Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss”

Jun 27, 2018, 9:45 AM

That’s not specific enough.

Just a thought that made me smile this morning.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss”

Jun 27, 2018, 9:49 AM

which one?

Jun 27, 2018, 10:38 AM

Ed Zachary. That was his point, there is more than one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 9:54 AM

Why are you bringing up the past? That's lame.

Jun 27, 2018, 10:03 AM

Because our past is filled with trophies and yours is filled with disappointments

Jun 27, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss” ]

Because you dirt peckers live in the past, you know "high five". You don't acknowledge anything that is a negative which is pretty much 100 years of football. How pathetic is that fry boy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look on the bright side

Jun 27, 2018, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss” ]

there's plenty of room in your trophy case. But I do think that 1969 ACC trophy gets lonely ...

Re: Look on the bright side

Jun 27, 2018, 11:11 AM

I think SCAR has much to be proud of in regards to their 100 year old football program. They probably have more second place finishes than any other football program in America. Now, that is a claim they can make with great pride and confidence. Also, they have only lost to Clemson 69 times. They should be proud of these facts!

Isn't that 1969 Trophy

Jun 27, 2018, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Look on the bright side ]

SHARED?????

Re: Isn't that 1969 Trophy

Jun 27, 2018, 9:52 PM

71PR said:

SHARED?????

Correction, my bad.....

Re: Isn't that 1969 Trophy

Jun 27, 2018, 1:48 PM

No, but it's not really an achievement since no one else in the conference had a winning record that year. Literally, the only way coots could win a championship is to hope everyone else sucks all in the same year. The stars aligned in 1969.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Lonely Trophy

Jun 28, 2018, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Look on the bright side ]

can you see it for the dust????

Jun 27, 2018, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss” ]

Gamecocks talk about the past more than anything.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss” ]

LOL! So says the fan base that thinks football history started in 2009 and ended after 2013.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 10:45 AM

That is asinine. Football started in the 1800's. We never had much success until the 80's and won the first bowl in 1995. This is revisionist Tigernet FAKE NEWS. 09-13 was great, but it is not the only history I refer to.

Would you say 09-14 was the best in scar football

Jun 27, 2018, 10:49 AM

History?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Would you say 09-14 was the best in scar football

Jun 27, 2018, 10:59 AM

Well yes because that’s where we had our highest win seasons ever and most bowl wins. You keep referencing an empty trophy case. Does having a case filled with bowl game trophies not count?

Jun 27, 2018, 11:02 AM

And your fans on here often laugh and keep talking about my bloomin onion bowl as if you guys forget your past before 2015. When you talk about Clemson you refer to 69-42 but other than that Clemson football was 1981 and 2015-2018. You forget you lost to freaking USF in 2010 in the mighty Meineke Car Care Bowl. Don’t forget where you came from and don’t get overly cocky about your recent championship success.

So the best years of scar football produced

Jun 27, 2018, 11:14 AM

1 division championship.

I had a good time at the 2010 muffler bowl.
I have fond memories of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

usuck has basically the same history as wake

Jun 27, 2018, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Would you say 09-14 was the best in scar football ]

let that sink in

except wake actually won a conference title in their recent past - not a d2 title in 1969. which is almost 50 yrs ago.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: usuck has basically the same history as wake

Jun 27, 2018, 1:41 PM

And if that weren't enough, their second year in the SEC (1934) Tulane won a share of the SEC championship. Put another way, Tulane has more SEC titles than SC.

Jun 27, 2018, 1:50 PM [ in reply to usuck has basically the same history as wake ]

No. We actually do not. We are much better than Wake forest. We have won 569 games all time, and they have only won 440. We have been ranked in the preseason 10 times, 9 times in the final, and 186 total ranked weeks. Wake has been ranked ONCE in preseason, only 4 times in final, and only ranked 42 weeks total. We have played in 22 bowls with 9 wins and they have only played in 12 bowls and have 8 wins. They have only won more than 10 games in a season ONCE ever!!!!

Jun 27, 2018, 2:12 PM

Except Wake beat SC in the first ever Gator Bowl!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: usuck has basically the same history as wake ]

Um 9/22<8/12 stay awake in math next time kid!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: usuck has basically the same history as wake ]

That's in the past ....who cares. Wake is much better school than Scar in every respect! Quit slandering them by comparing them in any way to Scar.

Jun 27, 2018, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: usuck has basically the same history as wake ]

So what you're saying is the Coots only have ONE more bowl win than Wake despite getting many more attempts.

Clemson has many ACC Championships in football

Jun 27, 2018, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Would you say 09-14 was the best in scar football ]

Actually the most. Championship trophies are what people usually talk about when they are talking about filling a trophy case, not the trophy you get for winning the Carquest Bowl. Yes, the two national championship years were awesome, but it’s not the only time we’ve been champions.

Jun 27, 2018, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Would you say 09-14 was the best in scar football ]

And your fans on here often laugh and keep talking about my bloomin onion bowl as if you guys forget your past before 2015. When you talk about Clemson you refer to 69-42 but other than that Clemson football was 1981 and 2015-2018. You forget you lost to freaking USF in 2010 in the mighty Meineke Car Care Bowl. Don’t forget where you came from and don’t get overly cocky about your recent championship success.

That's ridiculous and you know it. We certainly had some lean years but Clemson's history is much more extensive than 1981 or 2015 through 2018.

Jun 27, 2018, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Would you say 09-14 was the best in scar football ]

You forget you lost to USF in 2016 in the mighty Birmingham Bowl even with the two best offensive players in the sec

Jun 27, 2018, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Would you say 09-14 was the best in scar football ]

Um you might want to take a second look...
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/clemson/index.html

So Danny Ford only coached in 1981?

Jun 27, 2018, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Would you say 09-14 was the best in scar football ]

I was born in 1984, but I have heard through the grapevine that we were fairly decent throughout the 1980s.

Or that could just be more lies spread on T-Net that I’m regurgitating.

??

~JKB

Jun 27, 2018, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Would you say 09-14 was the best in scar football ]

Filled with bowl game trophies ? Y'all are below .500 in bowls .. something like 50th all-time in wins and Clemson jas more bowl wins than y'all have appearances .
Not for nothing brutherman , but there's nothing to talk about in Coot football history outside of the 69 ACC Championship and George Rogers .

That is the facts . Your on par with the East Carolinas and the Iowa States of the CFB world .

DB23

Jun 27, 2018, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss” ]

"lamecocks" have only had " a moment in time " never a history. Just the plain fact.

Jun 27, 2018, 5:18 PM

Correct statement except with one word replacement---"Limpcocks".

Who won your first bowl game?

Jun 27, 2018, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss” ]

Isn't his son on our staff now?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 yrs in the future, I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss”

Jun 27, 2018, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss” ]

Better?

Jun 27, 2018, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss” ]

Because there are some teams out there who actually have a good past. Enjoyable memories, Championships, Trophies, that sort of thing.

I wouldn't expect you coots to understand all that though...

Jun 27, 2018, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss” ]

gamecock mentality

please don't

Jun 27, 2018, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss” ]

TD this guy, I enjoy reading his satire and would like to get a few laughs every day

Re: please don't

Jun 27, 2018, 6:37 PM

a7xgates said:

TD this guy, I enjoy reading his satire and would like to get a few laughs every day

I'm not... I enjoy listening to his delusion!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2018, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss” ]

Then don't ever bring up y'alls 5 straight wins ever in the history of Clemson/Coot FB, it's lame if you do!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 10:42 AM

So is it preferable to say:

South Carolina's losses to the Citadel.

or

The Citadel's wins over South Carolina

I prefer the later.

Jun 27, 2018, 10:48 AM

The Citadel just sees is as another win. They are not taking down goal post like the team in Cola did when they beat New Mexico State. Go Tigers.

0 for

Jun 27, 2018, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I love it that the Gamcocks can’t say “The Citadel loss” ]

how many?????

Technically...

Jun 27, 2018, 12:56 PM

While they have lost 2 of the last 3 versus the Citadel, which is absolutely hilarious, both Clemson and South Carolina have multiple losses to the Bulldogs.

Of course, SCar has more with 8, while we’ve lost 5.

Does it matter that our last loss to them was 1931 and their last was 2015? Yes... yes it does.

Re: Technically...

Jun 27, 2018, 1:37 PM

Who cares. What you fail to realize is that we are 40-8 vs the citadel. That’s almost an 82% win percentage. Yes we lost last second in 2015 but it’s football. If you don’t bring your best against all opponents you can lose any game. We’ve lost three more agaisnt the citadel all time then you...

losing to the citadel now

Jun 27, 2018, 1:56 PM

is a lot worse than losing to them in the 30's when it was somewhat even. now there is no excuse for a power 5 team to lose to a division 2 school. no matter how good they are. you literally have every advantage over them.

i don’t fail to realize that at all

Jun 27, 2018, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Technically... ]

I acknowledged that both schools have lost to the Citadel. Both schools will obviously have very high win percentages against non Div 1 programs, the Citadel included, but the fact that in the modern era, SCar has lost 2 out of the last 3 to them is very funny to me.

Re: Technically...

Jun 28, 2018, 6:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Technically... ]

Would you like to compare SCAR's football resources against The Citadel's entire athletic budget?

You do understand that 1-AA school DO NOT have 85 scholarships; only 63.

You do understand that your players outweigh ours along the line by about 50 pounds.

When an SEC school loses to a Southern Conference school, "It just means more."

It’s ok!

Jun 27, 2018, 5:53 PM

I’ll say it for them.

And repeat it every day to them!

I’m kind like that.

~JKB

Re: It’s ok!

Jun 27, 2018, 6:22 PM

OK now I have it. Coots benchmarks are Wake and the Citadel. Seems reasonable.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic