Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sedition: And those who still try to aid it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Sedition: And those who still try to aid it.

Jan 14, 2021, 9:15 AM

"Conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch."

I have always considered myself at the conservative Republican end of the political spectrum. But, given the events of recent days, evidently my definition of that, and what it now is, are two vastly different things.

What I started this post with is the web dictionary definition of the word Sedition. Basically it means actions that incite people to overthrow the existing government. What President Donald Trump did prior, and during the Capitol riots is the textbook example of that word. It is, beyond even the palest shadow of a doubt, a truly Impeachable Offense. For once, the US Congress acted quickly and decisively on a matter of national security, with at least the House of Representatives having already voted for impeachment as of the time of this post. That was absolutely as it should have done.

And yet, if press stories are to be believed, the 10 Republican lawmakers who voted for this totally warranted action are facing severe backlash from their local constituents. I find this very disturbing. To my view, the ones who DIDN'T vote for impeachment this time around should be the ones facing backlash from their constituents.

If there was ever an instance in all of US history where party affiliation should have been shelved in favor of patriotism, or plain old human conscience, it should have been this vote. The fact that MOST Republicans still voted in de facto support of Trump on this impeachment vote horrifies me. It pretty much tells me that ANY hope of ANY future legislation actually getting a fair shot on merit alone is dead. That is not what Congress was meant to be.

I don't know what the future holds when it comes to politics. But, one thing is for sure. I held my nose and voted ideology over individual the last two presidential elections. That got us a monster in office like Donald Trump, Up until a few days ago, I still believed that was the better option than Hillary Clinton. And, economically, I STILL think that. But, from a purely political standpoint, Donald Trump has demeaned and caused irreparable harm to the office of President of the United States. It will never again have the innate respect of the world that it once did.

Just as the Republican Party will never again have the respect I once gave it without thinking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sedition: And those who still try to aid it.

Jan 14, 2021, 9:20 AM

Superb post, and this is what I'm talking about when I say "real conservatives" on this board. You are one.

Those with integrity and a strong moral compass stand against what happened on Jan. 6, and they put country before party. And true conservative ideology opposes what happened.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Jan 14, 2021, 11:46 AM

Superb post cause you hate trump? Anyway, Trump’s policies have been the most conservative since Reagan.

There’s millions of people in this country that don’t believe trump incited anything, but you only hear “news” from the left.

I have to agree with other posters, in that reps should reflect their electorate, not say whatever gets them invited to the Sunday MSM rotation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 12:01 PM

There’s millions of people in this country that don’t believe trump incited anything.

Hmm, I wonder if there's ANY overlap whatsoever with those "millions" and the "millions" of braindead idiots who think the election was stolen.

It's like...your statement proves NOTHING except this country is filled with Trump-loving morons, which everyone already knows.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Sedition: And those who still try to aid it. ]

Superb post cause you hate trump?

Superb because it's well-written and exhibits integrity while putting country before party. It shows that the nation and our process is above one man. 76er said he voted for Trump twice, but he also acknowledges that the Capitol actions were inexcusable. That's integrity and character. You don't have it. You were happy with the riots.

Anyway, Trump’s policies have been the most conservative since Reagan.

No, they aren't, and I challenge you to prove it. Start with the spending he proposed.

There’s millions of people in this country that don’t believe trump incited anything, but you only hear “news” from the left.

Those millions are stupid and wrong. Sixty-seven percent of Americans blame Trump. That's an overwhelming number.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Jan 14, 2021, 5:01 PM

Reagan spent as well. Conservatives like to think they don’t but they do, just different priorities. Trump appointed prob the most conservative SC ever, along with many lower courts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Sedition: And those who still try to aid it. ]

How conservative would you rate "the business man's" fiscal performance over the past 4 years?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It really depends on the state and district

Jan 14, 2021, 9:21 AM

The constituents of every house member have the right to object to their rep's decisions...

Absolutely, and one of the points I tried to make,

Jan 14, 2021, 9:32 AM

perhaps badly. If, somehow, Republican supporters DON'T object to their reps voting NO on this impeachment vote, our country is way further down the sewer hole than even I thought it was.

There is no way that any rational, free thinking individual who wants to continue to live in a democratic country should support what went on at the Capitol. It was pure seditious mob violence, incited by a person who is supposed to be the leader of the free world. It was Donald Trump's ultimate betrayal of the oath of office that he took four years ago.

It scares me that there are literally millions of people out there, who, even now still blindly support this monster. It proves that somehow, some way, mass brainwashing must exist. May God have mercy on us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree....

Jan 14, 2021, 9:37 AM

But there is a lot of hypocrisy on both sides to go around. That is sad as well.

For sure. I said awhile back in one of my few posts on

Jan 14, 2021, 9:43 AM

the P&R boreds that the Democrats should have expected some shenanigans from Trump supporters if he lost the election. They laid the groundwork for it themselves four years ago with all the "Not My President" protests, and Pelosi herself tweeting that the 2016 election was "Hijacked".

Re: Agree....

Jan 14, 2021, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Agree.... ]

bengal,

Agreed, but that seems relatively small potatoes right this minute.

It starts by discrediting objective reporting and mainstream

Jan 14, 2021, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Absolutely, and one of the points I tried to make, ]

news outlets and replacing them with hyperpartisan infotainment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 9:45 AM

You have social media disorder like the rest of them. If Trump actually said "Let's go to the capital and kick ###" I would be 100% with you.

He didn't and after Trump's speech everything was cool. No violence, no shouting, no freaking out, nothing.

Until some people got to the capital and the planted leftists started the pushing, shoving, etc. Then it went downhill.

Do you libs honestly believe there were zero non-Trumpers at the Trump rally? Surely you are not that stupid.

Now that we have that settled, do you honestly believe the non-Trumpers at the rally stood there for hours upon hours, listened to Trump and went peacefully home?

Surely you are not that stupid.

Sure.

Jan 14, 2021, 9:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVDJqipoohc

LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Jan 14, 2021, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Sedition: And those who still try to aid it. ]

76er is more conservative, more Clemson, and has far more respect and clout on this board than you ever will. You just vomit hate, anger, and childishness.

Jan 14, 2021, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Sedition: And those who still try to aid it. ]

You obviously didn't read my post at all if you think I am a liberal. But, sticks and stones and all that. As I admitted, I voted for Trump, in 2016 and 2020. Kind of blows that liberal theory away. My hope was that his economic decisions would be best for the country, and would overcome his megalomania. I even initially thought that all the post election posturing about a stolen election was just a bargaining chip he was trying to barter in exchange for a Biden pardon for himself. But, as it just went on, and on, and on, it became clear that he really is delusional, and truly did think he had a path to remain in power beyond January 20th.

My main hope with this impeachment is, if nothing else, it will ensure that there is NO chance of him ever running for the office of President again.

Appreciate the objectivity. Tough to be scrutinized for

Jan 14, 2021, 10:09 AM

breaking the ranks I suppose. But hey, we've all been there.

Sad that one cannot be a) a conservative, b) disagree with Trump's actions, and c) be ridiculed by the ever-Trumpers.

I think the guy in North Korea is the only other political figure with the same effect on the minions.

It must be really neat to be one of the select few

Jan 14, 2021, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Sedition: And those who still try to aid it. ]

that are "in the know".

When the free world sees things a certain way, heck when loyal Trump defenders (for YEARS) begin to change....it's good people like yourself that REALLY know what's going on. And you are good enough to try and enlighten everyone else.

The conspiracy runs deep and it runs wide. And only a select number of independent thinkers with no connection can truly see the light. Modern day prophets!

Much appreciated, keep up the great work.

Jan 14, 2021, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Sedition: And those who still try to aid it. ]

NC said this: Do you libs honestly believe there were zero non-Trumpers at the Trump rally? Surely you are not that stupid.

Please answer me this: How many non-Trumpers would you say were there ?

Agree 100%. Also the Democrats should remember their are...

Jan 14, 2021, 10:00 AM

many decent Republican lawmakers and good Republican voters. A difference in political policy does not make someone an enemy. The above is a two way street.

Gross over generalizations regarding both thought and motives are weak minded. Anecdotal evidence should not surpass statistical and scientific evidence.

I have never liked any politician. But that’s my cross to bear being conservative on fiscal policy and foreign policy AND liberal on almost all social issues. “I can’t get no satisfaction”.

Re: Agree 100%. Also the Democrats should remember their are...

Jan 14, 2021, 11:06 AM

Tropical,

I find more and more people describing themselves that way - fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Seems like we should be able to find some politicians to represent all of those people.

Here is the law US code 2384

Jan 14, 2021, 10:05 AM

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

Links

Jan 14, 2021, 10:06 AM

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2383

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2384

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is the law US code 2384

Jan 14, 2021, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Here is the law US code 2384 ]

So, do you think it does not apply in this case? I have already stated my view that I believe it does.

I believe that anyone that went into the Capitol

Jan 14, 2021, 10:20 AM

is guilty. I don't think that Trump is guilty based on his speech alone. I don't think he wanted violence. I believe he wanted his followers to peacefully demonstrate. But...it's close at best probably close enough to impeach him. If the country decided to re-vote because of shenanigans, I would not vote for Trump like I did.

I don't have a problem with impeachment. I would not hold it against anybody that voted either way on it.

I think a senate trial would be really stupid. He is not in office. I think there are more important issues for our congress right now. It makes no sense to me to kick someone out of office that has already been kicked out of office just for spite, but spite and hate is what fuels most politicians.

It is important in that a conviction would at least

Jan 14, 2021, 10:34 AM

assure that he can never run again for President. I do not want his name ever to be associated with the Republican party again in any official capacity. Don't even want the possibility of it. It would have to be made official by something like the impeachment to get the "ever-Trumpers" to move on to someone else.

And, let me say again, I admit to voting for him, twice. But, it would never happen again.

I don't think they can convict someone that is not in office

Jan 14, 2021, 10:38 AM

I don't think he will ever run again. I don't think republicans would vote for him, and if they did he would deserve to win the primary, that's why we vote.

I would gladly join a new party that was fiscally conservative while being socially compassionate.

Reconcile the word “fight” with “peaceful” when addressing..

Jan 14, 2021, 10:41 AM [ in reply to I believe that anyone that went into the Capitol ]

an emotional and fanatical gathering of people.

Re: I believe that anyone that went into the Capitol

Jan 14, 2021, 11:10 AM [ in reply to I believe that anyone that went into the Capitol ]

Neal

That seems reasonable enough. I think there are long-term reason (& not just spite) for removing him from office, but that is a smaller point.

I think as we move forward and things begin to settle down (hopefully), we will see more people settling into a position similar to yours. I certainly hope so.

I object to so much of this, but I will stick

Jan 14, 2021, 11:27 AM

with one point.

I believe that the media and the Democrats have been setting this up for a couple of years. They weren’t on purpose necessarily, but they were.

The summer of riots and burning and looting, the gutting and demonization of our Police, the finger wagging at people like the McCloskey’s, the incessant outrage of Trump as President and the “not my President” moniker from day one in office.......all of this cause the outrage last week.

People are tired of being treated like trash, told they are worthless, racist, bigots, stand down and let the rioters express their views. People are tired of it, did Trump fan the flames, sure, but they were already hot and fired up.

I think most people saw this as a chance to voice their displeasure of the DNC, the media and the fact they they feel like they are not being heard.

I am probably not doing my thoughts justice as I am in a hurry, but that is how I feel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post. I share a lot of your thoughts.

Jan 14, 2021, 2:52 PM

I went from loathing Trump and not voting for him in 2016 to not liking him but conceding the good things that had happened under his watch and supporting him in 2020. I thought for sure that all this talk about his refusal to concede the election was just typical hyperbole that we've heard for the past 4 years.

Wrong.

As to the impeachment, I have no problem with the concept, but I am concerned about the execution. I think all agree that Impeachment shouldn't be taken lightly. Critics of Trump will say that it wasn't and that the gravity of the actions warranted the action. I'm not saying that's wrong. I'm saying that speed with which the action was taken, along with a lack of significant dialog and analysis of the specific events, was a disservice to the process. And I could argue also sets an uncomfortable precedent. Politicans...all leaders, really...can use impassioned language...let's go get 'em. Go. Fight. Win. They'll never see us coming. Blah blah blah. It will be interesting to see if this comes back to bite any politicians in the future.

But, regardless, if it muzzles Trump, then so be it.

One more week and the drama is over. We'll see if we can all come together a bit more without this lightening rod in the Oval.

null

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic