Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know I dont post much anymore... I just wanted to complain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 638

I know I dont post much anymore... I just wanted to complain

Jan 22, 2020, 12:26 PM

real quick though. I dont know why, or what good it will do. Cancer Sucks. Right now, I have an employee's wife who is going on hospice, an aunt who has probably less than a year, and a neighbor that still has a chance of being hopefully cured, but it is not looking great for him.

Anywho, I have been praying for these people for healing, for them to accept Jesus' free gift of salvation if they are not followers, and for their families.

I guess... I'll just ask you to post anyone you know right now dealing with cancer and I will pray for them too. Also, please pray for those I mentioned if you are a believer. Thanks guys... I do love y'all and still lurk and laugh a lot.

God bless.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can add my mother's husband to the list.

Jan 22, 2020, 12:28 PM

No idea how bad it really may be on account of the source of the information is unreliable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know I dont post much anymore... I just wanted to complain

Jan 22, 2020, 12:28 PM

Wife has last round of chemo tomorrow
Hoping the follow up scan in 2 weeks shows it did its job and she can get back to doing her thing again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Thinking of her. Granny went through cancer. All gone now

Jan 22, 2020, 12:39 PM

Great doctors and nurses. Quality care.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks - she’s got a great dr and all the nurses have been

Jan 22, 2020, 1:21 PM

really on the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Mom did like 6 rounds of chemo and is in remission right now

Jan 22, 2020, 12:31 PM

but it is just a matter of time. The cancer she has almost always comes back and is much worse the second time around. Basically, it is a waiting game.

Yeah, cancer sucks, but it is a terrible reality for so many people.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My dad - brain tumors.

Jan 22, 2020, 12:31 PM

I posted about a year ago that he had surgery for his turmors and they removed what they could.

Looks like he's going to have surgery again soon to have the 4 tumors removed. One is (and has been) very close to a major blood vessel in his brain, so they can never get 100% of it.

He's been dealing with these tumors since he was 45. The original prognosis was like 5 years... He turns 68 this year. Still active and working at 100%. He's strong like a bull and sharp as a tack.

Chemo is not an option due to the type of tumor. Radiation is not an option, because he has had Gamma Knife surgery so many times (12 times, maybe???) that he can't have any more.

Cancer definitely sux a fat one.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Indeed it does

Jan 22, 2020, 12:45 PM

My mom was first diagnosed in 2010, had surgery to remove the tumors and was in remission for a couple of years. It came back with a vengeance and she's pretty much bed ridden now. She was doing well with trials at Emory, but late last year they seemed to give up on her. I think she's tired of it all now, and I don't blame her. Hard to see her like that, not eating, not drinking, tubes running everywhere. She's under 100 pounds now, reminds me of my grandmother who had dementia at the end. Just a totally different looking person.

She's still got her wits when she's not taking Ativan, even made it to a few Clemson games last year. I never really wanted kids, but I cannot tell you how thankful I am for my son and for her getting to see him. She always said she wanted me to give her a mean little grandchild that looks just like me....Well, he's not old enough to be mean yet, but he sure as #### looks like me. My wife or I takes him over to her house almost every day so she can look at him play.

The only solace I think you can take is the fact that their death means the end of their suffering.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Indeed it does

Jan 22, 2020, 1:01 PM

fuuuuuuudge

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Them feels.

Jan 22, 2020, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Indeed it does ]

I didn't ever want kids, but I wouldn't trade anything in the world for the perfect picture in my mind of my mom holding my two daughters in her lap on the night she died.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll add them to my prayers tonight. My mom finds out the

Jan 22, 2020, 1:26 PM

results from a test tomorrow. Hopefully it's not cancer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 638
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic