Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can ETN still declare for the draft if he feels college football will be cancelled for 2020??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Can ETN still declare for the draft if he feels college football will be cancelled for 2020??

Mar 27, 2020, 1:11 PM

Might want to get paid for sitting around?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can ETN still declare for the draft if he feels college football will be cancelled for 2020??

Mar 27, 2020, 1:14 PM

Hmm. Interesting question. I’m not sure. Maybe the supplemental draft? Uncharted territory methinks.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can ETN still declare for the draft if he feels college football will be cancelled for 2020??

Mar 27, 2020, 1:16 PM

Wouldn't think so since the seasons not been canceled. I would be an interesting question, however, if it had.

If college football is cancelled, NFL football will be too

Mar 27, 2020, 1:18 PM

I doubt NFL GM's are going to be excited about handing out huge new contracts for a year which might produce Zero revenue

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If college football is cancelled, NFL football will be too

Mar 27, 2020, 1:22 PM

True, but there will be a draft anyway though. Also, maybe they will want to lock him up on a lesser deal? I agree though that this sounds complicated.

I know this is too practical of a response.

Mar 27, 2020, 3:36 PM

They would have to announce it was cancelled first. No offense to Herbstreit but none of his credentials give him the knowledge to make that call now. I guarantee you everyone involved in College and NFL football is still planning to play as of now. Heck, they are still stating they want to finish Basketball and Hockey in the pros.

If they did cancel now, who is to say that the pros would play(and then get paid.) I am sure if a player was drafted this year, knowing the season wasn't being played would get a signing bonus but I imagine some of the contracts(and definitely any new ones) would have something stating that if the season isn't played most or all of the money isn't getting paid.

Re: I know this is too practical of a response.

Mar 27, 2020, 8:18 PM

A noon August football game in the South is exactly what this virus needs to kick its @ss. I have a hard time myself surviving one of those games. The virus wouldn't stand a chance.

Mar 27, 2020, 9:04 PM

He would gain nothing since the NFL season would also be canceled.

There is no incentive for him to want to do this.

Mar 27, 2020, 9:08 PM

Other than getting paid compared to not getting paid. The NFL players will still be paid.

Mar 27, 2020, 11:37 PM

How much will NFL rookies be paid if the season is canceled?

Mar 27, 2020, 11:00 PM

He couldn't get into the upcoming draft but this situation may qualify him for the supplemental draft which has been used before by players with eligibility issues. The most famous was Cris Carter.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic