like champs. I'd leave it right where it is, except maybe App State up to 3 via transitive properties and all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are the only school on that list that is 5-0 vs Power 5

Oct 17, 2019, 8:44 AM

I don't see that being a stat that means anything. 3 of the 5 P5 teams we've beaten have losses to non P5 teams. GT actually has 2 losses to non P5 teams, and FSU needed a missed extra point in overtime to avoid having a 2nd one of their own. Of the other 2 P5 teams we've beaten, Syracuse is currently 0-3 vs. P5 teams this season including a 43 point loss to a 3-3 Maryland team.

Oct 17, 2019, 6:11 AM

1.Clemson 21-0
2. Rest at either 5-0, 6-0 or 7-0.

The comparisons and evaluations betweenst are only among those not holding the current longest unbeaten streak in CFB and without the current National Championship trophy sitting in their football facilities .

DB23

Oct 17, 2019, 8:48 AM

Isn't that assuming that every other unbeaten team lost their final game last season? Ohio State for instance is on a 12 game winning streak. Yes, that's still 9 less than Clemson, but Dabo himself says all the time that this is a new team and season, and that this team hasn't done anything yet...except be 6-0 of course.

Oct 17, 2019, 8:30 AM

I think that you can almost rank teams in 3 different ways and I think that you get 3 vastly different rankings. I think that a ranking of who is best right now would be somewhat a combination of talent and performance. I think that if you look at who is really the best team, then you have to add in how the team has historically, performed in big games, and which teams have tended to forget to show up for a game or two. Last of all, I think you can throw common sense out the window, and rank teams on what they have done this year. These are the people that want to downgrade Clemson, because Dabo tends to look at the big picture. They will look at Trevor and Etienne's stats and consider them average ballplayers, and then compare Clemson to a team that hasn't played anybody with a pulse yet. I'm not sure how I would rank teams right now, but my money would be on Clemson meeting Alabama for a 5th straight year and blowing them out again, just to prove a point.

Oct 17, 2019, 8:54 AM

I realize many are saying that Lawrence is having a down year compared to the expectations for him being the favorite to win the Heisman, but I haven't seen anyone calling him or ETN average players. ETN btw is averaging 7 yards per carry, over 100 yards of offense, and 1 touchdown per game so those stats aren't average either.

The rest of your post makes a lot of sense, however it points to an interesting mindset of many of our fans. Many of our fans complain about the media being biased against us, but really a lot of the "disrespect" card being thrown around is from people being upset that the media isn't being biased and ranking us #1 based on things we've done in past seasons. If you were a new fan to college football with no knowledge of anything that happened in past years then I think putting us at #3 would be more than fair.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic