Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CDC says there is almost no Flu in the U S
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

CDC says there is almost no Flu in the U S

Feb 2, 2021, 9:33 AM

What a miracle!!

Imagine if we had Covid and the Flu to deal with at the same time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's just like the flu.

Feb 2, 2021, 9:39 AM

Covid has saved us from the 25,000 flu deaths we normally have. We can subtract that from the 440,000 covid deaths and it's almost a wash.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's just like the flu.

Feb 2, 2021, 9:43 AM

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See the little group of 5 pluses

Feb 2, 2021, 11:53 AM

In January of 2018.....those represent the worst flu season we've had in 10+ years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we are in a pandemic

Feb 2, 2021, 1:16 PM

so your statement is a bit flawed.

5 weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biden's plan is working!!!!

Feb 2, 2021, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: It's just like the flu. ]

Triple MASKS for the win!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Biden's plan is working!!!!

Feb 2, 2021, 1:05 PM

"go choke yourself"-ghost of carlsbad

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2021, 11:10 PM [ in reply to It's just like the flu. ]

Don’t forget pneumonia deaths

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 9:08 AM

Or heart attacks & car fatalities.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably alot of flu cases are going unreported***

Feb 2, 2021, 9:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Scamdemic.***

Feb 2, 2021, 9:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can someone who seriously does not believe in COVID explain

Feb 2, 2021, 1:20 PM

the reasoning to me?

My church, which is conservative but not crazy right wing, is still having the worship team singing without masks. And this is AFTER the associate pastor was hospitalized with COVID and most of the worship team had it.

I have an employee who is further right and she refused the vaccine, even though she is older. She hates wearing a mask even though we have to in our setting (healthcare).

How many people you know have to die before it's real? And WHY? Why take such a stance? You're not only putting yourself at risk but also others.

I don't get it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think there is a problem here that happens on

Feb 2, 2021, 1:36 PM

TNet A LOT. If you contradict or say that you do not like masks or think they are ineffective, you all the sudden are a DENIER. Which is not fair to the poster or what they believe.

I wear a mask, I don't really care. I was also in a bar on Saturday night and it was a blast, without a mask, cause I don't care. I am for opening schools, cause everything I read says that kids are not super spreaders and they are safe. So far this is true, especially for my daycare kid, they have had very minimal issues.

I think when someone dissents, we throw them into the denier bucket, which isnt fair. That is all I am trying to say. It has happened to me a 1000x on here, especially early on.

Sure, but I am trying to understand the logic of those who

Feb 2, 2021, 1:42 PM

are deniers or somehow believe it isn't real.

Anyone?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure, but I am trying to understand the logic of those who

Feb 2, 2021, 2:04 PM

Another example is the Trump guy telling people to inject

Feb 2, 2021, 2:09 PM

disinfectant

Re: Another example is the Trump guy telling people to inject

Feb 2, 2021, 2:13 PM

No differences at all

Feb 2, 2021, 2:49 PM

1) As a reminder, Trump was President when he told everyone to inject disinfectant. Since you seem perfectly ok with a sitting President saying something like this - I'm assuming you believe it to be true

2) You used the Biden guy in your example above, who isn't an “expert epidemiologist” and the head of a health organization for over 30 years either.

Be consistent in your arguments & don't use hyperbole so much. More people will take you seriously

Re: No differences at all

Feb 2, 2021, 3:00 PM

Re: No differences at all

Feb 4, 2021, 8:37 AM [ in reply to No differences at all ]

jtownusa Trump did not fcking say that. Plain as day, he didn't say it. You like the rest of the echo chamber people just can't see/read/think straight.

Take what he said as what he said. Don't listen to what someone else thinks he meant.

'People are really surprised I understand this stuff'

Feb 2, 2021, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Another example is the Trump guy telling people to inject ]

“Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability.”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, he posted “scamdemic.” Pretty clear he’s a denier.***

Feb 4, 2021, 7:13 AM [ in reply to I think there is a problem here that happens on ]

Because they've made something...

Feb 4, 2021, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Can someone who seriously does not believe in COVID explain ]

That's not political a political issue, and they think they're betraying their team if they don't climb on board.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Haha, "HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TO DIE?!?!!"

Feb 4, 2021, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Can someone who seriously does not believe in COVID explain ]

Such hysteria. Every year, people who are unfortunately near death get taken out by respiratory viruses. It's just the circle of life. This year the all cause mortality shows an inverse relationship with the rise of "covid deaths" and the deaths from all other diseases. This doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Is there any chance that the 'rona could test positive

Feb 2, 2021, 9:49 AM

as the flu?

I have a buddy that about a year ago had the flu..knocked him on his ###. He was out for about 2 weeks. He tested pos for the flu--but since then he never took the slightest precautions with Covid..and never got it.

100% chance***

Feb 2, 2021, 10:00 AM

I know plenty of people that have had both at the same time

Feb 2, 2021, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Is there any chance that the 'rona could test positive ]

And of course flu numbers are down. Everybody is social distancing and wearing masks.

I like your funny words magic man

Wut? If the the 'rona can test pos for the flu, how would

Feb 2, 2021, 10:39 AM

you know that you've had both?

COVID testing and flu testing are not the same

Feb 2, 2021, 10:46 AM

neither are the symptoms some times. So if you have rona symptoms (like no smell or taste) AND flu symptoms (like body aches) the doctor may do both.

The fat sucking doctor can get in here and provide more insight than me.

I just know what I see on buddybook where some of the people who caught the rona around christmas tested positive for rona and flu.

Facebook..lulz***

Feb 2, 2021, 10:57 AM

Re: COVID testing and flu testing are not the same

Feb 2, 2021, 12:02 PM [ in reply to COVID testing and flu testing are not the same ]

Re: Wut? If the the 'rona can test pos for the flu, how would

Feb 2, 2021, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Wut? If the the 'rona can test pos for the flu, how would ]

The two virus are not similar enough to cause a false positive for coronavirus if you have the flu. There are some doctor's offices that can test you for both using the same test.

Masks have never been proven effective against the flu.

Feb 2, 2021, 10:42 AM [ in reply to I know plenty of people that have had both at the same time ]

Or the coronavirus, for that matter.

ok nut job

Feb 2, 2021, 10:48 AM

A conspiracy theory: - Album on Imgur

I mean, okay but

Feb 2, 2021, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Masks have never been proven effective against the flu. ]

that's not at all true. It's been demonstrated that masks substantially reduce emission of influenza, coronavirus, and rhinovirus via respiratory droplets. Would you like some light reading on the subject?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That study has a few flaws.

Feb 2, 2021, 11:21 AM

Off the top of my head:

#1 droplets are not required for transmission

#2 the study says nothing about the effectiveness in stopping infections. It says that (allegedly) masks reduce the amount of droplets... so what.

Re: That study has a few flaws.

Feb 2, 2021, 11:48 AM

So what is your explanation for why medical staff involved in direct patient care with very sick COVID patients, day after day, for the most part have not acquired COVID? I'm sure they would be glad to ditch their masks since they are so worthless according to you.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait...what?***

Feb 2, 2021, 12:12 PM [ in reply to That study has a few flaws. ]

Are you into Lizard men?

Feb 2, 2021, 12:25 PM [ in reply to That study has a few flaws. ]

I'm pretty sure you are.

Carry on.

Re: Are you into Lizard men?

Feb 2, 2021, 12:28 PM

Nah, what he's saying is

Feb 2, 2021, 12:35 PM

scamdemic, masks not effective against c19 nor the flu.

He's one of the very few that are REALLY IN THE KNOW. Now if the other 6.9999 billion people in the world would JUST LISTEN TO HIM all would be just fine. And satanic lizards would stop eating babies.

Nope, just reality.***

Feb 2, 2021, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Are you into Lizard men? ]

Feb 2, 2021, 12:26 PM [ in reply to That study has a few flaws. ]

Droplet transmission by far the most predominant way the virus is spread. To my knowledge, there is still varying data on how long the virus and it's mutants can live on surfaces. It's possible that some of the variants are more stable in the environment, which may make them more easily transmitted, but it's still unknown.

If the amount of droplets are reduced, then you stand to have less infections.

Feb 2, 2021, 12:32 PM

Feb 2, 2021, 12:43 PM

Not true, the term droplet does not imply size. When we cough, speak and sneeze we create both large and small droplets.

Feb 2, 2021, 12:50 PM

Feb 2, 2021, 12:56 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/scientific-brief-sars-cov-2.html

I hope this will suffice.

Feb 2, 2021, 1:18 PM

That is what we are told, but it isn't true. The virus is

Feb 2, 2021, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: That study has a few flaws. ]

spread via aerosols(sic). Those don't require droplets. Even so, the PCR testing is so FUBAR that its really impossible to accurately measure the spread in the first place.

But for 100 years there was science that showed the spread of influenza and previous coronavirus was unaffected by mask use. That is still the case.

I don't think you know what aerosol means***

Feb 2, 2021, 1:13 PM

Particles (liquid or solid) that are small enough to remain

Feb 2, 2021, 1:17 PM

airborne. Droplets (as this study considers them) are not small enough to remain airborne.

Doubt it in PCR testing. They look for different markers

Feb 2, 2021, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Is there any chance that the 'rona could test positive ]

I would think they would make them so they don't overlap in what the markers they isolate. But yeah, you can have both I guess. And be positive with both tests.

I also think somewhere, there is something that has gone around, that gives people some added level of immunity to covid. But whatever it is, it's rare and probably not even clinically significant. You have to have had some other coronavirus probably, or something. There is no known prior exposure that provides immunity, but they expect some viruses give you an edge in fighting it.

Smoking, ironically, provides some protection from getting covid according to some studies. Smokers are less likely to contract covid to begin with. HOWEVER, once they get it, it's far more deadly for them. Tons of people smoke in China, far more than the US. Same in France. In both countries they've noticed smokers are less likely to get infected with covid, but if they get it they're more likely to die. But it is a significant percentage, especially in the Chinese population. The theory the Chinese came up with was due to lung damage from smoking, the virus has a harder time latching on and infecting smokers, where people with healthy lungs provide a better environment for the virus to attach in the lungs.

Only 77 so far in S.C. this flu season

Feb 2, 2021, 11:57 AM

FWIW, since the onset of COVID, our house has been

Feb 2, 2021, 12:18 PM

much healthier than pre-COVID. None of the usual back-to-school sniffles, late-fall, early-winter colds, etc.

I was thinking about that today.

Feb 2, 2021, 12:21 PM

Usually Jan-March I'm constantly having to take off because either a kid is sick or I am. Then it runs through our family.

So far, the only days I've had to take off were due to having COVID or quarantining because somebody had COVID.

To summarize this thread ...

Feb 2, 2021, 1:33 PM

Masks have eradicated influenza this year ...

Masks would have eradicated Covid if stubborn Trump supporters would wear them

Conclusion ... only Democrats are susceptible to disease

And this is why no one takes you seriously***

Feb 4, 2021, 7:17 AM

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic