Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I like The Way this Offense Is Evolving. About to Explode!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,616

I like The Way this Offense Is Evolving. About to Explode!

Sep 16, 2018, 10:10 AM

I realize most of the posters on Tnet aren't happy unless Clemson beats every team 65-0 with zero turnovers, 500 yards passing and 300 yards rushing per game with the Defense getting at least 3 pick-sixes and 10 sacks per game or they want someone fired or benched.....

With that said, I like what I am seeing in this offense. They are learning to be a vertical team again. I have had my difficulties watching Kelly's Bryant's fairly one-dimensional style at QB (After 7 years of Tajh Boyd and Deshaun Watson's Passing attacks), but he has been exactly what Trevor Lawrence has need to develop in a controlled style and this team is now to the point where I would wager by mid-October we are going to be putting up some gaudy offensive numbers.

We are finally becoming such a serious deep threat that defenses will no longer be able to stack the box and dare us to throw because the rapidly developing Trevor Lawrence has one of the fastest releases I have ever seen from a Clemson QB and his arm is a freaking howitzer. He is making throws that Kelly Bryant just can't make. We are getting vertical over the middle of the field again an starting to see the Tight Ends catch more balls which had always been huge in our success.

Playing time, experience and coaching will clean up the turnovers. We have great team leadership that I feel will be the key element to this team continuing to be a special year.

Hubris has always been the Clemson fan bases biggest flaw...I am just as guilty.

I think we are going to go through the ACC like crapping lighting....

Flame away naysayers....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: I like The Way this Offense Is Evolving. About to Explode!

Sep 16, 2018, 10:20 AM

Glad to see us start hitting the RE and the middle of the field. I'm believing the same thing, TL is about to take off and so is this offense...Go Tigers, beat the helloutta tech!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 10:24 AM

Agreed.... TL sees the seam and the TE opportunities and gets the ball downfield in the middle as well as to the outside. It's a big piece of what our O has been missing. He reads quickly and completely, then makes a good decision and releases the ball in a hurry with good velocity. By comparison, I thought KB's screen throws looked slow yesterday in the read, delivery motion and velocity.

If we can keep this attack going, it will keep the LBs concerned with the TE and slot receiver and keep the safeties out of the box, which should open the run game a lot.

Sep 16, 2018, 10:26 AM

Queue the KB/DABO/CO-OC'S Dumper parade .

This post is spot on , but there are 50+ gridiron-experts around that could've done without the positive spin on a "slow start" .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 16, 2018, 10:39 AM

I ended up going to the game last minute with my brother. TL is great to watch no matter what he does.Each series with him gave me this anticipation about what he would do next.Man what a release that kid has !

I like that when Trevor is in at QB the TE position is

Sep 16, 2018, 10:49 AM

suddenly a weapon again, particularly on those TE seam routes.

Also, Etienne got the most carries of his career yesterday with 16. It was only the 3rd time he's gotten 10+ carries in a game and it was just his 2nd 100 yard game. He averaged 10 YPC yesterday and is now at 7.7 YPC for the season after averaging 7.2 last year. I hope we continue to feed him the ball because he's an elite talent. I know our other backs are pretty good, but shortening the rotation and getting Etienne 15-20 carries per game will only make us better.

The coaches’ willingness to trust Lawrence is the key.

Sep 16, 2018, 10:50 AM

Unleashing Trevor is the key to an explosive offense. We all love Kelly, but he simply doesn’t have the tools to make us a dynamic, balanced offense.

I really like what I see out of Trevor. I read a few things after the A&M game about him “struggling” and “not being ready for that environment,” but I didn’t see it that way at all. I thought that the plays called when Lawrence was in against A&M were pretty poor considering Trevor’s skill set. He hasn’t gotten rattled or overwhelmed yet.

I just really like the way our offense flows with Trevor, and am excited about the potential our team has once he is getting a majority of the snaps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: The coaches’ willingness to trust Lawrence is the key.

Sep 16, 2018, 11:18 AM

You definitely hit it with "really like the way our offense flows when TL is our QB" ....So True. Our WR are getting the ball more, ETN is getting more carries, TE plays more , its obvious when you take KB out of the game, his running plays go to other skilled elite athletes on the team. Plus nothing against KB, he has excellent running skills, but giving the carries and receptions to our other players, opens up the offense and gives the other teams D a lot more to consider than just KB...

Sep 16, 2018, 10:59 AM

I couldn’t agree more, but it’s not gonna make this logic anymore popular around here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 11:10 AM

What have we been saying? Give the ball to ETN and play TL. KB is an asset also being the great running QB he is and there are always situations for him. Our offense will be awesome after a few more games.

Sep 16, 2018, 11:14 AM

Dabo wasn't happy either. Is he a naysayer?

Coach's Job is to always look for improvement

Sep 16, 2018, 11:17 AM

But you knew that...didn't you?

Re: Coach's Job is to always look for improvement

Sep 16, 2018, 11:21 AM

It's that way for the fans as well. Ironically, he pointed out the exact same things that we fans were bothered by as well. Sucks we(including Dabo) are all naysayers though. You didn't know that though.

Enjoy your misery

Sep 16, 2018, 11:25 AM

Some people just want to fuss....

I'll enjoy the win and the improvement in the team...There are plenty of people that want to nit-pick...

Re: Enjoy your misery

Sep 16, 2018, 11:31 AM

I love our team and I am not in misery. I love talking football realistically. By your standard Dabo is in misery. I'll enjoy the improvements in the team as well. When you want to join the world in reality, we will welcome you with open arms. Some of us just like talking football like what happens every day on TV. That doesn't mean people are in misery. People are talking about what they saw in a particular game. We all know we are capable of great things and we will improve and explode at times. You're not exactly breaking new ground here or being psychic.

Sep 16, 2018, 11:25 AM

The only way this offense explodes is they stick to one QB and let him build continuity with the ones and open up the play book for Trevor. JMO

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is pretty much what this thread was about...

Sep 16, 2018, 11:28 AM

As talented and Trevor Lawrence is, he is still an 18 year true Freshman that needs to get physically stronger and be developed into the obvious great player is will probably be.

The year's team has had the luxury of not forcing him in but develop him in a controlled way that when he does win the starting job he will have a lot of experience and will know the play book better.

Re: That is pretty much what this thread was about...

Sep 16, 2018, 11:34 AM

By years end we will have a great O. By game 5 we will have a great offense that is in the zone. I think people are already looking to Bama and what it will take to beat them though. I think that's the main reason why people break it all down. We want it all. We are going to sweep the ACC.

That I agree with...But Bama shouldn't be on our radar now

Sep 16, 2018, 11:54 AM

They will be there waiting for us...We just need to develop this team. I don't like looking down the road. We are going to get every teams "A" game from here our and teams like NC State can be a thorn in our side

Re: That I agree with...But Bama shouldn't be on our radar now

Sep 16, 2018, 12:02 PM

Fair enough. We "naysayers" are all in too and love the team and believe in the future possibilities. We all have our approach. I don't think any of us who break it down and don't hype it are naysayers though. We believe as well. We want to see it. Anyway, we're all on the same page as far as the big picture. Just different approaches.

There is a big difference in breaking down plays vs spiteful

Sep 16, 2018, 12:09 PM

For example...We missed 2 FGs and need to work on it or "Greg Hugel sucks!"

It's great to break down a play and talk about went wrong and how to improve, but the "Johnny Rain cloud" stuff just gets old.

I love talking about how Trevor Lawrence in his first game came out with a swagger but was throwing too hard and is now developing a touch.

There is a difference in questioning the wisdom of a specific play call or even how a game was schemed vs "Fire the OC"!...

I don't think you are in that group BTW..

Howitzers are low velocity cannon...He's More a Rheinmetal

Sep 16, 2018, 12:05 PM

120mm Smoothbore

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even I would complain if we had 800 yards of offense with 3-pick-6s...

Sep 16, 2018, 12:07 PM

And only scored 65 points a game.

??

I think you’re spot on with your post.

~JKB

Sep 16, 2018, 9:04 PM

still waiting for coaches to turn Trevor loose out there.........guy can throw the ball accurately for 50+ yards but we have him throwing 5 yard bubble screen passes most of the time........time to turn him loose and let him show us what he can do........Go Tigers!!!!

I'd like to see us switch up QB's more often - during

Sep 16, 2018, 9:38 PM

drives instead of drive by drive. Whatever suits our playcalling at the moment - KB and TL can each deliver, and what's a D gonna do? And don't sell Brice short.

With the Bama Mega Machine in motion, it wouldn't hurt for us to take advantage of the embarrassment of riches of our own at QB and mix it up even more.

#We3Deep

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,616
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic