Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hear a lot of conservatives make the statement....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

I hear a lot of conservatives make the statement....

Jun 7, 2019, 11:24 AM

that those on the left are "anti-American" and that they are trying to destroy the country.

What motive would they have for doing this exactly? I mean they do live here as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a ridiculous thing to say.

Jun 7, 2019, 11:34 AM

It's just a severe ad hominem used in lieu of actually thinking and speaking critically about an issue.

The person who disagrees with you likely thinks their stance is good for the country. Give them some facts that could help them see why you believe it isn't good for the country.

Re: It's a ridiculous thing to say.

Jun 7, 2019, 3:43 PM

It's hardly an ad hominem attack. The "left", which includes many Dems, supports those things that are diametrically opposed to almost all my views. I always wonder, "To what end?", and I just don't have an answer other than they hate America. We are not perfect, but we have made great strides correcting those things that were wrong; however, the "left" just won't let the past sins go! An example is Kaepernick kneeling to protest … uh … I guess cops shooting unarmed blacks. When will he stop? When all such shootings end? When pigs fly? That would be never, 'cause there'll always be one more at some point. You just can't sacrifice "good" in a futile attempt to achieve "perfect!"

Re: It's a ridiculous thing to say.

Jun 7, 2019, 4:00 PM

The only people still talking about Kaepernick and the others who were simply excercising their rights as Americans by peacefully protesting are deplorables like you.

Kaepernick ruined his career for something he believed. You trumpsters would never have the balls to do that.

This administration and its followers don't

Jun 7, 2019, 4:04 PM

seem to like people having rights.

I'm sure were we to discuss political views

Jun 7, 2019, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: It's a ridiculous thing to say. ]

you would likely lump me into left-of-center on many issues.

I assure you, I do not hate America.
I assure you folks protesting injustices don't hate America.

They (and I, I suppose) may hate things that America has done (and seemingly seems hell-bent on continuing to do), but, to me, it is precisely because those things seem in opposition to what we consider the ideals this country claims to hold. Or, to be more clear, the ideals we believe this nation should hold.

It is not hatred, it is disappointment and the working to make it (in our estimation) better. FAR from wanting it destroyed.

In the end I have no doubt you want this country to be better, and I know I do, we just may seemingly disagree on the path to that (or, indeed, what they may even look like).

When faced with your question ("To what end?") perhaps instead of leaping to "The pinkos want to destroy the country", instead at least attempt to understand the motivations whose political opinions differ from yours.

And yes, this same situation exists with folks on the left ascribing evil intentions where they need not exist to folks to their right.

As a friend of mine used to say "We have more in common than our differences."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hear a lot of conservatives make the statement....

Jun 7, 2019, 11:46 AM

They mean we are destroying what a great country they feel USA is or what was. The think we want gay people everywhere being obnoxious and for open borders where our country eventually turns into Venezuela or Guatemala. That and a bunch of other chaos.

Jun 7, 2019, 2:04 PM

A lot of thumbs downs on my posts in this thread. Well I know it isnt Bengaline.

Jun 7, 2019, 12:34 PM

This has been an old tactic that goes back, to my knowledge, to the 1950s and Cold War times. It's a lie and those in charge of the right know it's a lie, but they also know there are people gullible enough to believe it and it further sows division/gets votes.

One of the oldest tactics by bad people who crave power is to paint another group of fellow countrymen as enemies or evil, and then convince everyone else that only they can protect the people from those folks.

You see people on this board falling for it all the time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Jun 7, 2019, 12:39 PM

Kind of like when conservatives wanted slavery, or women to not be able to vote, or no civil rights movement, or no gay rights. Its just liberal types trying to destroy America in their minds. On the other hand, have liberals gone too far now or is there too far?

Jun 7, 2019, 12:44 PM

Speaking for all the liberals on the board, I will not stop until my gay, felon dog can vote.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 12:57 PM

Typical liberal wanting his felon gay dog to vote. Probably an illegal alien dog too.

Jun 7, 2019, 12:57 PM

He is a Border Collie so you never know

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 1:00 PM

Definitely sounds shady.

Jun 7, 2019, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I hear a lot of conservatives make the statement.... ]

Duplicate

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Who?

Jun 7, 2019, 12:55 PM

Getting rid of the electoral college, stacking the SCOTUS and the right to possess arms might be what they are talking about.

Imo, that would damage our form of government and our nation but I haven't seen where anyone here claimed the left was set on the destruction of our country as a single goal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who?

Jun 7, 2019, 12:59 PM

They say that we hate our country. They say that the patriots are all Trump suppporters. They often say that we want to destroy what this great country was. They say a lot of that when statues come down etc etc. What they see as hate is what we see as making a great country better.

Who?

Jun 7, 2019, 1:24 PM

I get a good dose of both the conservative media and the liberal media. If anyone is demonizing the other side it's the liberal media.

Has anyone here claimed dems are trying to destroy the country?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 1:31 PM

I see it opposite, but it goes on on both sides as far a demonization. And yes conservatives say it somewhat frequently that liberals hate America and want to destroy it.

Jun 7, 2019, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Who? ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Your-Anti-American-left-once-again-1906830

Jun 7, 2019, 1:54 PM

It's pretty common.

Just anecdotally, I see it a good bit on social media

Jun 7, 2019, 2:10 PM

among my friends and acquaintances.

Jun 7, 2019, 1:15 PM

that's what those nazis do

hahahahahahah!

Jun 7, 2019, 1:26 PM

pewrnt

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 2:21 PM

Maybe, just maybe it is because of the planks/plans discussed without grasping there is no “free” stuff. Not anywhere,never has been and never will be in fact. Discussing student debt forgiveness when mostly it was very poor life choices made for a lot of it. One should not incentivize stupid or we end up with Idiocracy.

Maybe it is the loud and strident demands to accept group think in all matters so as to not hurt anybody’s whittle feelings? Seems not a day goes by without some sort of butt hurt over something said or any idea with which one does not agree with today.

So many on the left so desperately demand “free” health care without grasping just what the taxes,VAT and gas taxes required to pay for that “free” stuff will amount to every day. No you may not have a premium to pay out of your check under insurance or premium monthly but every day it will be taken from you. You seem to pretend the EU does not take 63% of each unit of currency earned in some form of tax/fee. They pay income with far fewer exemptions, a VAT of 13%-28% on every good/service purchased. Gas tax ranges from a low of $1.20-$3.79 per gallon. Here in the USA given monthly sales of gas in gallons an extra $1.00 in tax would allow every citizen right at $30 a month in total health care.
Not very much huh?

I do not really blame you for a lack of understanding because human nature loves to hear free, I do blame you for not really looking up how the EU and others fund “free” stuff.

Now we can move on to a living wage, while in utopia it would be a fine ideal but it bumps up real hard against the rocks of the real world. Wages are set by supply and demand,heck in some locales 8 years ago fast food joints were offering $15/hr because they had to in order to hire. Artificially setting unrealistic minimum wages will only increase AI,robotics and IT to eliminate many positions. Also raising costs as it will be passed down to consumers. A National $15 minimum wage is simply silly.

Wanna talk affordable housing? Housing as far as rent goes is supply/demand and building is driven by construction and land costs. Resale’s by supply and demand. It is not magic guys,anything else will require massive handouts of money we do not have.

University for all? Seems that wonderful idea has only served to degrade wages as there is a far larger pool of applicants. How is that working out for you?

I could go on but you get the idea , right?

That's a very long, well-thought-out post...

Jun 7, 2019, 2:24 PM

That has nothing to do with the original post. So OK.

Re: That's a very long, well-thought-out post...

Jun 7, 2019, 2:34 PM

It certainly does but since I am intruding on an echo chamber for the left I guess it is understandable.

I am as far right as you can get on most things...

Jun 7, 2019, 2:44 PM

I'm just saying, the original post was about people accusing others of trying to "destroy America", and your post was all about people wanting "free stuff".

Did you mean to say that people who want free stuff are purposefully trying to "destroy America"? You didn't say that in your post. If you did, then the two posts would be connected, I suppose.

Re: I am as far right as you can get on most things...

Jun 7, 2019, 2:59 PM

Hmm, since it was posted here under his question one could reasonably connect the dots as to why some feel the left is out to destroy America in my reply. If the left gets their wishes what they end up with may not be so great in many peoples eyes. Not even their own once they suddenly find there is no free and by golly they actually have to pay for it too.

Re: I am as far right as you can get on most things...

Jun 7, 2019, 3:07 PM

But there is basically free and even the conservatives are in on it.

Jun 7, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I hear a lot of conservatives make the statement.... ]

I thought Trump was giving money to farmers now. I thought even the right bailed people out.

Jun 7, 2019, 3:23 PM

That’s just god blessing them through trump.

Just a point of order...

Jun 7, 2019, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I hear a lot of conservatives make the statement.... ]

idiocracy wasn't a movie about a highly educated society out of touch with it's roots, it was a movie about a poorly educated society that had lost the ability to critically assess. (sort of, anyway)

Without slinging the reverse of your ad hominem, I don't think a society full of highly educated people who want a break on their tuition is the right metaphorical vehicle for Idiocracy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just a point of order...

Jun 7, 2019, 5:22 PM

And not to sling the reverse right back at you I would point out that having a degree does not equate to being smart. It only means one can regurgitate info back on a test well enough to pass. . Educated and smart can be different things, In my life I have met many an educated idiot. Just saying.

"...a lot of conservatives..."

Jun 7, 2019, 2:55 PM

There are no conservatives in the Republican Party any longer. They have spit the bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 3:25 PM

https://images.app.goo.gl/T7gkfG4opPSe21459”>

null

Do yourself a favor.

Jun 7, 2019, 4:16 PM

Don't read Revelation.

-Nikola Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Liberals aren't trying to destroy the country, they are just

Jun 7, 2019, 7:58 PM

too stupid to realize that's what their ideas will do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Liberals aren't trying to destroy the country, they are just

Jun 7, 2019, 8:14 PM

Yeah you seem smart, considering every tech firm/co and amazing start up is founded and operated by liberals generally. Don't you have some gay person to hate or some BLM person to bash in your free time from being a loser?

Jun 7, 2019, 8:39 PM

Yes in theory they are liberal right up until the moment a City/State desires implementation of a tax on them to fund those ideals. Suddenly a lot lose that perspective and pitch a fit. Tell me again was old Steve a liberal?

Jun 7, 2019, 8:42 PM

Youre rambling as usual. Idiot alert. I think piping down would be your best option as far as saving face.

Jun 7, 2019, 8:50 PM

Well since I do not pipe down for mental midgets such as you it would appear unlikely. No response to my reply I see, truth hurt much skippy? Now you and your 2 living brain cells, 1 being scuffed, come up with a pithy reply. You amuse me greatly.

Just a little looking will show just how those liberal titans of tech cried like little girls over a tax on them to house the homeless. Just wait till the UBI taxes hit them to see the true colors.

Jun 7, 2019, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Liberals aren't trying to destroy the country, they are just ]

How about those amazing limo liberals in Massachusetts? The State studied the best site for offshore renewable wind power( libs love renewables ) as far as projections of power generation and costs. Right up till it was learned it was off Nantucket, those limo liberals fought it tooth and nail. So amazing they are right Carlsbad?

Jun 8, 2019, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Liberals aren't trying to destroy the country, they are just ]

Just what I thought, crickets from You!
Here ,I will even help you since you are Dain Braimaged.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44124326

Jun 8, 2019, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Liberals aren't trying to destroy the country, they are just ]

And another, 1st paragraph if you can read.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2018-11-06/the-latest-its-newsom-vs-cox-for-california-governor

Jun 8, 2019, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Liberals aren't trying to destroy the country, they are just ]

Could not leave out the Zuck!
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/10/mark-zuckerberg-universal-basic-income-facebook-tax

Jun 8, 2019, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Liberals aren't trying to destroy the country, they are just ]

In final here I would just like to point out you are way to easy Calsbad, in that vein I will refer to you as Simple Jack henceforth.

Jun 7, 2019, 10:24 PM

You are a racist. So it’s all even.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic