Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just realized I've missed every practice this season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

I just realized I've missed every practice this season

Nov 12, 2017, 7:59 AM

Every now and then I have this dream that I am back in school at Clemson and realize that I am signed up for a class that I haven't attended all semester and start to freak out at how many tests I've missed and how will I ever pass this class.

After seeing so many posts about how we aren't prepared as a team and need to get focused and get our act together, I had the same panic and realized I haven't made it to one practice this season and how I am letting my Tiger teammates down. And the worst part is I know it is not a dream - I have actually not been showing up to practice.

Luckily, then it hit me that I am just a fan. I have no role at practice or the time between the end of one game and the beginning of the next, other than to represent Clemson with class. My job is to show up to the games I can make it to and cheer as loud as I can and show my support in any other way I can. Beyond that, I need to trust the coaches to keep finding ways to win and enjoy this incredible ride we are on. During the week, I can enjoy the wins or be upset about all the stats involved in the win. I've always heard the best teams and best coaches and best players find a way to win - not find a way to avoid turnovers, find a way to score points, find a way to minimize penalties, find a way to tackle, etc, etc, etc. Those things are important, but overall just find a way to win. Once we have that championship banner hanging, no one can go back and make any case against how we won in an effort to take it back from us.

As a fan, I may question some play calls during the game, wonder why we missed an assignment or overthrew what seemed to be an easy pass, but I also know I'm glad no one is analyzing my day at work or how I raise my kids and offering an in depth critique to all the decisions I made that could have been better. I just try enjoy where I'm at in life and focus on all the things God has blessed me with or that I've worked for. These players and coaches are giving us the ride of our lives these past few years. I can pick apart everything I think should have been done better, or I can just focus on how 99% of fans in this country would give anything to trade places with us.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, TU for the fresh take...

Nov 12, 2017, 8:45 AM

I still want our team to put 70 on UsUCk or UM.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic