Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is what I like about a $15 an hr min wage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Here is what I like about a $15 an hr min wage

Jan 15, 2021, 3:11 PM

Seattle and LA and NY will have the same minimum wage as Easley SC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree $15 is way too high for a Federal rate.

Jan 15, 2021, 3:14 PM

I could support $10.00.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so everyone from Seattle and LA and NY are moving to Easley?***

Jan 15, 2021, 3:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: so everyone from Seattle and LA and NY are moving to Easley?***

Jan 15, 2021, 3:20 PM

Of course they would.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

About 12 years ago I tried to hire 2 college kids

Jan 15, 2021, 3:24 PM

from Trident Tech. I didn't care who they were..they just had to work 3rd shift and make $15/hr...12 years ago.

I called the dean of computer science TTC and of course got handed off to a secretary, and then I explained that I wanted to hire two comp sci students for a computer operator gig. Basically they would be monitoring servers, but there was a chance for some application development and database work (if they had the aptitude for it).

Two weeks came and went, and I got exactly zero respondents. I called the dean's secretary back and she said that she had posted the jobs in several places around campus, as well as having some of the advanced Comp Sci profs tell their classes about them. So much for "starving college kids" , huh?

The point of all this? Even at $15.00/hr 12 years ago I couldn't get anyone to work. 12 years later, if you want even the barest minimum out of someone, $15/hr prob won't get it done, either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting

Jan 15, 2021, 3:39 PM

Just about anyone who can pass a drug test can go to work at Walmart or work in fast food and make 11-12/hour. The interesting thing will be to see the wage inflation which will surely affect even salaries positions which start in the 30k range. How’d you like to be a teacher in Easley making more working fast food in the summer than you do shaping the minds of America’s youth the rest of the year?

You should have called the Financial Aid Office or

Jan 15, 2021, 4:48 PM [ in reply to About 12 years ago I tried to hire 2 college kids ]

HR and inquired about College Work-Study students. Deans ain’t gonna do you much good unless they have a lot of time on their hands.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I needed money when I was in college - but I also needed

Jan 15, 2021, 5:04 PM [ in reply to About 12 years ago I tried to hire 2 college kids ]

sleep.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: About 12 years ago I tried to hire 2 college kids

Jan 15, 2021, 5:12 PM [ in reply to About 12 years ago I tried to hire 2 college kids ]

The point I took from that is no one wants to start at ground level and work their way up. Says more about those college students than the pay to me.

I think that would be a GOOD thing...***

Jan 15, 2021, 5:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic