Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know I'm not the only on here that is married to a teacher
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 115
| visibility 1

I know I'm not the only on here that is married to a teacher

May 28, 2015, 10:36 AM

Yes, they do get a lot of time off but I know a lot of them that stay long after school to get stuff done for the next day or week. There are a lot that will go to the school throughout the summer to get their classroom ready for the next year. Some teach summer school and/or attend summer institute to learn new/different teaching methods.

There are some that leave school as soon as they can, do not set foot in the school until the first day they have to report back and if you were to try to find them during the summer you'd need a trained search team.

Not that either method makes any of them a better or worse teacher, but you can tell the ones who care and actually enjoy their job.

There's a reason they get so many days off, THEY NEED THEM AFTER DEALING WITH KIDS ALL DAY FOR 180 DAYS! There are some days I can't stand to be around my own 2 kids for very long and I sure as hayall don't want to have to deal with other people's kids as a job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mumbette is a special ed aide. Tough job when you

May 28, 2015, 10:47 AM

connect with those kids every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

That's another thing that grinds my gears; aides are

May 28, 2015, 10:58 AM

expected to do as much or more as teachers for a fraction of the pay. I'm not saying they should get teacher pay, they just shouldn't be expected to do some of the stuff asked of them for the salary they get.

What are the requirements of a teachers aide?

May 28, 2015, 11:10 AM

I've heard nurses say the same things about doctors, but would you want a nurse acting as a doctor?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She is one of two aides in the class.

May 28, 2015, 11:47 AM [ in reply to That's another thing that grinds my gears; aides are ]

The other one is a fat, hateful mean-spirited Christian woman who loves to talk about her church and yell at profoundly retarded kids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mumbette has aids?***

May 28, 2015, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Mumbette is a special ed aide. Tough job when you ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

No, you old geezer.

May 28, 2015, 2:27 PM

Heh ;)

Not AIDS. Special AIDS. Hear that's some bada$$ stuff.***

May 28, 2015, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Mumbette has aids?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, I know my eyesight and hearing aren't what they

May 28, 2015, 3:29 PM

used to be, but come on. ;)

Are you getting tested regularly?

May 28, 2015, 3:43 PM

You don't need to catch it too, you know.

Mrs. Tig is a teacher, and grossly underpaid.

May 28, 2015, 10:52 AM

Because I said so.

And we all know that there is iron in my words of teachers for all Comanche to see.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This week, I am totally fine if we raise

May 28, 2015, 10:55 AM

York County taxes to get Mrs.RH a $100,000 raise. I'll fake my death and vote twice if it gets you to Austin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chief Lone Watie

May 28, 2015, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Mrs. Tig is a teacher, and grossly underpaid. ]

speaks.

That's actually a Ten Bears quote, but...

May 28, 2015, 11:08 AM

I do endeavor to persevere.

F*ck, and I new that.***

May 28, 2015, 11:14 AM

too bad your horse is pulling a wagon up in kansas***

May 28, 2015, 11:15 AM [ in reply to That's actually a Ten Bears quote, but... ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I notice when you get to DISliking someone,

May 28, 2015, 11:17 AM

they ain't around long, neither."

You sound frustrated and angry.

May 28, 2015, 10:59 AM

You really should go see a Dave Matthews Band concert.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Lutz.***

May 28, 2015, 11:01 AM

they're in Charlotte june 10th

May 28, 2015, 11:57 AM [ in reply to You sound frustrated and angry. ]

HTDH

Not married to a teacher, haven't been conjugal with one

May 28, 2015, 11:03 AM

in 20+ years.

It's not a job I'd want, or could even do.

But on the flip side, crappy pay isn't a secret before they start that career.

Re: I feel no pity for a teacher

May 28, 2015, 11:05 AM

its a job just like the rest of us have a job, they chose that profession and if its "hard" on them, then quit, do something else, idgaf. They get every holiday off with pay, they get a 2 month break from their job with pay, they have the option, just like the rest of us, to further their education. Its a job, just like I have a job. They knew what they signed up for.

they do not get holidays with pay

May 28, 2015, 12:05 PM

They get paid for 190 days per fiscal year
Principals and counselors make more $ because they work more days

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: they get a day off and still get a paycheck

May 28, 2015, 12:51 PM

They know their salary, they know they days off they get, they know the job. If they don't like it, quit

Isn't that true for anybody?***

May 28, 2015, 1:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Exactly***

May 28, 2015, 1:07 PM

Re: Ooooh so basically all jobs are the same***

May 28, 2015, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Isn't that true for anybody?*** ]

I am married to a teacher

May 28, 2015, 11:15 AM

that has been unemployed for ~19 years. She has lots of spare time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

So, you aren't really married to a teacher then?

May 28, 2015, 11:17 AM

You gave your wife the most thankless job of all. Way to go, sport.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are trade offs to every profession, right?

May 28, 2015, 11:56 AM

For me, I think it would be really interesting to teach most subjects, especially if I was teaching at least at a high school level where I could start to learn some things myself. Teacher pay in a lot of school districts is really good right off the bat (it was over $50k in Fairfax County, VA, which is a huge school district); you're off in the early afternoon and don't work summers; you have good benefits; and you can retire with a pension that's larger than most people's salary when they're working. I'd also like that there were a bunch of good looking young women teaching.

I wouldn't like having to deal with kids who didn't care about what was being taught; parents who only cared about their kid getting a certain grade and not whether their kid was learning anything or about disciplining their kid; the relatively low ceiling for pay, especially for elementary school teachers; or the constant meddling in the curriculum/ how things are being taught by far away bureaucrats.

Still, I think it's a pretty good gig if you're in the right places. Being in certain school districts would probably magnify the negatives and diminish the positives, though. Working for a really good private school would probably really shrink the negatives. And teaching college has a whole other set of pluses and minuses, although it would really give you a chance to learn something new and teach it to more advanced students.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this a long-winded way of saying you'd like to teach

May 28, 2015, 12:30 PM

sex ed in high school or college?

WHO WOULDN'T BE ALL IN FOR THAT JOB?!!!?!?

I am married to a teacher.

May 28, 2015, 12:00 PM

They deserve summers off BECAUSE THEY AREN'T ALLOWED TO KILL THEIR STUDENTS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She should at least be allowed to tie them to their desks.***

May 28, 2015, 2:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am married to a teacher***

May 28, 2015, 12:01 PM

I think what the whole argument boils down to is...

May 28, 2015, 12:49 PM

People don't like people who complain about things that are totally in their control

Is it really?

May 28, 2015, 1:19 PM

I mean I like my job and it is structured in such a way that if want to make more money I can bring in more business and/or score high on reviews and I can also go and ask for a raise.

Someone who likes teaching really can't do anything to make more money other that get 2 more degrees so beyond that it kind of is out of their control.

My fear is all the teachers will take the advise of if you don't like it do something else and we'll be stuck with hoards of knee biters running amuck unsupervised.

Isaac Asimov

I would love to work for a pro sports team, but they pay

May 28, 2015, 2:08 PM

nothing...therefore I don't seek out a job for a pro sports team.

I hear what you're saying, but at the end of the day teachers know what it pays going in...props to them, but I don't want to hear them complain about it

shorty = phiggy***

May 28, 2015, 1:14 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

phiggy is short, but he ain't Shorty.***

May 28, 2015, 1:17 PM

I've met both.***

May 28, 2015, 1:23 PM

I haven't read anything at all about Florence, or forklifts

May 28, 2015, 1:19 PM [ in reply to shorty = phiggy*** ]

of great granpa, or knowin' everybody, nor tobacco pickin'.

Well I was drunk the day grandpa went tobacco pickin' and I

went to Florence to work my shift. But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck, he got runned over by a dammed forklift. So I'll hang around as long as the people he knew will let me and I never minded standing in the rain!

Ms. Wilbur82 teaches Kindergarten here in RVA

May 28, 2015, 1:19 PM

The administration has thrown so much BS on them they are all ready to quit. For instance they now have to give letter grades starting in Kindergarten, they can't have a Halloween party or (Heaven forbid) use the term Merry Christmas. She stays 2 hours after school most every day and then comes home and cuts out stuff for each of her students. Next year they expect 137 kids, as of now, in 5 Kindergarten classrooms (that's 27 - 28 kids per class for you non engineers)

She wants to find a teaching job in Oconee or Pickens, something a bit more rural, so we can move back to God's country (and pay in-state tuition). Stay tuned.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Good luck! I hope you can do it.

Pickens County pays better than Greenville, but I don't know about Oconee County.

Tmale pigs of wife and I will see what kind of job I can

May 28, 2015, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Ms. Wilbur82 teaches Kindergarten here in RVA ]

find her.

Rim job***

May 28, 2015, 5:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Hope it works out.

May 28, 2015, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Ms. Wilbur82 teaches Kindergarten here in RVA ]

We're always looking for new talent for tailgate and VomitFest!

As a former teacher and coach

May 28, 2015, 1:29 PM

During the season (January-April) I left home at 6 and returned home at 7 on days we didn't have games. On game days, I would leave home at 6 and usually make it home around 1 am. In the meantime, I was teaching English, and we were required the have at least a 1 page writing assignment for students each week, and they were expected to be returned, graded, with comments in a week. Now my 8 classes averaged 20 students. That's 160 papers due each week. Now I'm probably only going to get 120 total papers. Now, if you're good, you can get through a paper every 5 minutes (remember, they want comments, and yes, the administration would spot check the papers to ensure you were performing this task) that's 10 hours of work. Of course, this has nothing to do lesson plans and other assignments, which also require grading, so throw in another 10 hours per week right there. So, if I continue to do that math, that's 3 13 hour days, 2 17 hour days a week, in addition to 25 hours of grading/planning per week. So in total January through April, I was pulling around 100 hours a week for four months. Of course, none of this extra time is compensated, other than a 1,200 dollar coaching stipend. So basically, that's a free 60 hours a week. So, trust me, "getting summers off" probably just about covers those extra hours.

Wait a second though, summers off? Let's go ahead and add in a week of coaching clinics (required by unpaid of course) and a week of professional development (again, unpaid), and that shaves another 2 weeks off summer. Than you have to consider that teachers, at a minimum show up a week before the students, shaving off another week of summer break. Yeah, other than that, teaching is a great gig.

wait, I forget to add in the 3 spring tournaments we hosted

May 28, 2015, 1:32 PM

So that's 3 weekends in January, Saturday and Sunday both 12 hours days minimum. So throw an extra 34 hours into the mix. Hold up though, you are also required to coach a middle school team for free in May, so that's an extra 20 hours a week when the season ends.

as a former sysadmin and IT director...

Aug 25, 2023, 6:17 PM [ in reply to As a former teacher and coach ]

This is pretty typical, but I worked 4 weekdays last year that were over 30 hours straight through. Wait a second..weekends off? 1 "day" was a Friday afternoon that was over 40 hours long straight through. After that, I was expected at work the next work day to clean up up whatever messes were left over from the outage. These systems can't ever be down, because for some reason, doctors like to make sure they don't kill their patients by having the wrong or incomplete information.

Normally, when I have to travel, I have to leave on Sundays (midday) which really caps off a great weekend, and get to go to really awesome places like Shelton, Ct or Shltville, Il, where I take my bags to a hotel, drop them off, then go to a datacenter for 12-30 hours, go back to the hotel, pick up my bag, and fly back home only to go to work first thing again in the morning. Sometimes, that process has lasted through until the next Saturday, where I work through until Sunday, then start the whole process on Monday, essentially not having a day off in 2 weeks.

I am on call 24x7x365 and frequently get calls after 11:00pm for things that seemingly anyone who can turn on a computer can figure out. 2 years ago I had a Clemson football game trip cancelled at the last minute on Thursday due to a hardware outage (no refund on the in-Clemson hotel rooms at a ~$700 loss). At the end of last year, due to projects I had to do, I gave up 77 hours of earned PTO time that didn't roll over to this year.

But hey, all this includes dealing with the drama of 10 other adults who consistently complain and whine when any new project is given to them, their complaining about everything from each other, to their salaries, to their titles. Also include their 6 month performance reviews, and the associated HR issues. Fun!

But all this fun doesn't even include having to perform my own projects for areas I personally am responsible that often creep up at the last minute, during the worst times (like, say Fridays at 9 pm - like last weekend for 4 hours of searching the last 2 years of costs for a new project my boss wanted for Monday AM, but had to have Saturday).

The big benefit i have is working from home, where I can complain about it all on Tigernet, like you are doing.

So yeah..I'm certain everyone in here can add to your bisch session of work related issues.

Everybody has crap in their job they don't like. And If you don't like it...do something else. I'm sorry, but hearing someone whine about coaching high school football or having to work two weeks in the summer doesn't really pull at my heart strings.

As a former sysadmin and IT director

May 28, 2015, 2:13 PM

I'm sure you were compensated for your time.

I'm salary, man.

May 28, 2015, 2:17 PM

Every hour i work over 40 my hourly rate goes down. But you're right..sometimes i check out ay 4:30 on Fridays for an early start to the weekend.

And how do you compensate someone for working 30+ hours straight, multiple times? And weekends? and calls at 3 am on Saturday? Compensation? pfft. You get to keep your job, thats the compensation, because thats all part of it. I knew it going in. If I wanted 8-5, i wouldn't be in IT.

Regardless..i think you are missing the point.

No, I think you're missing the point

May 28, 2015, 2:30 PM

First let me say, I get it, no one put a gun to my head and made me be a teacher (they did basically say if I wanted a job I had to coach) but still it was my choice. I liked working with kids, and I liked coaching. That said, this is why teaching has such a high turnover in young teachers (I know it's why I quit after 5 years).

I will say that you won't find many jobs that require 100 hour work weeks at a set salary of around 35k-40K. I'm guessing you were pulling in more than that at IT, and if not, you should find a new job. My point about "summers" is the time off is usually grossly exaggerated.

So it took you 5 years to figure this out, and you're still

May 28, 2015, 3:01 PM

not happy about it?

So really..what is your complaint? That you didn't know? Did you ever talk to anyone who was doing it before you started doing it? Seems like they'd be glad to tell you that. In a lot less time than 5 years.

As to your salary question...

May 28, 2015, 3:03 PM

I think I started out in IT at about 27K or something like that in 1996. I started helping a guy cable office buildings.

As an IT admin though, I'm assuming you made more

May 28, 2015, 3:11 PM

As a teacher, you start at 38K, and if you work hard for 25 years you make it to 53K.

Link:
http://www.brenhamisd.net/default.aspx?name=pay_scale

No, it took me 5 years to burn out

May 28, 2015, 3:07 PM [ in reply to So it took you 5 years to figure this out, and you're still ]

I really like the job, but the low pay, high stress, and long hours finally broke me.

Boo. Freaking. Hoo. People.

May 28, 2015, 2:35 PM [ in reply to as a former sysadmin and IT director... ]

Being a warlord is 24/7/365 and my entire compensation is wholly based on the result of how much I'm willing to murder, rape, terrorize, burn, and/or pillage.

Of course, I REALLY like to murder, rape, terrorize, burn, and/or pillage.

Were the positions you accepted falsely advertised?***

May 28, 2015, 2:29 PM [ in reply to As a former teacher and coach ]

Time spent is actually never discussed

May 28, 2015, 2:32 PM

You don't realize how the time stacks up. When I was hired, 100 hours a week expectations was certainly not mentioned.

You mean you didn't ask how much time was going to be...

May 28, 2015, 3:14 PM

expected?

I would have thought simply having been a student would have given you some idea. I know i saw our coaches putting in all kinds of time when I was in HS.

Anyways...

I would say the majority of new teachers

May 28, 2015, 3:15 PM

Do not anticipate 100 hour weeks.

maybe cause they're stupid?....

May 28, 2015, 3:19 PM

just kidding :)

but 100 hour work weeks...I'm gonna have to call bs on that. 100 hr work week would be 14 hours a day 7 days a week. Come on. Get there at 6am and leave at 8pm every day of the week? puhlease

But...I also don't care so much, so no need to prove it to me, unless you're just dying to.

Check out my math up top.

May 28, 2015, 3:23 PM

When I was working I used to keep track.

no thanks***

May 28, 2015, 3:26 PM

Cool

May 28, 2015, 5:24 PM

but if you're not interested, why question?

I was just giving you a hard time***

May 28, 2015, 5:31 PM

Cool

May 28, 2015, 5:41 PM

It's hard to tell sometimes. There has been an influx of ######## recently.

Yep,....

May 28, 2015, 1:35 PM

My wife taught 32 years at Daniel and 6 years in the English Department at Clemson. She will be teaching again in August at Maui College.

Both my parents were lifelong teachers, Dad for 46 years and Mom 15 years.

They all worked year around. In fact, I'm estimating my Dad averaged 70 hour work weeks during his career and my wife 60 hour work weeks.

What years was she at Daniel?

May 28, 2015, 1:37 PM

She may have been there when myself and/or @tdrake went through.

I'm thinking it was '79 thru '07....

May 28, 2015, 1:42 PM

which would only be 29 years. So, I may be off on the 32 years.

Swanson ring a bell?

swimmy.....swammy.....swanson....***

May 28, 2015, 1:45 PM

Well done! - "Samsonite! I was way off!"

May 28, 2015, 2:47 PM

"I knew it started with an S, though."

MauldinT, where are you???

I should never try and do math before 9am in the morning....

May 28, 2015, 1:46 PM [ in reply to I'm thinking it was '79 thru '07.... ]

It's still 7:40 am here.

Seems that she may have taught me Engrish in 10th or 11th

May 28, 2015, 2:01 PM

grade. I'll have to dig out my yearbook and take a gander and see what she looks like.

I did not have her.

May 28, 2015, 2:10 PM [ in reply to I'm thinking it was '79 thru '07.... ]

I believe she was well liked, although not sleeping with her students like Mrs. Lovedahl (who I had twice).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

define "had"***

May 28, 2015, 2:31 PM

I'll ask cam to write a few hundred word definition...***

May 28, 2015, 2:49 PM

I mean "had" as in you had her for a teacher....

May 28, 2015, 3:15 PM

or "had" as in you had her in the back of your El Camino.

I've never owned an El Camino.***

May 28, 2015, 3:53 PM

Loser***

May 28, 2015, 4:59 PM

She still is well liked, lol.....

May 28, 2015, 5:25 PM [ in reply to I did not have her. ]

In recent years, I have seen former students run up to her with tears in their eyes and throw their arms around her. Once in Glacier Park in Montana, once in Austin Texas at the airport, a couple of times in Atlanta. Nobody yet in Maui.

It's amazing to me, because as a civil/construction manager I have never elicited that reaction from anybody. I have had a few come up and say, "I remember you, you SOB." Of course, in my profession I consider that the ultimate compliment. ;)

My wife used to be a first grade teacher. Now she

May 28, 2015, 2:47 PM

runs her own bidness from home.

When she was teaching, she worked at home most nights and weekends and spent a lot of her own money for supplies. She's much happier now.

Seems like more of the teaching complaints are really

May 28, 2015, 2:59 PM

complaints that teaching isn't what the person going into it thought it was going to be.

Teaching isn't a new career, so it would seem to me that there's a lot of information out there about what it *really* is.

I think the main problem stems from the fact they also have

May 28, 2015, 3:07 PM

to serve on committees and groups inside the school that take away from them being able to spend their time teaching.

Yea, and those meetings are usually scheduled at time

May 28, 2015, 3:11 PM

when they would normally be getting preparation done.

main prollem is they think they over werked and under paid

May 28, 2015, 3:15 PM [ in reply to I think the main problem stems from the fact they also have ]

but then they get those sweet sweet 10 week summer vacations, have fantastic bennies/retirement plans, and are generally too scared/lazy to do something else.

Also consider they work mainly among females, which becomes a petri dish for general complaints, rumors, etc. That's why they complain so much. They don't realize that level of complaining isn't generally accepted at other professions.

So they didn't know anything about that either?

May 28, 2015, 3:21 PM [ in reply to I think the main problem stems from the fact they also have ]

Again...is this new stuff that never happened before?

Probably not back in the day but now they have all these

May 28, 2015, 3:25 PM

rules and regulations they have to have all this crap. You wouldn't believe what you have to go through to retain a kid nowadays.

A lot of the political crap gets old too as far as which

May 28, 2015, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Seems like more of the teaching complaints are really ]

party gains power and tries to change all the requirements, etc.

Mrs. Tig left a management job at USPS for teaching.

May 28, 2015, 3:24 PM [ in reply to My wife used to be a first grade teacher. Now she ]

She doesn't complain about teaching because she actually experienced a job that drives people to mental-breakdown induced shooting sprees. She is much happier now, and I even finally gave her the combination to the gun safe.

Do you know what it means when they fly the flag at

May 28, 2015, 3:30 PM

half-staff at the Post Office?

They're hiring.

What is her sex cam address?***

May 28, 2015, 5:42 PM [ in reply to My wife used to be a first grade teacher. Now she ]

Well, she is from Columbia County.***

May 28, 2015, 7:57 PM

go on...***

May 29, 2015, 9:49 AM

Appling, thank God, and not Martinez. Now, if she

May 29, 2015, 11:39 AM

was from Martinez...

She would be a real sloot? Probably.....

May 29, 2015, 1:37 PM

I'm not from here either, but oddly enough my major complaint is lack of sloots in the area.

Re: I know I'm not the only on here that is married to a teacher

May 28, 2015, 7:46 PM

My youngest is a teacher and she leaves home at 6:30 and gets home about 6:00. Every night and even weekends she is doing something school related while being a single mother of two boys and earning her masters. I think they are grossly underpaid

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Some here who do not understand what teaching involves

May 29, 2015, 10:53 AM

might describe her as stupid. It is probably envy because folks love and appreciate a good teacher.

Go Tigers, support your good teachers.

Re: Some here who do not understand what teaching involves

May 30, 2015, 1:45 AM

She s

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

A good teacher is worth more than

May 29, 2015, 10:33 AM

a politician. I don't mean a good politician because there are probably none of those. My regards to your spouse.

Go Tigers, teach ASU a good lesson.

I won't even venture into the "how hard my job is" debate.

May 29, 2015, 10:58 AM

It's hard. I'd imagine a lot of people think their job is hard.

I won't even get into the "two months off" stuff.

All I'll say is that for a lot of you guys in the brutal, unforgiving, no-holds-barred free market of the corporate/business/"real" world...

you have a sh*t ton of time to post on Tigernet. I sure don't have that kind of time.

That's all.

24 hours in a day, brah***

May 29, 2015, 11:00 AM

I didn't have time for Tigernet

May 29, 2015, 11:06 AM [ in reply to I won't even venture into the "how hard my job is" debate. ]

until I retired. The non-teachers here would starve if they entered the teaching profession. Yes, they are dedicated professionals.

Go Tigers, if you go professional, thank a teacher.

Well, you really only get fired from teaching for

May 29, 2015, 11:24 AM

inappropriate conduct with students and every school I've ever seen has a cafeteria. I don't really know why you posted that we would starve.

Message was edited by: aerozeptallica®

Re: Well, you really only get fired from teaching for

May 29, 2015, 12:38 PM

I don't think you know what you are posting and I certainly don't either. Teaching and research positions are carefully reviewed and evaluated for years before tenure is awarded. Additionally, I was referring to the non-teachers who hang here all day every day posting stuff like yours. Why don't you get a job to keep you busy?

Go Tigers, get the job done.

Yet again, you change your tune in your very next post.***

May 29, 2015, 12:46 PM

Re: Yet again, you change your tune in your very next post.***

May 29, 2015, 1:46 PM

You need more help than I can give you, Ace. Try someone other than Rush, bengaline, etc.

Go Tigers, don't be led astray by crackpots.

Who said a #### thing about Rush?

May 29, 2015, 2:00 PM

Where did that even come from? You need the help, seeing as you can't seem to stay on topic.

Are you

May 29, 2015, 3:48 PM

staying on the topic of teaching? Dude, all I have to do is remind myself now and again that you are as helpless and harmless as a newborn. I will enjoy my weekend knowing that I will not have to put up with the likes of you radicals.

Go Tigers, make me enjoy my weekend.

Well, bye.

You are the one who went from

May 29, 2015, 4:00 PM

teaching to research positions, when all the post were clearly about high school teachers and below. Then somehow brought in Rush when that had not one single thing to do with what we were posting about.

So, if you want to come around and offer your opinions on things, at least try to stay close to what we are POSTING about. You know because there is a canyon's difference between talking about something and posting about something.

Hush, you radical, you

May 29, 2015, 4:04 PM

;)

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

He's RAD!

May 29, 2015, 4:10 PM

#ACCFTS

That is hilarious.***

May 29, 2015, 4:12 PM

See how much of this you can watch

May 29, 2015, 4:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb21lsCQ3EM

#ACCFTS

his canned response playbook only goes about 3 pages***

May 29, 2015, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Who said a #### thing about Rush? ]

Replies: 115
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic