Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I made my peace with the baseball program when
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

I made my peace with the baseball program when

Feb 16, 2015, 3:22 PM

we let USuC use us for a red carpet to get to the NCAA Championship games, Twice. After those nuggets, nothing gets me riled anymore involving baseball. At that point, we obviously were content with who and what we were. And still are.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Mine was when Jack Leggett made no effort to recruit Scott

Feb 16, 2015, 3:25 PM

Wingo. The kid and family were completely orange.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Or Matt Campbell from Simpsonville, who broke us off

Feb 16, 2015, 3:27 PM

with the hook in the NCAA's. Clemson fan all of his life.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

those guys weren't from the Northeast***

Feb 16, 2015, 4:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

another false narrative***

Feb 16, 2015, 4:32 PM

Re: Or Matt Campbell from Simpsonville, who broke us off

Feb 16, 2015, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Or Matt Campbell from Simpsonville, who broke us off ]

Matt Campbell was a pitcher for us who graduated last year. I think you mean Michael Roth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This kid. he beat us in one of the World Series Games

Feb 16, 2015, 4:23 PM

Matt Campbell (2002-2004) was a highly coveted prospect out of Hillcrest High School in Simpsonville, SC and a 39th round draft pick of the Atlanta Braves in 2001, following his senior year. Campbell had his choice of college destinations, as well, and proudly elected to become a member of the South Carolina Gamecocks. The All-SEC and All-American lefthander would go on to attend the College World Series in each of his three seasons in Columbia. Additionally, he was selected to play under Coach Ray Tanner on the 2003 USA National Team. Campbell was a 1st round (29th overall) draft choice of the Kansas City Royals in 2004.

And despite the online blurb, he wanted to be a tiger.***

Feb 16, 2015, 4:27 PM

Re: And despite the online blurb, he wanted to be a tiger.***

Feb 16, 2015, 7:57 PM

if he had wanted to be a Tiger he would have been a Tiger

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That shows he wasn't truly a Clemson fan. He had plenty of

Feb 16, 2015, 4:30 PM [ in reply to This kid. he beat us in one of the World Series Games ]

choices and chose the coots. No life long Clemson fan would chose SCU, when they have plenty of other options. Tired of hearing this false narrative.

LOL!***

Feb 16, 2015, 4:43 PM

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I agree. No chance a big Clemson fan would go down there.

Feb 16, 2015, 6:13 PM [ in reply to That shows he wasn't truly a Clemson fan. He had plenty of ]

Go to UNC, NC St, UVA, CofC, GT, Tenn, even UGA if you're desperate.

You would not go there if you were a big Clemson fan or came from a "Clemson family".

Re: That shows he wasn't truly a Clemson fan. He had plenty of

Feb 16, 2015, 7:58 PM [ in reply to That shows he wasn't truly a Clemson fan. He had plenty of ]

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: This kid. he beat us in one of the World Series Games

Feb 16, 2015, 5:50 PM [ in reply to This kid. he beat us in one of the World Series Games ]

That was a pitcher, whats his name. After he beat us, he became a very good pitcher for them. Wasn't his name MICHAEL ROTH?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2015, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Or Matt Campbell from Simpsonville, who broke us off ]

Matt Campbell? He played for us. Don't remember them having a recent player by that name.

Feb 16, 2015, 4:24 PM

Matt Campbell (2002-2004) was a highly coveted prospect out of Hillcrest High School in Simpsonville, SC and a 39th round draft pick of the Atlanta Braves in 2001, following his senior year. Campbell had his choice of college destinations, as well, and proudly elected to become a member of the South Carolina Gamecocks. The All-SEC and All-American lefthander would go on to attend the College World Series in each of his three seasons in Columbia. Additionally, he was selected to play under Coach Ray Tanner on the 2003 USA National Team. Campbell was a 1st round (29th overall) draft choice of the Kansas City Royals in 2004.

Now why

Feb 16, 2015, 6:09 PM

do you have to be muddying up the situation with something as irrelevant as facts?

If he was Clemson for life, then SCU must have been his...

Feb 16, 2015, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Or Matt Campbell from Simpsonville, who broke us off ]

quality offer then. Because if he was truly a Clemson fan, and had quality offers from more than just SCU he would have went to a different school.

Wingo wouldn't have started here, we had a player better...

Feb 16, 2015, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Mine was when Jack Leggett made no effort to recruit Scott ]

than him at his position. So if Wingo came here he would have been on the bench. And Wingo wasn't some highly sought after recruit in the first place.

i bet you $10 you can't name the player he would have sat behind

Feb 16, 2015, 6:53 PM

Without looking it up.

Either way, he did ok for us, huh?

photo 1B9795A1-A5BE-4E20-AC59-AEC826C33094_zpszdtav9fp.jpg

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Re: i bet you $10 you can't name the player he would have sat behind

Feb 16, 2015, 8:02 PM

Freeman, the dawgs transfer!!

Well the Wingo family ain't orange now. So forget them.***

Feb 16, 2015, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Mine was when Jack Leggett made no effort to recruit Scott ]

Re: Well the Wingo family ain't orange now. So forget them.***

Feb 16, 2015, 5:43 PM

King, the Wingo kid, wasn't he the one that couldn't get an offer from Jack?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He chose to go to that dump. Nobody forced him. No self-

Feb 16, 2015, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Mine was when Jack Leggett made no effort to recruit Scott ]

respecting Clemson man would've gone to that school.

Not to mention Brad Miller was better.

Re: Mine was when Jack Leggett made no effort to recruit Scott

Feb 16, 2015, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Mine was when Jack Leggett made no effort to recruit Scott ]

yep, still trying to figure that one out , ..did anyone ever ask leggett why ? was there ever an explanation ? or even a reliable rumor as to why ? ..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I made my peace with the baseball program when

Feb 16, 2015, 4:09 PM

The first time was it 2003? We had the #1 seed in the CWS with prolly one of the best teams ever to not win it all. All we had to do is beat the Coots 1 time to play for the Championship? Jack made some bad decisions in the next 2 losses to the Coots. That team was so loaded still don't know how they didn't win it all.

Feb 16, 2015, 4:37 PM

I wish it was that easy for me to make peace about any loss, but impossible when its to the coots. The coot baseball field is about 10 miles from my house, and I haven't missed our game there in 12 years. Just thinking about going there this year is heart breaking knowing that JL has done nothing to help our Tigers improve. And it wouldn't have cost him a dime from his pocket to have brought another batting coach in that maybe could have put a spark to our batting average. Hopefully his stubbornness will be his finale strike after this season. If not, D-Rad and Jack should be shown the door!!!

Feb 16, 2015, 4:58 PM

understand and it is a PURE SHAME the the Clemson admin and BOT has settled for the present sorry state we are in...and what is worse I just do not see any effort to ever get back to where we were and should be now!every one should know that Jack will ONLY take us down,down,down..........

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic