Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Next season Oh St, Clemson, Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,575

Next season Oh St, Clemson, Bama

Jan 3, 2021, 10:51 AM

All start with relatively new qbs. I'm sure the way they recruit all will have good players but how well will thy develop. Okla will have some experience w Rattler. I believe A&M and Fla also will be inexperienced. Then there is good ole Ga several guys but still somewhat open. With RPO's emergence of an experienced qb becomes key if you want to be in the CFP.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I probably have orange colored glasses on

Jan 3, 2021, 11:16 AM

but I think we are in the best situation. DJ got a lot of meaningful snaps in big games and had to overcome a 16 point deficit against BC, so he has proven he can handle the pressure. i think OSU is in the worst spot

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I probably have orange colored glasses on

Jan 3, 2021, 11:22 AM

Agreed. Due to their reduced schedule, their backups could not have gotten much meaningful playing time and they likely missed a ton of practice. They’ll have to hope someone on the bench was already ready. Alabama will be fun to watch with little Young running around. UNC and Sam Howell could be good next year just because they’ll have one of the top returning QBs in football. Unfortunately for them, they play in the ACC and not the Big 12 or PAC 12. DJ definitely has the ability to lead us to a championship, but I don’t know about our backups next year, so we’ll see!

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 12:33 PM [ in reply to I probably have orange colored glasses on ]

a7xgates® said:

but I think we are in the best situation. DJ got a lot of meaningful snaps in big games and had to overcome a 16 point deficit against BC, so he has proven he can handle the pressure. i think OSU is in the worst spot

Except they have:

5 star CJ Stroud
5 star Kyle McCord
4 star Jack Miller

Then in 2022 the #1 ranked QB in the nation in 5 star Quinn Ewers.

#1 WR 5 star Julien Fleming 2020
#1 WR 5 star Emeka Egbuka 2021
#1 WR 5 star Caleb Burton 2022
5 star Garrett Wilson
5 star Jaxon Smith Njigba
And 6 more 4 stars WRs

Add also the #1 RB in the nation for 2021 in 5 Star Treveyon Henderson.

I think they are just fine and will be fine for years to come.

Jan 3, 2021, 12:46 PM

a7xgates® said:

Except they have:

5 star CJ Stroud
5 star Kyle McCord
4 star Jack Miller

5 star Garrett Wilson
And 6 more 4 stars WRs

Pick 1, maybe 2 at the most, from the qb list and watch the others transfer. Clemson just had this exact same situation and transfers will happen. The one who starts still doesn't guarantee instant success, nor will it guarantee sustained success. It's going to take them a couple of years to be relevant again. If they do make the playoffs, then they will get a beat down like an extremely young Clemson team just got. That is inevitable. Lawrence was the first true freshman since Vince Young to led his team to the title right? Lawrence had a salty defense with the Power Rangers. I don't see any of those guys you listed having anything that is even remotely close or even similar to that. It doesn't even make a difference if they aren't true freshman. They will not step in and have a nasty defense to back them. I don't see them in the playoffs next year. They are good for a 25+ point loss to some team with a losing record.

Jan 3, 2021, 1:33 PM

a7xgates® said:

Except they have:

5 star CJ Stroud
5 star Kyle McCord
4 star Jack Miller

5 star Garrett Wilson
And 6 more 4 stars WRs

Pick 1, maybe 2 at the most, from the qb list and watch the others transfer. Clemson just had this exact same situation and transfers will happen. The one who starts still doesn't guarantee instant success, nor will it guarantee sustained success. It's going to take them a couple of years to be relevant again. If they do make the playoffs, then they will get a beat down like an extremely young Clemson team just got. That is inevitable. Lawrence was the first true freshman since Vince Young to led his team to the title right? Lawrence had a salty defense with the Power Rangers. I don't see any of those guys you listed having anything that is even remotely close or even similar to that. It doesn't even make a difference if they aren't true freshman. They will not step in and have a nasty defense to back them. I don't see them in the playoffs next year. They are good for a 25+ point loss to some team with a losing record.

You are high as a #### kite if you think OSU wont be at the same elite level again year after year. They literally put 3 guys last year in the first round on defense. They have had 15 1st round picks the last 5 years on both sides of the ball and still make playoffs, win conference and just blew Clemson out. Why dont you go look at the 247 total talent composite for this year then go take a look at the 2021 & 2022 recruiting classes. “Going to take them a couple years to be relevant again” is probably the dumbest thing ive read in here. OSU has the most NY6 bowl wins and the most BCS bowl wins out of ANY school since its inception in 1998. They have finished top 5 overall 16 times out of the last 20 years. Won the first ever playoff, been in the hunt since and now made 2nd title game after losing 19 starters to the draft in the last 2 years. They are going no where.

Jan 3, 2021, 1:56 PM

High? Ok, if you say so. It's sad that reality hasn't sunk in for you yet. You should do some research little man. Heck, even the ButtNut reporters that were coving the Sugar bowl were talking about how next season could be a disaster. They said it could be as bad as a 4 loss season for 1-4 St. Though they thought they ight only lose 1 or possibly 2 on the better side. You think all that youth will just hit the ground running and killing teams even though they missed over half of this season to? Stupid should be your middle name. Stupid ButtNut is catchy. Go watch some -4 St observations fro the guys who cover your trash school. I was being more generous. It's a given that you choke artists will lose t least one game by 25+ points.

Pretty U R correct about OSU's talent level & recruiting; & likely an OSU fan****

Jan 3, 2021, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I probably have orange colored glasses on ]

Jan 3, 2021, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I probably have orange colored glasses on ]

a7xgates® said:

Except they have:

5 star CJ Stroud
5 star Kyle McCord
4 star Jack Miller

5 star Garrett Wilson
And 6 more 4 stars WRs

You are high as a #### kite if you think OSU wont be at the same elite level again year after year. They literally put 3 guys last year in the first round on defense. They have had 15 1st round picks the last 5 years on both sides of the ball and still make playoffs, win conference and just blew Clemson out. Why dont you go look at the 247 total talent composite for this year then go take a look at the 2021 & 2022 recruiting classes. “Going to take them a couple years to be relevant again” is probably the dumbest thing ive read in here. OSU has the most NY6 bowl wins and the most BCS bowl wins out of ANY school since its inception in 1998. They have finished top 5 overall 16 times out of the last 20 years. Won the first ever playoff, been in the hunt since and now made 2nd title game after losing 19 starters to the draft in the last 2 years. They are going no where.

Jan 3, 2021, 2:02 PM

It was in Buckeye Scoop. I'm not looking up the video for you. If you thought I was high, just wait until you get a load of how dumb ButtNuts are... nevermind, you kind of already know.

Jan 3, 2021, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I probably have orange colored glasses on ]

Also, it's like I stated in my first post, if 1-4 St does make the playoffs next year, they will get a beat down that might make losing 31-0 look appealing. I'm not sure how many rules it would take to get them back in next year, but I imagine the Big Ten has already got a jump start in that.

Jan 3, 2021, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I probably have orange colored glasses on ]

Also, it's like I stated in my first post, if 1-4 St does make the playoffs next year, they will get a beat down that might make losing 31-0 look appealing. I'm not sure how many rules it would take to get them back in next year, but I imagine the Big Ten has already got a jump start in that.

Re: Next season Oh St, Clemson, Bama

Jan 3, 2021, 11:20 AM

Dj I'll be the first Tiger t lead Clemson to multiple National titles. Both Watson and Lawrence had their chances, but I think DJ will be the first Heisman wie and multiple CFP Champion. He's that good. The defense will be loaded. WR concerns me some, but there I'll be tons of talent there. It's past time for Ngata to step up. Injuries have sowed him, but it's time for him to make an impact. Sad thing is that we may only get one good/egreat season out of him before he goes to. Ladson as well. Online will be getting. huge infusion of top tier talent. I'm not sure that people realize just how good Clemson's offensive tackles will be, by having Leigh and Parks. The best set in the Dabo era hands down perhaps. Two true tackles, one on each side. The prices are coming together. experience is all that is needed. People wanted to know what Dabo could do if he actually had too 5 classes in recruiting, rather than top 15 like normal. Well, we are about to find out. Get ready for a Tiger run that will continue to push this Clemson dynasty into uncharted territories. Go Tigers ??

Jan 3, 2021, 11:52 AM

The future is bright.

The OL was a weakness this year. Recruiting has been very good there in 20 and 21. LB's have a lot of talent that got good reps this year. The secondary and safeties have me concerned, but I hope they develop well.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 11:21 AM

That's all nice about new starting QB's but in the last two CFP games our problem hasn't been the play of the QB,but rather the lack of controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Jan 3, 2021, 12:54 PM

Keep in mind, between now and the next global pandemic, OSU will not have the luxury of ignoring a six game conference slate of pansies and spending 12 months to prepare for one team.

Jan 3, 2021, 12:54 PM

Keep in mind, between now and the next global pandemic, OSU will not have the luxury of ignoring a six game conference slate of pansies and spending 12 months to prepare for one team.

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,575
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic