Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That was just PAWful - Announcers see the obvious
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

That was just PAWful - Announcers see the obvious

Feb 1, 2020, 10:09 PM

Brownell is just a horrific teacher & motivator who brings no energy or emotion to the game. I feel bad for the players who are basically just stranded on a deserted island with no hope for improving their situation. The Internet rumor that BB is a great "X & O" guy is ludicrous--- he can't even draw up a successful inbounds play.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know I shouldn’t even take the bait, but...

Feb 1, 2020, 10:13 PM

Have you seen the players after the duke and UNC wins and their reaction to coach B? They love him.

What plays would YOU draw up “coach”mac? where was your coaching expertise from anyways?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That was just PAWful - Announcers see the obvious

Feb 1, 2020, 10:45 PM

No loss is truly complete without the profundity of coachmac.

aka the idiot at the end of the run down local bar who has something to say about everything yet knows nothing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, the announcers tonight were talking about what a great coach he is.

Feb 1, 2020, 10:48 PM

I know it’s hard for you to believe, but he is well respected among his coaching peers.

What would you have done differently tonight if you were our coach? Please don’t say “drive to the basket more.”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Actually they were talking about the 'running a program'

Feb 1, 2020, 11:37 PM

which is a WHOLE lot different than being a good coach. They spent way more time ridiculing the dumb mistakes that our players were doing--especially Trapp.

This team has one player (Simms) who could start for another ACC team & one guy (Mack) who would significant playing time off a bench. Therefore, BB philosophy of the 4 out guards is dumb as it relies on the ability to have guys being able to win 1-1 situations. I've said it MANY times here that our teams need each other to be available to help out each other...specifically with different types of screens, backcuts, drive & dish and hi-lo action. Much of this offensive inefficiency could be remedied by pressing & fastbreaks to get easy buckets for a team without a post presence. The only 2 guys who deserve a 'greenlight' on 3's are Tyson/Hemenway; but their inability to play M2M hurts their playing time. Clemson ranks next to last in the ACC for offensive rebounds because they take long 3's either way early or late in shot clock and then send none to the glass, but amazingly do not get back on "D" to stop the ball?!

Defensively, about half the time, the players don't seem to know if they are in zone or man with so many wide open shots for the other team. Personally, I would go to a 1-3-1 match up zone with Simms on the back and trap on the wings depending on the player. We are back to the days of great athletes playing basketball instead of pure basketball players and we need to take advantage of the athleticism. The biggest flaw of Brownell is that he apparently only knows 1 system and/or refuses to adapt his style to his players strengths, which is inexcusable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Actually they were talking about the 'running a program'

Feb 1, 2020, 11:39 PM

+1 from me for providing a thoughtful answer whether I agree with it or not.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Evaluation & Recruiting money players.***

Feb 1, 2020, 10:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic