Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hope the Pubs out the Dems on their BS ObamaCare lies..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 376

I hope the Pubs out the Dems on their BS ObamaCare lies..

Oct 12, 2020, 11:14 AM

Folks, the problem with ObamaCare is really very simple, but strangely difficult for those on the left to comprehend.

Bottom Line: It's too expensive! Not affordable at all. It provides sub-standard care by any metric of a health care delivery system. Its costs discourage families (ie. family of four) from even seeing their primary care doctor because of the ridiculously high deductibles (over $10 K for a family of 4), co-pays for an MD visit and prescription drug co-pays.

I watched the Dems this am citing false costs for care without the ACA. Just plain laughable. I especially took issue with the 'high' costs of immunosuppressive drugs for a kidney transplant patient.
The Dems continue to continue with their favorite ploy.........of making up shyt and attacking Trump.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right. It is too expensive and doesn't go far enough

Oct 12, 2020, 11:19 AM

to address the issues.

That's why UHC is better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

UHC is even more expensive.

Oct 12, 2020, 11:29 AM

ACA did not do anything to control costs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UHC is even more expensive.

Oct 12, 2020, 12:13 PM

It upped the costs for Crap Care.................

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On a side note, ACA changed how Dialysis is billed....

Oct 12, 2020, 11:32 AM [ in reply to You're right. It is too expensive and doesn't go far enough ]

Basically drastically reduced the rates government backed insurance would pay dialysis providers and essentially driving one of our clients in to the ground.

Instead of continually expanding providing more care (especially in rural areas) they stopped developing and are just maintaining their existing clinics.

There needs to be balance between costs and reimbursement.

And lastly, the government still controls supply. Forced demand (through taxation) and strangle on supply (through Certificate of Need) screws everyone.

Re: You're right. It is too expensive and doesn't go far enough

Oct 12, 2020, 12:13 PM [ in reply to You're right. It is too expensive and doesn't go far enough ]

Do you have ANY idea how bad UHC would be? Too costly and more importantly, it would ration care and create unacceptable wait times, even for a routine visit as well as important surgeries. Also, YOUR taxes would go up around 25-30%. Just look at the taxes and care in those countries that have UHC! Then get back with me. Heart in the right place but you're seriously misinformed and naive. As I've mentioned, I teach a medical school course on global HC systems. Trust me, we DON"T want anything to do with any of them.

Re: I hope the Pubs out the Dems on their BS ObamaCare lies..

Oct 12, 2020, 1:28 PM

It is too expensive, but what we had before was more expensive. ACA cut the rate of increase/year which has helped. It isn't sustainable long run but neither was what we had.

I don't either side has the guts to do anything about it so I'll take the broken, less expensive system over the already tried more expensive system until someone puts out a better plan that has a chance in hell of passing.

Replies: 6
| visibility 376
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic