Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
PSA: Buckys BBQ Roper Mtn Road
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 370

PSA: Buckys BBQ Roper Mtn Road

Jan 8, 2021, 9:08 PM

I’ve been to all the places on the east side and this place is by far best for the chopped pork and sauce is great. $10.50 a lb, mutts is $12.99 and SBH $18.99. And it’s so much better! Bought 2 pounds today which feeds my 6 and they pulled out a 2 pound mini football shaped charred goodness. Sauce is great as well. I make my own sides so don’t quote me on their sides, I just go get 2 lbs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Been that way since day one.***

Jan 8, 2021, 9:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're ever around Simpsonville .....

Jan 8, 2021, 9:26 PM

try this place. Of course there are BBQ experts on here that know more than me.

https://www.eatbobbys.com

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a pizza place there that's good too,

Jan 8, 2021, 9:40 PM

Slice of Brooklyn. The owners moved to Simpsonville about 3 years ago to start the restaurant: I learned that talking to the owner at the bar, who has the heaviest and most stereotypical Brooklyn accent you've ever heard. Fun person, super cool. Has live music on weekends, a fun hangout place. Nice bar area, decent beer selection: not crafty, but good for a pizza place.

Across Main St from there, on the corner of Main and Curtis, is a great German bar called Unterhausen. Very small, 6 tables and a small bar. Brick interior. Has every German beer and wine you can think of. Fun owner and bartender.

Don't know why I want to pump Simpsonville tonight, other than you reminding me that the downtown is cool.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saved and will try when I can get out. Though I do ....

Jan 8, 2021, 9:48 PM

love my Bronx guys place.

http://fullhousesportzaria.com/index.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, that looks great. Have seen it, never been in. Will

Jan 8, 2021, 10:51 PM

give it a go.

You walk down in like a dungeon.

Jan 8, 2021, 11:09 PM [ in reply to There's a pizza place there that's good too, ]

They are a great customer as company has most the German beers. Bitburger, Paulaner, Warsteiner etc. Never eaten there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good stuff.

Jan 8, 2021, 9:53 PM

I usually get brisket at these places as I like my pulled pork better. LOL.

Have you tried Smoky Dreams Hwy 14 and Woodruff? I rate them #1, but truth be told have not eaten there in about a year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven’t tried them. I will and report back***

Jan 8, 2021, 10:06 PM

I recommend as well.

Jan 8, 2021, 10:13 PM

The hard part is picking between the ribs, brisket, and pork.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

If you get a chance to take Wayne’s (Bucky) cooking class

Jan 8, 2021, 10:12 PM

It’s worth it just to hear his story and being able to pick his brain. It also gets you an invite to help with the July 4th whole hawg and one year an alligator. Keep an eye out on Groupon for a reduced price on the class and it’s a deal.

IMO Bucky’s is really good restaurant style bbq and Smoky Dreams has the best pro small batch style bbq. I want to try Bobby’s and I’ve heard good things about the German place.

#### I’m hungry again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

I’ve been there for the whole pig roast and gator on july 4th.

Jan 8, 2021, 10:14 PM

was great. ill look into the class for future reference. sounds cool.

Fun times

Jan 8, 2021, 10:24 PM

Isaac Asimov

Replies: 12
| visibility 370
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic