Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I like coach venables but....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,310

I like coach venables but....

Oct 23, 2013, 10:50 AM

He did the same thing at Oklahoma he is doing here. He had a solid D but here and there his defenses would get pretty much owned . Sometimes he produced a gem and this some games he stunk it up. It's a fact.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Oct 23, 2013, 10:51 AM

Tennessee LOL

Re: Tell 'em coot

Oct 23, 2013, 12:11 PM

MOST 'coots' love Venable's defense. That should tell ya something clemson80tiger. AND he is in fact following the same pattern he had at OK. He is what he is.

Yawn. How long was he at Oklahoma? 2 years only?

Oct 23, 2013, 10:51 AM

LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually....

Oct 23, 2013, 10:58 AM

He was the co-DC and LB coach at OU from 1999 to 2003 and the DC and LB coach from 2004 to 2011. He was at OU a total of thirteen years as either the co-DC or the DC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Actually....

Oct 23, 2013, 11:44 AM

Must have been pretty well thought of to be there that long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like coach venables but....

Oct 23, 2013, 10:52 AM

Our D was just ineffective against FSU. Hard to watch. Shouldn't have to be that way.

Field position and short drives on offense

Oct 23, 2013, 10:59 AM

were a definite factor

Oct 23, 2013, 10:54 AM

If you look at the scoreboard sure our D was bad against FSU, but eventually when you keep giving them the ball the defense will break.

null

Dood, you just ain't right.

He's made welcomed changes to our defense since his tenure began. We magically learned to tackle, our LBs have made some huge strides toward filling gaps and maintaining assignments and our seconday was all over FSU's great receivers even though they got out talented all night.

I'd really try to reason with you but it's obvious to anyone who's read more than two of your post you are either a hopeless nutcase or a coot with a Tigerlike handle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I keep looking and hoping for 4 star and 5 star recruits for the D line.

Look, stop saying I'm wrong and

Oct 23, 2013, 11:05 AM

Actually have a brain. I said I like him and he does well most of the time but it's a fact he lays an egg here and there. Yes the o didn't help him but he was exactly stopping fsu either. They did score 51 at home. Stop acting like the man didn't stink it up too. He was part of the problem. Most points scored on Clemson at home EVER and you idiots still finding him excuses. He gives up a lot here and there, it's fact.

Re: Look, stop saying I'm wrong and

Oct 23, 2013, 11:45 AM

I agree with you on some aspects but i will say this. When FSU was up 10 we stopped them 3 straight times plus an interception. The offense got no points instead went 3 and out on most and turned it over on 1. 3 straight chances to tie the game up or at least get it to a one possession game and we did nothing. Defense and offense feed from each other. When the defense makes consecutive stops and the offense does nothing. We gave up 17 points off turnovers in the first half. The defense when put in decent field position in the first half gave up 10 points, thats counting when we just punted it to them. If we play blame on offense or defense i give it to the offense for not being prepared, not making adjustments and not getting points. Did the defense give up a lot? yea they always have a big play here or there. but in the crucial point of the game they gave us the chance to regain momentum. The offense is what hurt us this game. People act like Morris is some sort of god but in our big games he lays eggs in his gameplanning. I just think people need to be critical of both.

Oct 23, 2013, 11:50 AM

Venebles is fine. Was stupid to double his salary when Oklahoma was in the process of running him off, but that's OK. And Morris is a good offensive mind. But sometimes it is a lot more about the Jimmy's and the joes, than the x's and the o's. That is what happened against USC last year, and that is what happened Saturday night.

Dropping a 300lb DT back in coverage on a crossing

Oct 23, 2013, 12:53 PM

sprinter WR...

Is that Jimmys , Joes , X's or O's ?

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,310
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic