Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In this post, we discuss getting old.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 73
| visibility 1,449

In this post, we discuss getting old.

Mar 1, 2021, 1:55 PM

Greenr has always had great vision. Greenr is the ONLY one in his family with great vision. Greenr married a girl who has terrible vision. Greenr's oldest child inherited the bad vision from her Mom. About 6 months ago, Greenr realized he needed to keep the phone a little farther from his face in order to read Facebook posts and to fully see the good action on reddit.

Fast Forward to yesterday, I mention that to Mom. She brings out a BOX of reading glasses, apparently as old people you collect those. Grab a pair of Dad's reading glasses and it fixes EVERYTHING up close. I mean, I can literally see the grool in the video up close, no need to just assume it is there. Is that squirt? Is it pee? Who cares, I can finally see it. Apparently Dad didn't need glasses until his 40s and I am rapidly approaching that age.

This and the constant backpain and sciatic pain is really a reminder that I will probably die sooner rather than later.

Hair is turning grey
Beard is turning grey
Eyesite is going bad
Knees are going bad
Back hurts constantly
I bought Scotch this weekend
I complain about the weather alot now.

I am getting old.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pulled a gray nose hair today

Mar 1, 2021, 1:56 PM

Vision started declining about 4 years ago. This shid sucks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Done that too. I also found ear hair on the top. I feel

Mar 1, 2021, 1:57 PM

like Eugene Levy

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All my hair is leaving my head and migrating south

Mar 1, 2021, 1:59 PM [ in reply to I pulled a gray nose hair today ]

to my ears, nose, chest and balls.

Good times.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's been at least two years since I last had a

Mar 1, 2021, 1:56 PM

wet dream.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats on being 15***

Mar 1, 2021, 2:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we were discussing purchasing the house

Mar 1, 2021, 2:00 PM

I started feeling really bad really fast. Wife of took my BP it was 220/160.

Luckily I sat down and rest for a few minutes and it went back down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Thats probably the general obesity

Mar 1, 2021, 2:02 PM

and unhealthy lifestyle. Breathing in the pallet wood you burn can't be helping either. Nothing to do with age.

I'd be concerned about that.***

Mar 1, 2021, 2:12 PM [ in reply to When we were discussing purchasing the house ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Damson

Mar 1, 2021, 2:21 PM [ in reply to When we were discussing purchasing the house ]

I get worried when mine is 140/90.

Get that #### checked out, dude.

All I have to do is not buy/sell a house***

Mar 1, 2021, 2:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Mine was 160/110 one day

Mar 1, 2021, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Damson ]

nurse help me in her office for three hours scared I was having a stroke.

Put me on amlodipine

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should be at the doc today/tomorrow....

Mar 1, 2021, 2:39 PM [ in reply to When we were discussing purchasing the house ]

seriously.

220/160 likely isn't stress

I'm no doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well I got good news and bad news.

Mar 1, 2021, 3:12 PM [ in reply to When we were discussing purchasing the house ]

The good news is you don't gotta worry about getting divorced. The bad news is you gonna die soon.

Why do I picture you doing some folk remedy

Mar 1, 2021, 3:23 PM [ in reply to When we were discussing purchasing the house ]

For this, like mixing vaporub and sundrop and rubbing it on the back of your neck with a coonskin cap?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 worst things for me

can't hold my liquer as much. Probably at 50% capacity now
Freakin reading glasses. i can get by most of the time but in low light. fuggitaboutit

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to derail this conversation, but re: grool, I don't

know how women walk around with those things. If I have a wet fart, the bathroom with be priority 1 in the coming minutes of my life. There's no way I'm just going to sit in it all day. I can't imagine a life where the result of me getting unsolicited dink pics from strangers on Tigernet would make me mess my britches, and I'd be cool to just sit around in it the rest of the day.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't be able to walk around with it for at least a

Mar 1, 2021, 2:31 PM

couple months. Unless having both hands down the front of your pants in public is acceptable now. I don't think they changed that rule (yet).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'd get all prunie.***

Mar 1, 2021, 2:44 PM

You seen those videos where they girl lets the guy

Mar 1, 2021, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Not to derail this conversation, but re: grool, I don't ]

spill his manmilk into her underbritches and then she just pulls them up like she is going to go to yoga class with that in there? Seems unsanitary and quite off-pudding.

#VanillaPudding
#ButterscotchPudding

It didn't really dawn on my until well into my 20's as to

Mar 1, 2021, 2:47 PM

why women thought it was so disgusting to be trying on bathing suits. They'd always complain about it being up against someone else's body.

I realized someone else's body = the sloppy drooling beave.

They know they can legally steal a lot of money with it.***

Mar 1, 2021, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Not to derail this conversation, but re: grool, I don't ]

Re: In this post, we discuss getting old.

Mar 1, 2021, 2:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turn 50 on the ninth

Mar 1, 2021, 2:04 PM

I can tell you it don’t get any better. All the things in your list, and add hip pain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

SONOFABISH***

Mar 1, 2021, 2:07 PM

Every 5 years the pain doubles

Mar 1, 2021, 2:07 PM

old people seemed to complain a lot about pain, then I understood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stop running

Mar 1, 2021, 2:10 PM

it will kill you

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Not running tried to kill me.***

Mar 1, 2021, 2:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think TIME is what kills us all, whether we run or not.

Mar 1, 2021, 2:12 PM [ in reply to stop running ]

So I balance the running with drinking and drugs

killed Jim Fixx

Mar 1, 2021, 2:17 PM

dead

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Being human is what kills us.

Mar 1, 2021, 3:23 PM [ in reply to I think TIME is what kills us all, whether we run or not. ]

Mummies from Egypt and Greenland were all found with the early signs of arteriosclerosis. These were people that were in far better health than the average person now, who had much better diets. The mummies in Greenland diets consisted mainly of fish, and the Egyptians consisted of grains and fruits. And no preservatives, or high fructose corn syrup. And they both had calcification of their arteries, and both groups heavily exercised.

If you live long enough either cancer or heart disease will kill you. Its a sign of being human, not of whatever we think it is today, or this year.

My boomer parents say this

Mar 1, 2021, 2:30 PM [ in reply to stop running ]

They also have not been physically active in the 30 years I have been alive so they are convinced that anything good for you is actually not good for you.

About the same time I started tromboning.

Mar 1, 2021, 2:10 PM

Transitioned from reading glasses to progressives because carying around the reading glasses and taking them on and off was a pain. Then developed astigmatism in one eye requiring a prescription. Then astigmatism in the other eye. Had a few years where my eye sight deteriorated that I was counting down the days for insurance to kick in. Luckily they've stayed constant for a few years now. Finding a good pair to run in was my most recent challenge.

Had back problems all of my life, running surprisingly fixed that. Knees are good so far. Like my gray, I assume it adds to the soul crushing runners younger than me feel when I pass them.

Never needed reading glasses until I hit about 50, now I can't

Mar 1, 2021, 2:13 PM

survive without em. Have about 10 pair so they're handy and I don't have to search... in the car, in every room of the house, etc. Somehow I still end up with 4 in the kitchen and none where I'm at.

Chit hurts for no reason. Just because it's Tuesday.

My ear hair should be protected as an old growth forest, like the Calif redwoods.

I know everything, and everybody younger than me is too stupid to even justify living.

I can still f%#k longer, spit further, beat any of you phaggits in a game of HORSE, and checkmate you in 25 moves or less. By God.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

I’ve gotten used to finding grey hairs

Mar 1, 2021, 2:14 PM

it only bothers me when I find one in my Big Mac

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Readers are like the gateway drug

Mar 1, 2021, 2:14 PM

first you go with 1.25x. Works great. About a year or so later, you think, hmmm, maybe 1.5x will do better...and they do! You gradually work your way up and in the mean time, you start using them for reading dashboards, etc. that are a little further away.....then comes the big boy drugs - progressives.

Just wait in 15 years or so, you will look back at the 1.25 readers and remember. Gateway drug.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These were 2.5x and I could ONLY use them to read up close

Mar 1, 2021, 2:17 PM

everything else was like taking mushrooms

I love my progressives.

Mar 1, 2021, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Readers are like the gateway drug ]

My wife says when I take my glasses off that my eyes dart around trying to find the proper spot.

For the first couple of years I was always hitting my shoulder on doorways and displays is stores because my peripheral vision was crap.

I'm so used to my progressives that I often

Mar 1, 2021, 2:30 PM

forget to take them off going into the shower...

Truth...I've gone all the way up to 1.75 in two years...

Mar 1, 2021, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Readers are like the gateway drug ]

and I keep 'em at the end of my nose most of the time in the car so I can read the phone (I mean the dash).

I walked into the daycare to drop my 2.5 year old off and the four year old who stays there started laughing at me because I had readers at the end of my nose and my sunglasses pushed up tight to my face.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate Joe Na math and Medicare commercials

Mar 1, 2021, 2:21 PM

Butt it's better than being dead. I got things to deal with pain. Hair grows in all the places it shouldn't and won't grow in places it should. Beard looks good in gray.

Ya'll already know I'm old as #### at 66+

Mar 1, 2021, 2:28 PM

Wear progressive lenses
Gray hair, but full head of hair (my bros lost a lot of theirs by 35)
BP runs 110/70 pretty consistently.
Joints are fine as long as I keep taking my Xeljanz XR
Can walk just about any distance/cant stand running..
Play golf, chop wood, landscape yard by myself

Still old, but not in mind ;)

Find me in this pic...

Mar 1, 2021, 3:11 PM

LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Am I supposed to know what you look like?

Mar 1, 2021, 3:25 PM

Girl on left about to tdrake...

Yes.***

Mar 1, 2021, 8:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Find me in this pic...

Mar 1, 2021, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Find me in this pic... ]

woah, wait a min... you have all of these issues and you're

Mar 1, 2021, 2:30 PM

not 40 yet? Dude, you need to make an appointment with Phil Connors. Like yesterday.

Phil Connors? Did he go to school with Ned Ryerson?***

Mar 1, 2021, 2:34 PM

crap, old man brain fart... yes, I meant Ned. See? You see

Mar 1, 2021, 2:37 PM

how this happens? It's the little things at first, and it goes downhill from there.

Grey hair started at 28, balding started at 40...

Mar 1, 2021, 2:36 PM

reading glasses became a necessity at 50. Back pain comes and goes though the knee pain is always there to some extent.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, boomer***

Mar 1, 2021, 2:37 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THERE IT IS

Mar 1, 2021, 2:39 PM

Well, obviously....

Mar 1, 2021, 3:08 PM

You shouda bought bourbon.

Are you saying the lack of bourbon is changing my eyesight?

Mar 1, 2021, 3:58 PM

I'm going to trust you on this one and drink more bourbon, after the scotch is gone, which we put a decent dent in Saturday night.

I kinda stopped shaving

Mar 1, 2021, 3:12 PM

I mean when I get some long hairs on my face, and I trim them, but the real reason I stopped shaving was I wanted to see how many different colors of hair my face would grow. so far I've got light brown, dark brown, what might be black, gray, white and kind of a dark gray.

Naa..I really quit because I'm lazy, the multi color hairs was just sort of entertaining all on its own.

I went in a liquor store and bought wine last week and

Mar 1, 2021, 3:20 PM

didn't get carded.

I mean I suppose there aren't a ton of underage people buying Rose but it still stings.

I get carded at the grocery store for beer and my kids laugh

Mar 1, 2021, 3:29 PM

at me. I'm all "you see these fucktrophies? this is why I drink and to have one that is almost 10, I certainly have to be above 21."

Now that right there is funny...

Mar 2, 2021, 8:49 PM

"fu$ktrophies". Immature as fu$k but funny as can be. Thanks for the LOL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait’ll your scrote grazes the toilet water.***

Mar 1, 2021, 3:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you had to wait on that?***

Mar 2, 2021, 8:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

about getting old. At some point, you realize

Mar 1, 2021, 3:45 PM

you're not counting up anymore, you're counting down.

And seriously, if you need readers, start with the very weakest ones that work. Don't make your eyes any lazier than they're sliding into anyways.

94% of lunge posts are made by dudes wearing readers.***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:49 PM

Re: 94% of lunge posts are made by dudes wearing readers.***

Mar 2, 2021, 10:09 AM

That is hilarious. So funny!

Break your leg sledding with your daughter

Mar 1, 2021, 10:19 PM

yeah. That is getting old.

Re: Break your leg sledding with your daughter

Mar 2, 2021, 3:33 AM

Not YET...but I have come reasonably close.***

Mar 2, 2021, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Break your leg sledding with your daughter ]

Got glasses at 12, bifocals at 42, what made me feel old was

Mar 2, 2021, 7:54 AM

having to get hearing aids at 62.

What's that you say?

Mar 2, 2021, 8:52 PM

:)

Turned 40 last year

Mar 2, 2021, 9:34 AM

Note: I also lost about 60lbs of straight fat too in 2019-20 so these results might be skewed

Overall I feel great! I sleep decently well, sight is not fading too bad, still have my hearing (I think), don't mind the gray hairs too much since I mostly get compliments from the womenz, even the ones in their upper 20s like it (daddy issues). I have been wearing a knee sleeve to run or play sports since college anyway and I learned to stretch my back and do yoga about 10 years ago to alleviate back pain so I can't attribute that to old age either.

I try and swim and stay in the water more in the summer and that helps with the body.

The only thing that I would say i've noticed is when i have sex, I'm pretty much one and done for the day. Occasionally I'll be ready for a 2nd round later but my days of multiple ####### are gone. I guess they make pills for that so I guess that's the next step.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-shoelesscu.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Braggart.***

Mar 2, 2021, 8:54 PM

I tried hard to TU this post but

Mar 2, 2021, 8:58 PM

you ain't even forty so quit bitchin'. Although you did bring out the best in a lot of frens on here so maybe a TU is appropriate. Be optimistic, you only feel worse as you get older!

Found a gray chest hair today.

Mar 2, 2021, 10:16 PM

But I also did 50 pushups without thinking I needed shoulder surgery so there is that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long thread.***

Mar 3, 2021, 1:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many Joungers, like me, are afraid of being old like you

Mar 3, 2021, 7:40 AM

geezers.

winkyfaceemoji

Replies: 73
| visibility 1,449
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic