Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Recruiting re 247 Sports
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 4,000

Tiger Recruiting re 247 Sports

Jan 3, 2021, 12:29 PM

247 Sports has seven 2021 class Tiger commitments in their Top 100. Some have mover up and some have moved down in a previous ranking. The change is noted for each commitment. Five commits moved up and two moved down

Triston Leigh, 5***** OT, No. 11 overall, Moved up to 11 from 15.

Will Shipley, 5***** APB, No. 30 overall, Moved up to 30 from 52.

Barrett Carter, 5***** LB, No. 33 overall. Moved down from 17 to 33.

Jeremiah Trotter, 4**** LB, No. 41 overall, Moved down from 30 to 41.

Jake Briningstool, 4**** TE, No. 59 overall, Moved up from 84 to 59.

Beaux Collins, 4**** WR, No. 83 overall, Moved up from 182 to 83.

Payton Page, 4**** DT, No. 93 overall. Moved up from 233 to 93.

(I didn't make a count but it looked as though every Alabama commit moved up in the rankings.)

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dont discredit the narrative that recruits only move

Jan 3, 2021, 12:33 PM

down after committing to Clemson. The conspiracy kooks around here won't like it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean the ACC, NCAA, ESPN, ABC, and CBS aren’t all out to get us?!?

Jan 3, 2021, 12:37 PM

It’s amazing we sign any recruits or win any games with the universe conspiring against us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Don't 4get, the draft scouts of 31 of the 32 NFL teams****

Jan 3, 2021, 1:30 PM

Re: You mean the ACC, NCAA, ESPN, ABC, and CBS aren’t all out to get us?!?

Jan 3, 2021, 2:40 PM [ in reply to You mean the ACC, NCAA, ESPN, ABC, and CBS aren’t all out to get us?!? ]

I don’t go for conspiracy theories but only a fool would ignore that the ACC has never done any favors for Clemson. The ACC at times has gone out of its way the handicap Clemson.

And there are indeed liberals at ESPN that do not like Clemson. ESPN the company loves our ratings, but there are more than a few employees at ESPN that do not like Clemson and especially Dabo.

There are more than a few liberal anti-religious groups out there that don’t exactly like Clemson either!

These are undeniable facts!

Re: Tiger Recruiting re 247 Sports

Jan 3, 2021, 12:35 PM

Carter was defensive player of the year for the whole country as I recall. Yet 247 moves him down. Thats interesting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 1:05 PM

I have never heard of Jeremiah Potter. Is he Clemson’s signee?

Jan 3, 2021, 1:44 PM

He meant B J Trotter

Jan 3, 2021, 2:28 PM

Thanks for correction my error. That's certainly not the first one I have made.

Several recruiting "experts" have rated Trotter the No. 1 LB so he is no slouch.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the top 4. All could be starters as freshman

Jan 3, 2021, 4:43 PM

Obviously Trotter won't start if Skalski returns. But otherwise, would not surprise me if he moves into the starting role late in the season. The combined athleticism of him, Carter and a bulked-up Trenton Simpson on the field at the same time would be formidable.

I'll be disappointed if Leigh doesn't plug in immediately.

Re: I love the top 4. All could be starters as freshman

Jan 3, 2021, 9:09 PM

Mo,

I am not so sure about Leigh. He has tremendous upside, but the report I read on him listed a significant number of areas for improvement, including pass blocking.

I have no doubt that he will develop into a monster, but I am not sure how quickly he will be ready to start.

Jan 3, 2021, 9:10 PM [ in reply to I love the top 4. All could be starters as freshman ]

Liked your step up Mo and happiness at missing on Leigh prediction. Like impact on Trotter if Skalski returns, one would suspect that Carman returning will impact Leigh's opportunities to join rotation. Could end up as a battle between Parks and Leigh. Parks has game.

If Leigh is ready, I'm with you in wanting Tigers best 5 on the field with Allen at TE for best blocking. My take is RT's McFadden and Mayes could help team by moving inside to guard in 2021. Can Putnam or Bockhurst take over at C until Linthicum or Rayburn is ready? I will be interested to see how it works out and who wants it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 10:13 PM [ in reply to I love the top 4. All could be starters as freshman ]

I hope we get really young on the o-line. With Leigh and Linthicum hopefully starting as true freshman and the second year guys stepping up. Maybe Carman comes back and that would leave one less spot to fill. If Leigh started at right tackle and McFadden moved to one of the guard spots I could see an upgrade at o-line really quick.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 4,000
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic