Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I maybe the only one, and it don't matter if I am bc,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

I maybe the only one, and it don't matter if I am bc,

Nov 9, 2020, 8:25 PM

nobody can feel what I'm personally feeling about the ND game but me. But I'm hurt and very angry over this loss bc I saw every single play we made, as I do with every game our guys play, and even with as many starters that was out, we played well enough to win even with spotting ND a TD with ETN'S fumble.

There was 2:10 left on the play clock when we got the ball back from ND with the score 33-26 good guys. The first down play was a run play that gained our usual 1 yard with about every run play in the game. Our 2nd down play was another run play that we lost 5 yards, and we got a holding penalty on Stewart that ND declined bc we lost 5 yards on that 2nd down run play that made it 3d and 14, the 3d down play was a disastrous pass play over to the side lines where ENT run out of bounds stopping the the clock with 1:54 seconds left on the game clock, and we have 4th and 9. We punt the ball, and ND gets the ball on the 9 yard line, and they have two time outs with 1:48 seconds, and out already hurt and tire D is right back on the field, and ND burns our D with a pass that got them down to the 3 yard line with 30 seconds left in the game bc they are now killing the clock, and the tie the game, and we get the ball back on the 25 with only 16 seconds left in the game, and we do nothing with 16 seconds and we go into over time where we lost the game.

My hurt comes from how our players must feel and knowing they had the game won, and then watched the win go away in less than a minute. My anger comes from OC choosing not to try and get a 1st down that would have ended the game with us winning. I said Saturday night, and I say it again this Monday night, the ND loss is all on Tony Elliot and his inability to call plays by calling 1st and 2nd down run plays that we had been very unsuccessful with the entire game, and a pass to the side lines that ND was waiting on, when we needed 10 more yards, and we win that game!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_L1jKG_iVI

The truth, and the proof is own the game tape!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I maybe the only one, and it don't matter if I am bc,

Nov 9, 2020, 8:33 PM

Going conservative on that last drive was all Swinney!

From Watson to Lawrence, Dabo is putting the end of game lead in the hands of the defense to protect.....but I feel your pain.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Play sheet

Nov 9, 2020, 9:29 PM

I don’t recall Dabo having the play call sheet before as much as I have seen this year...maybe I just haven’t noticed...but when I saw him looking at it the other night, I turned to my wife and sad that someone needs to take that away....an X’s and O’s guy he is not...needs to let TE do his job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Play sheet

Nov 9, 2020, 9:33 PM

He hasn’t been without it since the day he started coaching...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember when Les Miles was criticized for

Nov 9, 2020, 8:38 PM

... for passes in a similar situation against us in the Chic-Fil-A Bowl?

We needed a first down for sure, but I’m not ready to say that the particular plays Tony Elliott called were I’ll conceived. I think they were poorly executed.

If we pass and have a couple of clock stopping incompletions, the result would have been the same.

The offense just didn’t produce what they needed to on that series.

Re: Remember when Les Miles was criticized for

Nov 9, 2020, 8:43 PM

How can you not when we ran 33 run plays from the line of scrimmage, and only got 34 yards from 33 run plays all game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 8:44 PM

OK tell it all. With the best back in college ball we did that poorly

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Remember when Les Miles was criticized for ]

Didn’t need yardage. Needed the clock to run. 22 seconds isn’t really great coaching.

Well, we lost about 30 yards trying to pass on last series.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Remember when Les Miles was criticized for ]

We just did not execute very well on offense at critical times.

Criticizing plays that fail is textbook 2020 hindsight.

LSU didn’t struggle to run against us that game.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Remember when Les Miles was criticized for ]

They also didn’t have a great passing QB like we do.

Totally different situations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Perhaps Elliott should have called a “pick & roll” ?***

Nov 9, 2020, 9:14 PM

2:10. 1:48. That’s all you need to know.

Fire Dabo and bring back Hatfield.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:52 PM

There is blame all the over place but the bottom line is with the players we had available, Notre Dame was the better team that night. I too am disappointed but it is in the defense because I could never believe any team could take the ball 91 yards in less than 2 minutes against our defense. So offense or defense, either can take the blame but I can promise you that in the first speech to the team Dabo said the game is over, get some rest and get ready for Florida State. If we are good enough to go 10-1, we will deal with Notre Dame again in Charlotte.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Nov 9, 2020, 9:17 PM

Nov 10, 2020, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I maybe the only one, and it don't matter if I am bc, ]

This is the first time in a long time that we were out manned, and the stupid penalties and turnovers were the final nail.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t mind putting it in the hands of the defense, BUT

Nov 9, 2020, 9:07 PM

If that’s your mindset you MUST force ND to burn all of their timeouts. The issue here is ND declined a penalty. The play ended with a running clock. Refs stopped the clock to call the penalty and did not restart it when the ball was back in play. That should have used the 2nd timeout and if ETN had stayed in bounds on 3rd down it would’ve taken their 3rd.

People are saying the game was over with a first down, but it really wasn’t because ND would’ve still had 2 timeouts left after the first down had we got it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND didn’t need either of those two TOs though.

Nov 9, 2020, 10:10 PM

With one pass they took away the whole idea of stopping them on that drive.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I agree the playcalling was terrible, but there is no way

Nov 9, 2020, 11:05 PM

that wasn't a group decision. They were all on the headsets agreeing to that sequence. I echo your feelings word for word, but I just think it wasn't TE alone.

I don't see why they didn't just throw it down insind the 20 and maybe surprise them while they were looking for the run. If we complete the pass, then game over, if incomplete, then we punt anyway. If they pick it off, then it is just like a punt. Who knows we could have drawn pass interference as well.

We didn't even have Booth, Turner or Zanders on that pass

Nov 9, 2020, 11:16 PM

play for 50 plus on ND last drive. That was Thornton that guy ran right by him. He only played 7 plays and that was one of the seven. A bunch of things happened that kept us from winning, perfect storm. And now we hear that even DJ was injured. Good grief.

Re: We didn't even have Booth, Turner or Zanders on that pass

Nov 10, 2020, 6:57 AM

LOL, it's beginning to sound as our schedule has been really tough on our guys. Maybe we should start the fire Batson chatter again, or maybe our ACC schedule has become SEC tough, with SEC size, and with that blazing speed, and quickness!!! Wake up ESECPN, the ACC is beating each other up just a couple of games past mid season!!!

pretty sure Dabo wanted Tony to go conservative

Nov 10, 2020, 10:02 AM

otherwise, he would have told him

if you can blame Tommy for not giving Reggie the ball, you can blame Dabo for being conservative on our last possession

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic