Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ACC announces new football, fall sports schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 1

TNET: ACC announces new football, fall sports schedule

Jul 29, 2020, 4:35 PM

ACC announces new football, fall sports schedule

Breaking: GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The Atlantic Coast Conference recognizes the uncertain and challenging environment all areas of our society are facing during th Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like it! I especially like the one division and the 11

Jul 29, 2020, 4:38 PM

game schedule.

Bottom line: ACC got this right.

Spot the ball!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you like the NC State is the only team that doesn't play

Jul 29, 2020, 5:21 PM

Clemson or ND during the season? And the conference picks the top two teams based on winning percentage, but not the highest rank two teams in the polls?

Re: So you like the NC State is the only team that doesn't play

Jul 29, 2020, 5:44 PM

You'd rather a poll decide who plays in the championship game as opposed to record? I doubt NC State will be one of the top 2 teams at the end of the year even without playing Clemson or ND.

I hope they are so we can kick their ### this year***

Jul 29, 2020, 7:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You all need to let the president and athletic director know

Jul 29, 2020, 10:23 PM [ in reply to So you like the NC State is the only team that doesn't play ]

how yo feel. They count on you not giving them any grief. I have always thought Clements was the perfect fit for Clemson, but he used up a lot of equity with this BS. Radakovick has never really done anything since coming here. Dabo was already on his way, the Westzone was completed. What has Drad done other than mingle and push his way to congressional hearings and committees, positioning himself for a commissioner job.

We should all fill their emails and mailboxes to the brim. Complete bend over sellout.

Re: So you like the NC State is the only team that doesn't play

Jul 29, 2020, 11:02 PM [ in reply to So you like the NC State is the only team that doesn't play ]

Or Louisville in our Div.

What if everyone forfits to Clemson because they are "sick".

Jul 29, 2020, 5:24 PM [ in reply to I like it! I especially like the one division and the 11 ]

I presume they have a plan in place for if (when) a team has a COVID outbreak (see MLB Marlins) and the game cannot be made up.

You would image not everyone will have 10 conference games.
Does the championship game participants have the two best winning percentage?

I could see everyone on our schedule except Wake Forest having a "COVID outbreak" before they play us.

Clemson would be 1-0 in this scenario.

Re: What if everyone forfits to Clemson because they are "sick".

Jul 29, 2020, 6:22 PM

If the team forfeits, Clemson gets the W. We'd be undefeated. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only team ever to go undefeated averaging 2 pts/game

Jul 29, 2020, 6:44 PM

I like it!

Re: TNET: ACC announces new football, fall sports schedule

Jul 29, 2020, 4:38 PM

Spot the ball !

Jul 29, 2020, 4:42 PM

Hats off to the Brass for getting it right...and painfully, hats off to ND to agreeing to the ACC terms financially and schedule wise...not that they had a choice.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jul 29, 2020, 4:54 PM

Not unless they have agreed to join in football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed. Swofford once agains proves that he

Jul 29, 2020, 8:40 PM

doesn't have the best interests of the whole conference in mind, or that he doesn't have a mind. Notre Dame now has all the benefits of membership, none of the loyalty, no assigning of rights.

Also, our home/away schedule is disappointing. FSU, Notre Dame and VA Tech on the road. We get...Pitt, Cuse and UVA...

Jul 29, 2020, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces new football, fall sports schedule ]

Yep, they were backed into a corner. They'd have had a hard time putting together a schedule otherwise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jul 29, 2020, 5:10 PM

Welcome back TigerHawk76®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 5:19 PM

Hiya BBO. Now we can talk FOOTBALL!

Jul 29, 2020, 6:34 PM

I'm so ready. As we say, "Spot the dang ball!!!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's gonna be nice to ....

Jul 29, 2020, 4:52 PM

play teams that we don't normally play in a single season. Va Tech, Miami, Notre Dame, Pitt, and Virginia are all from the Coastal Division (except ND). It's crazy that we have played all of those teams, with the exception of Notre Dame, in the ACC Championship Game.

It will be interesting to see what protocol will be in all of these stadiums concerning fans in the stands. I would suspect that each individual state may have its own guidelines as laid out by its state authorities, and that a decision to ban or allow fans could be made within hours before kickoff each week depending on conditions. Crazy times!

Jul 29, 2020, 4:53 PM

So is the CFP getting moved back? The possibility of having only 11 days to prep and travel seems very, very, dumb.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 29, 2020, 4:57 PM

That's more time than you get for almost every other game, every season.

ND sharing their NBC money;

Jul 29, 2020, 4:53 PM

I wanted to see them left high and dry, but given out choices, this is the 2nd best option.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 4:54 PM

This seems reasonable. Once long time rival missing from the schedule will be NC State, who we have played every year since 1971, and of course many times before that starting in 1899.

Also, grateful the ACC did allow the "plus one" so our rivalry game with Scar can continue without interruption.

Finally, I have no problem helping Notre Dame out for this season. It helps the league and really there was no alternative. The ACC was never going to tell ND to go screw themselves and leave them without a football season. That would have hurt both parties and would not have been very collegial.

So...

Jul 29, 2020, 4:55 PM

Clemson trades a schedule that included home games against Louisville, UVa, NC State, and Cuse along with road games at Georgia Tech, Boston College, FSU, and Wake

for home games against Boston College, Miami, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Virginia road games to Florida State, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest on the road.

We basically lose Louisville and NC State and pick-up Miami, Pitt and Virginia Tech.

I still think the decision to allow Notre Dame to play for a conference championship and possibly represent the league in a Bowl game or the CFP is a total crock !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: So...

Jul 29, 2020, 5:07 PM

This is a win in my mind

"We basically lose Louisville and NC State and pick-up Miami, Pitt and Virginia Tech."

Somewhere, Dave Doren

Jul 29, 2020, 6:07 PM

is thank the gods he doesn't have to play Clemson this year. No Clemson, No ND...they got away easy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Somewhere, Dave Doren

Jul 29, 2020, 6:27 PM

Mack Brown is REALLY GLAD he doesn’t have to play Appy State!!!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Somewhere, Dave Doren

Jul 29, 2020, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Somewhere, Dave Doren ]

Mack Brown is REALLY GLAD he doesn’t have to play Appy State!!!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like it, but it is interesting

Jul 29, 2020, 4:55 PM

Wow, no NC State or Louisville. Also neither UNC or Duke, two of the closest geographically.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 4:59 PM

Also, I'm grateful that the Georgia Tech and FSU rivalries are not going to skip a season.

One oddity in this schedule is that Clemson only plays a team from North Carolina once. Out of the 4 ACC teams in a state bordering Clemson, there is only one game.

I know there are a lot of moving parts to this and it's not all about Clemson, but if limiting risk is the most important factor, seems like a bus ride to Raleigh, Durham or Chapel Hill would have been preferable to making Syracuse and BC fly to GSP.

Not sure why Notre Dame is the Golden Child

Jul 29, 2020, 5:00 PM

when it chooses not to align itself and a conference! Go Tigers!

Re: Not sure why Notre Dame is the Golden Child

Jul 29, 2020, 5:04 PM

yep I agree. I'll believe ND will share money when we see it. This sch would be fine if they joined permanently since they didnt I see no reason for them to be eligible

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re-read the article.

Jul 29, 2020, 5:08 PM

"All television revenue for the 2020 season, including Notre Dame’s home games broadcast by NBC, will be shared equally by all 15 institutions."

Re: Re-read the article.

Jul 29, 2020, 5:51 PM

Does this mean that ND will have to share their NBC money when they play Navy?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 6:29 PM

Says ND won't be able to play at Navy this year since all out of conference games must be in the home state of the ACC team. Navy is in Maryland, not Indiana.

Based on ACC’s nonconference requirement (must be in held school’s home state), these games can not be played:

Virginia vs. Georgia, UNC vs. Auburn & FSU vs. West Virginia (all in Atlanta)
Notre Dame at Navy

Jul 29, 2020, 6:37 PM

Feel sorry for Navy, went from opening season with ND in Ireland to getting ND in Annapolis to not playing at all.

Jul 30, 2020, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Re-read the article. ]

So who is Notre Dame's plus one?

Don't care about that as much as them not being

Jul 29, 2020, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re-read the article. ]

able to commit to play routinely in the ACC as a full member. This is where the conference had leverage and pissed it away. Typical ####### swofford.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Not sure why Notre Dame is the Golden Child ]

The ACC owns all of Notre Dame TV rights except for Football, this year that money is thrown into the sharing as well. The ACC needs Notre Dame this year for any team to have enough strength of schedule to get to the National Championship. Chances are Clemson may play ND twice. baring someone like UVa clicking it up a notch we might need that even if undefeated. We would definitely need it if we lose a game. ACC took some weaker teams off our schedule and added tougher games. I see a chance that the ACC and other conferences may stay with 10 conference games into the future. Notre Dame likely will play Navy this year out of conference but we will see. The ACC network is now gonna make it because of this deal. ND likely to be on ACC network at least twice.

Jul 29, 2020, 5:23 PM

Disagree about weaker teams. Most preseason guesses had UNC winning the Coastal and Louisville finishing 2nd in the Atlantic and we play neither.

Jul 29, 2020, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Not sure why Notre Dame is the Golden Child ]

Because they have the gold helmets and Touchdown Jesus.

Jul 29, 2020, 8:55 PM

And they suck a mean wiener.

Go Tigers!!!

I mean cool

Jul 29, 2020, 5:00 PM

But there’s no reason why this schedule is anymore covid friendly than the original one

Re: I mean cool

Jul 29, 2020, 5:16 PM

The ACC is making sure conference schools are following guidelines.

Like they made UNCheat

Jul 29, 2020, 8:47 PM

students go to class?

So looking at our schedule our games are as follows:

Jul 29, 2020, 5:02 PM

Home:
Boston College (Atlantic)
Miami (Coastal)
Pitt (Coastal)
Syracuse (Atlantic)
Virginia (Coastal)

Away:
Florida State (Atlantic)
Georgia Tech (Coastal)
Notre Dame
Virginia Tech (Coastal)
Wake Forest (Atlantic)

Out of Conference Game:
TBD (betting USuC)

Interesting that we play more Coastal than Atlantic teams in this scheme. We also only play one of the 4 ACC schools from North Carolina (i.e. Wake Forest). Teams we don't play: Louisville, UNC, NC State, Duke

Positives - no wasted games on non-Power 5 opponents. Every game matters - can't sleep walk through any week of the schedule. Notre Dame has to cough up some of that NBC money to be a part of the ACC this year.

Negatives - Some local schools (i.e. the Citadel) won't get a "money game" that they desperately need to support their athletic departments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So looking at our schedule our games are as follows:

Jul 29, 2020, 5:11 PM

Notre Dame also gets a full share of the ACC football TV revenue, so it is likely mostly as wash for all concerned. NBC contract is only $15M per year, less I believe than what football drives for the ACC-ESPN contract per school. So, Notre Dame may actually come out ahead a bit financially.

6 home and 5 away games assuming USC is our non-conference

Jul 29, 2020, 5:39 PM [ in reply to So looking at our schedule our games are as follows: ]

game. Very weird to not play Louisville and especially NC State.
From strength of schedule I would have liked to have had UNC and Louisville on there for us. Pitt and Miami are good adds. Who knows what UVA will be like with their new QB. Nice to play some teams we don't see too often in this unusual schedule.
Maybe at the end of the year they should relook at the alignment of the schools in the Coastal and Atlantic. Maybe change to a North/South division instead.

Home:
Boston College (Atlantic)
Miami (Coastal)
Pitt (Coastal)
Syracuse (Atlantic)
Virginia (Coastal)
TBD (South Carolina)

Away:
Florida State (Atlantic)
Georgia Tech (Coastal)
Notre Dame
Virginia Tech (Coastal)
Wake Forest (Atlantic)

Maybe the Citadel should play usuc to see who plays us

Jul 29, 2020, 6:16 PM [ in reply to So looking at our schedule our games are as follows: ]

:) :) :)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 5:05 PM

I can’t think of a more exciting schedule than this! How it always should be. No FCS

Jul 29, 2020, 5:06 PM

FOOTBALL!!!!!! ????????
SPOT THE BALL!!!
GO TIGERS!!!

Jul 29, 2020, 5:07 PM

The in-state rule on the OOC game is interesting. Obviously this solves a problem for Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida and Louisville. But what about Notre Dame?

Will they be bound by this instate rule? They can't play Indiana or Purdue due to the B1G's conference only rule? The USC game is already off the table I assume to the Pac-12 rule.

Will the ACC prevent ND from playing Navy and they'll be left with Ball State maybe?

Also, will the NC schools now be scrambling to get Appy State, Charlotte, etc. on the schedule at the last minute to fill that 11th game slot?

Message removed by Author

Jul 29, 2020, 5:31 PM

Message removed by Author

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Akron Zips are in Ohio & ND is in Indiana - Different states***

Jul 29, 2020, 6:40 PM

Jul 29, 2020, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces new football, fall sports schedule ]

ND can play anybody they want as one as it is in Indiana for their OOC

Jul 29, 2020, 5:11 PM

I , along with alot of other people, whole heartedly disagree with Notre Dame being eligible in any sort of situation to represent the ACC in a bowl game or College Football Playoffs. Either they join 100% in the ACC, or sit at home and watch everyone else play on game day. GO TIGERS!!!

Can chickens count to SEVEN?

Jul 29, 2020, 5:13 PM

Asking for a friend.

They can only count to 5...***

Jul 29, 2020, 5:51 PM

NC State is the only team that doesn't play ND or Clemson

Jul 29, 2020, 5:16 PM

Haha! Glenwood Ave is going to be rocking tonight! They were pretty bad last year, though. I bet they still lose 5-6 games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2021, 9:29 AM

Finally. Now if Clemson will announce plans for number of fans, I will be able to decide about selling our tickets. Great that everyone can step off the cliff now that Notre Dame's NBC money will be shared. Of course it was always going to work that way and will be a win win for all conference teams.

Jul 29, 2020, 5:40 PM

I’m glad the powers that be stuck to their guns on the Notre Dame money issue. The Irish came begging to the ACC when their schedule fell apart. I don’t like them being able to be conference champs.

super.. NOW WHERE IS MY SCHEDULE POSTER!!!!!***

Jul 29, 2020, 5:24 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Big East Champions

Jul 29, 2020, 5:25 PM

Interesting that we are playing all the old Big East teams except Louisville. We will be Big East and ACC champions this year.

I was going to complain we have to play all the teams that are farthest away, but they are all home games!

Jul 29, 2020, 5:29 PM

ND should join in FB. GLAD FOR SOME FB! GO TIGERS!!

CLEM and ND are clearly the two best

Jul 29, 2020, 5:33 PM

ACC teams this year. Our trip to South Bend is going to a really tough game. The Irish have been pretty competitive against top level teams in home games the last two years. Having then travel to UNC helps us out a bit too.

Woo-Hoo! ??

Jul 29, 2020, 5:34 PM

G0 TiGERS...ROCK’em!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 5:34 PM

ACC announces new football, fall sports schedule

Breaking: GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The Atlantic Coast Conference recognizes the uncertain and challenging environment all areas of our society are facing during th Read Update »

With every other program limiting attendance who and how many will be allowed to attend games. There will be a lot of angry fans when this is decided!

Jul 29, 2020, 5:35 PM

What a bold move. I guess the SEC will be doing the same.

Jul 29, 2020, 5:50 PM

So we may get the chance to stomp the mud out of ND twice this year!!!!

Jul 29, 2020, 5:58 PM

I hope Dabo stays til we at least tie the series with Ga. Tech.

Jul 29, 2020, 6:25 PM

Love the schedule, but not smoking enough to believe that would actually happen. If so, that is one heck of a road slate. Doubt it will matter much with no fans in the stands though. I hope that vaccine comes quickly.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 6:42 PM

What happens to teams like The Citadel......which use these games for additional revenue ......will they be compensated ...

Jul 29, 2020, 6:51 PM

https://www.si.com/college/2020/07/29/sec-football-schedule-news-conference-only

Jul 29, 2020, 7:27 PM

In that SEC plan is a uniform testing protocol. How does that work? Do they look for Covid on uniform?

I think I like this better than the

Jul 29, 2020, 8:32 PM

Regular way. I like playing both UVA and Va Tech.

I'm pretty much okay with most of it, but

Jul 29, 2020, 8:38 PM

really bummed out about not playing Duke. Sure would be nice to see Chase Brice try his hand against the Tigers in a real game ??. Of course there's always the championship game, if he can work his magic and get them there.

this should be the conference model going forward

Jul 29, 2020, 8:40 PM

even when covid is done ..with no nd allow two non conference games

Total F'ing BS...

Jul 29, 2020, 8:49 PM

No way notre dame should be eligible for an ACC conference championship when they are NOT a full member. Swoffie sux again. That guy is the worst thing to happen to the ACC. He sux!!!

No more callers, we have a winner****

Jul 29, 2020, 10:24 PM

Jul 29, 2020, 9:03 PM

NOTRE DAME DOES NOT BELONG IN THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Jul 29, 2020, 9:32 PM

ND sharing their $15 million from the NBC contract is something I never thought would happen, but it also tells me they don't want to enter the conference as a regular member. I believe if they were going to join the conference would have let them keep the NBC contract money until it ran out. They are paying to play this year and then will firm up any resistance to joining.

Jul 29, 2020, 11:52 PM

All of this "conference only" scheduling is dumb - travel is travel no matter where you go. Specifically within the ACC, not all schools are within driving distance so what's the difference between flying to Boston or flying to Miami? Taking a bus that far is not feasible when time and energy are the biggest factors. Yes, it's draining to sit on a bus that long! Seems like keeping the schedule as is (the one before CV19) and limiting elsewhere would have made more sense.

Jul 30, 2020, 9:53 AM

I have a family member at Syracuse who is really high up in the Athletic dept. told me on fathers day there will be no season.

She said they just wants us to continue to buy tickets and then they hope we roll over the money or donate it.

They want the politicians to be the bad guys here when it becomes official.

Replies: 82
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic