Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I look at a lot of things differently from many of you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I look at a lot of things differently from many of you

Sep 20, 2019, 7:11 PM

Tiger football is one of them. So many Tigers are concerned with the way the season has developed, especially with the play of the QB. I couldn’t be more pleased with what I see on the field. IF (note caps) the team was playing perfect football three games into the season I would be more concerned than I am now. What I see is a team that is developing into another championship caliber team. IF every throw by T Law was on the money, if every carry by ETN was for big yardage, if every opponents pass or run was stopped for no gain etc. the team would have NOTHING to work for. The team right now sees that there is more work to do to be a top flight team. The hard work and effort will continue until the Tigers finally arrive at that level where they truly are the best. We’ve been there and the Tigers know what it took to be the best. Enjoy the games and look for that continued improvement until we walk off the field in New Orleans.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to argue!***

Sep 20, 2019, 7:19 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I look at a lot of things differently from many of you

Sep 20, 2019, 7:19 PM

I see both sides. Some people are jusr being objective. I am not worried because we have a cush schedule and will have all season to get to be our best. Its not like we have some brutal matchup coming up anytime soon. My only concern this season is that we stay healthy.

Absolutely

Sep 20, 2019, 7:22 PM

What I really love is that we lost a lot of guys and defense and it looks like a bunch of “no names” (to anyone outside of Clemson) in the front 7 have come out with a chip on their shoulder and have only allowed 1 garbage TD this year. Incredible.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Logic is sound -

Sep 20, 2019, 7:24 PM

agreed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imagine

Sep 20, 2019, 7:30 PM

Being a head coach after the game and saying “ you guys were great tonight, nothing to improve on this week”.
What would practice be like? What would the attitude of the team be.?

As a coach I’d rather be talking about better pass protection, or penaltys, or punt coverage or a dozen other things that just aren’t quite right. MY Tigers are right on schedule.

Re: Imagine

Sep 20, 2019, 7:32 PM

Dabo or one of our coaches had a lot of criticism of what we are doing, but said we were ahead of where we were last year at this time. They cover all bases. They critique and motivate.

eggs actly - reason that undefeated season are RARE....

Sep 20, 2019, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Imagine ]

did some baseball coaching - almost happy to lose early season cause knew we would knock off the Undefeated when it counted.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2019, 7:32 PM

Foresttiger, that is the result of winning 58 games in 41/5 seasons, fans become spoiled and don’t appreciate the wins.

Sep 20, 2019, 7:41 PM

I'm just waiting to hear the SEC excuses for them being so tired when we finally get to play them at the end of the season.

Actually, it is going to be confusing when our TIGERS finally manage to lose a game, which is inevitable. I hope we t-netters survive that day. :)

Like you, I am well pleased with where we are right now. The

Sep 20, 2019, 7:53 PM

last thing I ever want us to do is be like the 90's Atlanta Braves, and peak during the regular season, and then lay an egg in the post season. Kent Hrbek is still a 4 letter word to me, and if Lonnie Smith hadn't gotten deeked in that first one, who knows what subsequent history would have been. *Sigh*

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like you, I am well pleased with where we are right now. The

Sep 20, 2019, 7:54 PM

I think the Dodgers peaked to early this year.

Sep 20, 2019, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Like you, I am well pleased with where we are right now. The ]

Shouldn't have ever came to Smith getting faked out. The game before the umps blew it and called Justice out on an appeal of 3rd where the replay showed him scraping the bag. That call still haunts me.

Sep 20, 2019, 10:29 PM

Oops, was in the NLCS. I guess it didn't make a difference other than World Series rotation.

Sep 20, 2019, 10:37 PM

I don't buy the nothing to work for. I think perfection would inspire, give confidence and antisipation. At least it works that way with me.

Thanks for the insight but..

Sep 20, 2019, 10:48 PM

I think a week after talking about this many of us share that perspective.

we better start focusing***

Sep 20, 2019, 10:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like many things in life, the majority of Clemson fans

Sep 21, 2019, 12:29 AM

feel the same way you do.

The minority that doesn't, however, just happens to be much more vocal.

Sep 21, 2019, 3:18 AM

Ahh....FORESTTIGER - you always have to be different, don't ya!

No, really - your points are actually spot on. Agree with you. I'm pleased with just about everything this early. Believe we'll be scary good in that 3rd or 4th quarter of the season. For me, very pleased with the D this early (after a number of great ones gone from '18). If they keep improving, along with the offense, Tigers could be one seriously bad-a$$ team down the stretch.

But for now, let's stay healthy & dominate Charlotte tonight!

Go Ti-guhs....!

Most of us agree with you***

Sep 21, 2019, 3:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic