Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The excuses keep on coming from Bama media
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

The excuses keep on coming from Bama media

Jan 22, 2020, 2:03 PM

It hard to believe Bama fans and media use the same excuses the chicken people to the south have used for years.

1. Clemson beat Bama because they have a weak schedule

2. Clemson got beat by LSU because they have a weak schedule.

Well which is it, number 1 or number 2?

Look @ this article from Erik Evans from SB nation. He has the ACC playing favors for Clemson.
I guess he should look in the mirror and see how the SEC plays favors Bama @ every turn.

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2020/1/22/21076954/the-acc-once-again-plays-favorites-for-dabo-swinney-and-clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I quit reading after "John Swofford is not a dumb man"

Jan 22, 2020, 2:07 PM

that was all I needed to know that this guy has no credibility

Re: I quit reading after "John Swofford is not a dumb man"

Jan 22, 2020, 2:09 PM

I guess you are smarter. I fell for the story and read it.

I wouldn't say all of that. You had an interest in it.

Jan 22, 2020, 2:20 PM

Nothing wrong with reading the article.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wouldn't say all of that. You had an interest in it.

Jan 22, 2020, 2:24 PM

I think he watched the trial in the senate yesterday where Adam Shiff said no matter what happened in the House the senate must have a fair trial.
I guess they both are on the same page.

Re: The excuses keep on coming from Bama media

Jan 22, 2020, 2:07 PM

The fact that you went far enough to read that and then even further chose to post it here says more about you than the author.

At least he gets something for his clicks.

Jan 22, 2020, 2:10 PM

Good point.

A wise man once told me...

Jan 22, 2020, 2:26 PM

Opinions are like a-holes. Everyone’s got one, they all stink, and when you poke at them, things get messy.

Re: A wise man once told me...

Jan 22, 2020, 2:28 PM

LOL that is a good one. I thought you might say everyone's stink but mine.

Re: A wise man once told me...

Jan 22, 2020, 3:07 PM [ in reply to A wise man once told me... ]

Ha!

I just want to point out . . . .

Jan 22, 2020, 2:31 PM

to such dolts as the one that wrote this piece, as well as other similar aspiring dolts for future pieces, that if you're going to use the ACC suck trope as an article of faith with which to BLUDGEON and discredit Clemson, then - as a matter of strict logic, you cannot discount the portion of ACC success that belongs to Clemson as somehow not counting . . . like how they dismiss half of the ACC wins over P5 teams b/c they belong to Clemson. Well? So, they don't count b/c Clemson is, what, uh, GOOD, huh? But then the conclusion is reached that because the ACC sucks, Clemson ain't so great, right? Spare me the pretzelized logic. Didn't you ever take symbolic logic? Is your brain getting any oxygen?

And how about saying that Clemson AND L'Ville BOTH getting equal time to prep (9 days) is unfairly balanced to Clemson, b/c, in essence, Brent Venables is so GOOD (how unfair!)).

Dumb as(s)es!

Re: I just want to point out . . . .

Jan 22, 2020, 2:36 PM

I could not have said it better myself.

Re: I just want to point out . . . .

Jan 22, 2020, 2:53 PM

Agreed... a buddy of mine (Coots fan) has this theory that our easy schedule is somehow a big help because we get to autopilot and be well rested for the playoffs. While that is probably true, a lot of people underestimate the ACC. I hate when people give us #### for the UNC win, that team was actually playing way better than their record.

Jan 22, 2020, 2:50 PM

Standard paygrade stuff from some writer who parrots instead of does his job and digs a little deeper .
Sports journalists of the modern era seem to have forgotten individualism and hard work and opted to just microwave the same pre-wrapped products they see on the shelf from a hundred different vendors .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 22, 2020, 3:29 PM

Absolutely, his article was about the ACC, and he kicked Clemson with the tie in to the conference as a whole. Smarter people than himself saw right through what he was doing, and thought about just how stupid this FK Boi must be!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 2:53 PM

Can someone find me Bama's last non conference road game please. (neutral sites are not road games)

Jan 22, 2020, 3:09 PM

'Bammer's last non-conference road game??????? What's that??????

Jan 22, 2020, 3:33 PM

Clemson, and only Clemson can do something about this. Quit scheduling Akron and Wofford and Charlotte and Troy State and all the others. When they do this the critics will have to find another excuse. The other league teams can help too. Beat Georgia this year. Beat Penn State this year. Beat Boise this year etc. etc. etc. you and I know that Clemson can beat other power five teams nine times out of ten but until they man up and find a big time opponent to play them this negative talk will continue. Clemson DOES NOT need to play Charlotte. They don’t need to buy a win. Until the ACC gets stronger from top to bottom, this narrative will continue to be spread. And it’s true. Clemson plays a weaker schedule than LSU etc. facts are facts.

Jan 22, 2020, 3:48 PM

Well the schedule is made way in advance of the year that the games are played. Clemson and Georgia agreed to quit playing each other on a yearly bases for a reason. The path to the payoff is the one with the least resistance. Clemson plays Furman, Wofford and the Citadel so they can earn money they need. I am not sure about Akron. If you were another P5 team would you like to play Clemson? I doubt it and for good reason. I think they should either cut down on the amount of games be played in the regular season or cut out the conference championship game and go to a 8 team playoff. The draw back is losing money on ticket sells for home games.
There is no good answer.

Jan 22, 2020, 4:02 PM

There are so few compelling regular season games. I'd say the SEC has the best conference games. OOC games? Precious few around the nation. The big boys simply don't want to get knocked off and jeopardize their playoff chances. Makes for a lot of blowout wins against weaker sisters.

Jan 22, 2020, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The excuses keep on coming from Bama media ]

I suspect that a team could buy their way out of a scheduled game if they wanted to do that!

Jan 25, 2020, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: The excuses keep on coming from Bama media ]

I agree, and if those cookie schools are schedule with just a couple of years in advance, Clemson/Dabo/AD should schedule us the strongest Cookie teams we can get, or the weaker teams from other D! conferences to al least make it a game. Without spelling out the type teams I'm talking about, I think that most know what I'm saying, teams with some kind of a heart!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: The excuses keep on coming from Bama media ]

I love you guys but after perusing our 2020 schedule we are in no position to give Bama #### about their schedule. They’ll play at least 4 ranked teams this year not including the SEC championship.

Jan 25, 2020, 12:01 AM

How many of those ranked team are ranked because they are in the SEC? The SEC will have a few good teams but most teams that will be ranked out the SEC are overrated.

Jan 22, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: The excuses keep on coming from Bama media ]

Try googling Bama's 2019 FB schedule, and bingo, there is every game they play!!!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/333/season/2019

Jan 22, 2020, 3:42 PM

If you want more laughs, read the comments on the article. Bama fans still making excuses for the 2019 title game. "Clemson had the whole year to prepare for us, not fair, we actually had to play people" "If it weren't for two errant Tua throws, and our inability to score in the red zone we would have won." "Venebles isn't that good, we played better defense against LSU with injuries..." Where do they find these people. My personal favorite is the "if it weren't for this..." excuses from Bama and OSU fans, that's part of the game, both had changes to overcome those mistakes/perceived blown calls and didn't. Clemson made the most of their opportunities, that's football, you lost, get over it.

Jan 22, 2020, 4:08 PM

I think this. When u get ur can kicked people look for excuses. When other people have
More success than you, most people make excuses.

Also, a lot of these posts on Tnet are by new posters who are coots/Tiguhs/bammers etc who are trying to pile on our loss. No offense intended toward the original poster

Also, these articles are part of the esecpn effort to cost us a playoff spot so a second sec team can profit. Just wait, you will hear a 2 loss sec team is more deserving than a 1 loss acc team. Get ready

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 4:13 PM

None taken. I had to get a new name because I quit posting on here several years ago when I drank a lot and after reading some of my posts after I had quit drinking well they were not very good.

35-31 and 44-16. Lined up, played, played and beat their

Jan 22, 2020, 4:01 PM

#####. Nothing else needs to be said. They would love to have those two national titles, but they never will. It was the worst beat down in a CFP national title game, 28 points. There is nothing else to say. They got their ### embarrassed on the biggest stage of all. At the point in the game where we trailed LSU by three and we had the ball, Bama trailed us by 21 and we had the ball. 2nd biggest beat down in a CFP title game: Ohio State 42 Oregon 20, biggest beat down Clemson 44 Bama 16.

Funny thing is they have a mural in their football ops building that says NO Excuses, but they have more excuses than any fanbase I have ever seen. It is really embarrassing for them.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic