Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I love football

Feb 7, 2021, 10:33 PM

I love playing football. I love watching football. I love talking football.

However, due to the stupidity of the NFL, spoiled athletes and that failed qb kaepernick, I didn't watch a single NFL game this season, including the Super Bowl, for the first time in my life. And I really didn't miss it.

That's all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love football

Feb 8, 2021, 6:26 AM

Well, I'm happy that you're happy about missing the Super Bowl. I watched only bc we had a few of our own Tigers representing in the Super Bowl. I quit the NFL with the lock outs, and replacement players was represent the professional FB!!! At that very time, we were shown that all they cared about was making money, and I still don't give a chit about the NFL, but I do wish Clemson players success in that league, at that level of FB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do people always ask for more money at their jobs!

Feb 8, 2021, 6:38 AM

Ridiculous. In my opinion, the owner should make all the decisions without the ignorant workers input and if they don’t want to work, fire them and get someone else equally qualified to do the job!

There are scores of sub 4.4 6’4 athletes all over the place just waiting for that chance. :^0

Feb 8, 2021, 6:56 AM

I will not blame this entirely on the stupidity of the NFL, but my feelings for the game changed with Atlanta's melt down in Super Bowl LI. Up until that point I had watched every Super Bowl since the first. I even had a team to pull for.
But after putting my heart and soul in that game( I was born in Atlanta, but am a die hard Cowboy fan ,I decided that if Dallas wasn't in the game, I would not watch it.
I took it one step further last year and made myself a promise not to watch any regular season games once the Cowboys were eliminated ,so again this year, I did not watch one single play-off game.

Feb 8, 2021, 7:42 AM

The Super Bowl and NFL have such an influence over our lives that you felt the need to declare against it. Isn’t that crazy!?

You hate it, and still have to talk about it...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can still enjoy the game and not agree with the politics

Feb 8, 2021, 8:58 AM

it was over the top during the Super Bowl but I either ignored it or made a quick comment to the family and moved on. Its not just the NFL, its pro sports in general bc they have that organized platform to do so and then in college sports to a lesser extent, bc its not as organized.

If its all the BLM stuff, you'd have to cut the tv off when our Tigers play too.

Decisions are made at the margins.

Feb 8, 2021, 9:10 AM

I've seen the "If you don't watch the NFL anymore, I guess you'd better stop watching Clemson" argument several times. It just doesn't hold water.

For one, if my passion for the NFL was at a 70, my passion for Clemson football might be at 100. Recent activity might have increased the minimum passion threshold to, say, an 80, for me to care to watch it. Enough to walk away from the NFL, but not my Tigers.

For another, one is a bunch of college students, the other is a bunch of ultrawealthy, over-exposed professional athletes. Having two sets of expectations is hardly hypocrisy.

null

While Im with you on the its easier to turn the NFL off...

Feb 8, 2021, 1:15 PM

(I watch for football entertainment without much care of the results) and hard to tune the Tigers but we'll have to disagree on it being two different situations. College kids dont have the platform to make such a strong message but our players dont really think much different than the entitled NFL guys. They are just 22 playing at Clemson this year, in two years some will be 24 playing in the NFL and lumped in the same category.

I dont remotely agree with the BLM organization and its pathetic to see companies move to the 'go woke or go broke' philosophy but if someone takes the stance they dont watch the NFL bc of it and then watches college football....you arent taking much a stance against the politics of it. Its just making an exception for what you ultimately care about...Clemson football...and Im in agreement with you that I can tolerate in college bc I love Clemson but dont have to waste my time with the NFL (even though I still watch it if its on).

Feb 8, 2021, 9:15 AM

People posting about not watching the NFL on here remind me of this girl I went to high school with on Facebook that's constantly making posts about how she's totally over her ex-husband.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic